IGNORED

JT promotion clause...

SecretSam

14 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

Off to the MLS I reckon. Will be interesting to see who takes him

With any luck he will go to Real Salt Lake, repent of all his sins and become a Mormon.

1 minute ago, Olé said:

With any luck he will go to Real Salt Lake, repent of all his sins and become a Mormon.

The more 'established' teams (TFC, Galaxy, NY Fizzy Drinks, etc) have their DP's sorted so now the more unfashionable teams would be in the market for players such as Terry. DC United are getting Rooney and the last time they were good, Freddy Adu was apparently the next Pele!

4 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Only the Americans could come up with the Designated Player. What comes next? The Soccer Mercenary a la Jon Stark parachuted in to win the MLS or to save the franchise from disaster. 

Funny you should mention  him, Tony, I was looking back at old copies of the Football Picture Monthly only last weekend. Shame they are not still around

42 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

Funny you should mention  him, Tony, I was looking back at old copies of the Football Picture Monthly only last weekend. Shame they are not still around

Used to love ‘em Al. Can’t remember the names of the flash blonde dodgy striker and his nemesis the dark moustached honest defender. 

On 26/05/2018 at 16:34, Calculus said:

Many years ago (1974) Denis Law, the Man United legend, scored the goal that sent United down whilst playing for Man City. Never seen anybody look so upset about scoring a goal and he went off shortly afterwards. He got no aggro for it though - everybody recognised him as a complete pro and he's still a hero at United.

JT should do the right thing by the fans and club that pay his wages.

I loved Denis Law’s professionalism back then but it’s a myth that he relegated Man United with that backheel - they’d have still been relegated even if they had drawn with or beaten Man City that day....he was just genuinely gutted that he’d scored against ‘his’ club....it would have been an easy one to miss but he was very professional....but his goal was basically meaningless in terms of relegating United, it had no bearing on that...

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/the-misconception-that-denis-law-relegated-manchester-united-1-4037504

15 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Used to love ‘em Al. Can’t remember the names of the flash blonde dodgy striker and his nemesis the dark moustached honest defender. 

Tony, I think the Striker was called Nash. Those two characters were part of the United story series. I am thinking of trying to get them on ebay. There only 400 issues. It was the same people who produced Commando

13 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I loved Denis Law’s professionalism back then but it’s a myth that he relegated Man United with that backheel - they’d have still been relegated even if they had drawn with or beaten Man City that day....he was just genuinely gutted that he’d scored against ‘his’ club....it would have been an easy one to miss but he was very professional....but his goal was basically meaningless in terms of relegating United, it had no bearing on that...

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/the-misconception-that-denis-law-relegated-manchester-united-1-4037504

Amazing how myth becomes fact over time !!

JT is entitled to ask for whatever he wants - it's up to the employing club to agree - and I think they are idiots if they do.

I wouldn't allow my personal allegences to get in the way of doing a professional job - if I were a footballer and had to play against Bristol City then I would try just as hard as I would against any other club. I may not celebrate if I scored - or hold up my shirt to show a Bristol City shirt underneath - but I would still play my best. Sadly at 51 I think that ship has sailed!!!!

Its like Marcus Stewart playing for Rovers - a lifelong City fan but did a professional job when facing us - and Christian Roberts; a lifelong Cardiff fan - and wouldn't celebrate when scoring against them, but he still did it.

Archived