IGNORED

Summer tours 2018. Cricket.

EmissionImpossible

42 minutes ago, Super said:

Who is likely to play against India? Leach or Bess?

Think it will depend on performances till then, if they're still vaguely equal then Bess, England will like his batting and fielding, plus he seems to have fitted in the group very quickly. 

Yes, a very unfortunate injury indeed, especially when JL was receiving batting practice at a time when all he was expected to do was to bowl out Hants!

I don't envisage any possibility of England playing two spinners against India, so, unless JL can produce some quite outstanding performances before the series starts, I guess Dom Bess will get the nod.

Quite lateral thinking, but this reminds me of Jimmy Greaves and Geoff Hurst.

11 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Yes, a very unfortunate injury indeed, especially when JL was receiving batting practice at a time when all he was expected to do was to bowl out Hants!

I don't envisage any possibility of England playing two spinners against India, so, unless JL can produce some quite outstanding performances before the series starts, I guess Dom Bess will get the nod.

Quite lateral thinking, but this reminds me of Jimmy Greaves and Geoff Hurst.

Drop Malan and play him as a genuine #4 !

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Did they just say England had a review and didn't use it? Why wouldn't you use it even if you think you're plumb? Could have overstepped or something.

Yep just sums it up. 

1 minute ago, Aizoon said:

OMFG we lost to SCOTLAND :grr:

And we'll never hear the last of it now....

...can some explain to me what Trevor Bayliss actually does..? Because if he doesn't watch any of the county games and players, what does he do?

Just now, BanburyRed said:

And we'll never hear the last of it now....

...can some explain to me what Trevor Bayliss actually does..? Because if he doesn't watch any of the county games and players, what does he do?

If he's anything like Lord Ted, he isn't allowed outside the M25.

Archived