IGNORED

JT promotion clause...

SecretSam

10 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

I dont see an issue with it. He's a Chelsea legend, over 700 games for them and doesn't want to play against them - fair enough imv. 

No problem for me....Chris Waddle denies he had a similar clause in his contracts, as a Sunderland fan he didn’t want to play against them....but it’s funny that he was injured every time his team was due to play them...!

If I was a top flight manager I’d need to know if a player feels he cannot give 100% against one opponent - having said that, I’d insist he forfeits his week’s wages each time for missing those games and gives the dosh to a local charity....

6 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

JT's a 37 year old phuckwit.

Bruce reckons he's a great professional, but he can't play against his previous club?  

WTF?

Contrary to popular belief John Terry is supposed to be a very very good pro and is well respected and liked (not sure Wayne bridge or Ferdinand would agree however)

12 minutes ago, Scrumpty said:

Absolute legend showing loyalty. Had Louis Carey done this when he went to Reading, we’d be bowing at his feet.

You mean Coventry, but I get what you mean. Let me ask you this, would you say the same if Taylor said he couldn’t play against the Gas? Just a thought! COYR 

22 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

It would be amusing to see what happened if Aston Villa and Chelsea reached a cup final next season.......

Or last game of the season Villa play Chelsea at home and need to avoid defeat to stay up. Injuries mean they would need to play an Academy Centre Back unless JT plays.

He wouldnt be a good pro if he avoided the match then.

To be fair if both parties are happy with it then fine. I think he may get shown up by other teams though as regardless of how excellent a player he has been, he is old now, hardly featured in his last season at Prem level, and of course always had quality alongside him.

1 hour ago, Rob k said:

Contrary to popular belief John Terry is supposed to be a very very good pro and is well respected and liked (not sure Wayne bridge or Ferdinand would agree however)

A good pro who is happy to miss 5% or the season for his own personal preference ? 

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

A good pro who is happy to miss 5% or the season for his own personal preference ? 

Christ knows I’ve no desire to defend the racist ephitet-spouting serial blue badge parking space abuser over anything but everyone seems to be ignoring the fact John Terry has NOT actually said anything of the sort.

Steve Bruce has given a hypothetical answer to a question about whether Terry would extend his contract due to his desire not to play Chelsea and said that is what he would do to keep Terry IF he were asked to do so. It does not mean Terry has asked for it or will ask for it. It is complete speculation on Bruce’s part that had bee taken woefully out of context.

In realty I don’t think Premier League rules would allow this in a contract as it would unfairly give an advantage to one team (in that a team is picking a weaker aside against them and nobody else) and, now Bruce has said it, Villa could get fined if they do it. If JT did want this, the more sensible thing all round would be to quietly have him injured for those games as someone mentioned above.

With loan players, there has to be a clause you do not play your parent club to avoid a conflict of interwar but I am near certain it is not permitted for permanent transfers. I remember Man Utd tried to do it when they sold Howard to Everton and were told it was not allowed. So we are speculating on something that John Terry has not asked for and which would probably not be sanctioned anyway.

8 minutes ago, Super said:

Didn't Frank Lampard play for Man city and score against Chelsea? Terry is a knob.

Yes he did.

He went to New York City FC then on loan to Man City as they were out of season i believe. Plus the two are owned by the same group.

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

Christ knows I’ve no desire to defend the racist ephitet-spouting serial blue badge parking space abuser over anything but everyone seems to be ignoring the fact John Terry has NOT actually said anything of the sort.

Steve Bruce has given a hypothetical answer to a question about whether Terry would extend his contract due to his desire not to play Chelsea and said that is what he would do to keep Terry IF he were asked to do so. It does not mean Terry has asked for it or will ask for it. It is complete speculation on Bruce’s part that had bee taken woefully out of context.

In realty I don’t think Premier League rules would allow this in a contract as it would unfairly give an advantage to one team (in that a team is picking a weaker aside against them and nobody else) and, now Bruce has said it, Villa could get fined if they do it. If JT did want this, the more sensible thing all round would be to quietly have him injured for those games as someone mentioned above.

With loan players, there has to be a clause you do not play your parent club to avoid a conflict of interwar but I am near certain it is not permitted for permanent transfers. I remember Man Utd tried to do it when they sold Howard to Everton and were told it was not allowed. So we are speculating on something that John Terry has not asked for and which would probably not be sanctioned anyway.

This. I wouldn't put it past JT doing something like this, as he has previous form for cringe worthy "look at me" moments like the full kit champions league celebrations and his personally organised staged 26th minute substitution in his final Chelsea game. I'm no fan of JT, but let's see if it actually happens before having a go.

Iniesta has said he didn't want to play in Europe to avoid playing Barcelona (or was it the new $30 million a year contract?!) and I didn't see much criticism of him?

Archived