IGNORED

Summer tours 2018. Cricket.

EmissionImpossible

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I agreed with what he was saying! 

It may be 'part of the game' but the thing is we produce good pitches so doesn't really matter for us having a toss, its the countries who produce pitches which are heavily favourable, allowing the away team the choice will ensure a better quality of pitch all round. 

6 minutes ago, hodge said:

It may be 'part of the game' but the thing is we produce good pitches so doesn't really matter for us having a toss, its the countries who produce pitches which are heavily favourable, allowing the away team the choice will ensure a better quality of pitch all round. 

During the crushing Ashes defeat in Oz England won the toss 4 out of 5 times but still lost........I do get your point tho about better balanced pitches overseas.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

During the crushing Ashes defeat in Oz England won the toss 4 out of 5 times but still lost........I do get your point tho about better balanced pitches overseas.

More sub-continent is where I'm thinking, maybe Caribbean too is more where I'm thinking. 

Think Bess may have gotten a tad excited after his first boundary :laugh:

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Far improved on catching and fielding too from any Pakistan touring side I've seen.

Their past? Natural talent and flair with bowling, yet sluggish fielding and comical dropped catches- was part of their MO tbh.

It’s great to see. Just need the West Indies to improve a tad now!

19 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

It’s great to see. Just need the West Indies to improve a tad now!

We do.

As for this game, we need- and Broad especially- need to make the batsmen play more- conditions are fairly favourable for bowling it seems, need to get a few tonight ideally...still it's below par 184 IMO.

3 hours ago, Northern Red said:

I'd bin Root as captain tonight if there was anyone else remotely suited to the job.

Bayliss needs to give the test gig up to someone like Giles - we go out batting like we’re in ODI mode 

Archived