IGNORED

Summer tours 2018. Cricket.

EmissionImpossible

14 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

WWWWWW

Cheers for popping over lads. 

:englandsmile4wf:

Although I wish it had been a tri series with India, always prefer them to individual series/games. I hope we see the mens team adopt the idea the ladies team are doing of 2 games in a day. Much more compelling to travel to a game if its not just 40 overs max. 

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Hales is actually injured and was ruled out of the series.

Ah missed that, wondered why it was Vince who came in. Still England are going to have one hell of a headache when all are fit. They've all scored tons this summer right?

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

Ah missed that, wondered why it was Vince who came in. Still England are going to have one hell of a headache when all are fit. They've all scored tons this summer right?

A pleasant quandary for the England selectors (for ODIs).

On the eve of this present series with India, the England selectors were faced with the invidious task of deciding who they should drop in order to accommodate Ben Stokes back from injury.

There were some who were suggesting dropping either Jason Roy or Hales, whilst some were even contemplating dropping Joe Root, he who has now scored successive ODI centuries.

Fortunately for the selectors, Hales' injury saved them from having to make what would have been a difficult and sure to be criticised decision.

Dom Bess and Jack Leach are both playing for the England Lions v India A at New Road at the moment. I was listening to some of the commentary this morning on 5live extra and they were saying on there that there is a strong rumour that both will be picked for the tests.

Apparently their performances with the bat have been a major driver, not just their bowling.

52 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Dom Bess and Jack Leach are both playing for the England Lions v India A at New Road at the moment. I was listening to some of the commentary this morning on 5live extra and they were saying on there that there is a strong rumour that both will be picked for the tests.

Apparently their performances with the bat have been a major driver, not just their bowling.

Bess scored 13 and Leach 12 in England's first innings: both were wicketless in India's reply.

I can't really see both being picked for the Tests and, for purely selfish (Supporting Somerset) reasons, I hope they both thrive at Taunton this summer. 

37 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Bess scored 13 and Leach 12 in England's first innings: both were wicketless in India's reply.

I can't really see both being picked for the Tests and, for purely selfish (Supporting Somerset) reasons, I hope they both thrive at Taunton this summer. 

Oh me too! They were referring to the tests v Pakistan (Dom) & NZ (Jack) though rather than this game - it`s been so one sided that it`s difficult to draw any conclusions from it apart from the fact that Alistair Cook will fill his boots against mediocre bowling (which I think we all knew anyway)

Personally I think one will be called up, probably Jack as they`ll see Dom as lacking experience v the best players of spin in the world.

23 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Oh me too! They were referring to the tests v Pakistan (Dom) & NZ (Jack) though rather than this game - it`s been so one sided that it`s difficult to draw any conclusions from it apart from the fact that Alistair Cook will fill his boots against mediocre bowling (which I think we all knew anyway)

Personally I think one will be called up, probably Jack as they`ll see Dom as lacking experience v the best players of spin in the world.

That sounds far more realistic.

Whilst I am sure we all enjoyed watching Dom earlier this year, I think what actually enthralled us was his batting for, if truth be known, his bowling was nothing spectacular - he fielded well, though, and took a fine catch.

**** the **** off, Rashid turned his back on red ball cricket he shouldn't be allowed to walk back into the England team, Ali is a dodgy pick over the Bess being in possession of the shirt as well, he didn't really do anything to warrant being dropped, great message the ECB are sending out, don't bother playing county cricket as long as you're an established international in one format. 

9 hours ago, Tomarse said:

So a guy who doesn’t play 4 day cricket gets into the squad over Bess. What an absolute ****ing joke 

Sorry but if Somerset don't pick him for a county championship game you can't complain about England leaving him out.  Bess had to play 2nd XI cricket when Somerset were losing 8 wickets to Moeen

9 hours ago, hodge said:

**** the **** off, Rashid turned his back on red ball cricket he shouldn't be allowed to walk back into the England team, Ali is a dodgy pick over the Bess being in possession of the shirt as well, he didn't really do anything to warrant being dropped, great message the ECB are sending out, don't bother playing county cricket as long as you're an established international in one format. 

It's Somerset's fault and one imagines Mr Bess will be offski after being left out of the last game.  I'd be furious if I were him

Archived