IGNORED

Championship play off final

E.G.Red

6 hours ago, E.G.Red said:

Three simple questions

1. Who would you like to win?

2. Which away game would you miss ?

3. Which club needs to win ? (According to Danny Murphy on Talksport this morning, from a financial perspective Villa MUST win )

1. Villa 

2. Fulham

3. Villa

10 minutes ago, Super said:

Is this right?

As far as I can tell, yes. We sold him for £11m with it going to £15m (https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11677/10558164/aston-villa-bid-15m-for-bristol-city-striker-jonathan-kodjia

A bit of research on Football Manager (I know, I know. But they’re accurate on contract stuff) says the £4m is a promotion clause. We also had a £500k one for Tomlin, so we’re rolling in it already. 

1 hour ago, Wade Wilson said:

As far as I can tell, yes. We sold him for £11m with it going to £15m (https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11677/10558164/aston-villa-bid-15m-for-bristol-city-striker-jonathan-kodjia

A bit of research on Football Manager (I know, I know. But they’re accurate on contract stuff) says the £4m is a promotion clause. We also had a £500k one for Tomlin, so we’re rolling in it already. 

There is of course the strong rumour that the Baker Transfer was a small fee (400k) and the waiving of Kodjia’s add-on.

Deep down I would prefer Fulham to go up, but getting rid of Villa for next season's Champ is a good thing for all other clubs due to their spending power etc. Also if Fulham stay down, I can see 3-4 of the best players (including Sessegnon and Cairney) leaving in the Summer, thus weakening them. 

Fulham is also my favourite away day for too many reasons to list here :shifty:

8 hours ago, E.G.Red said:

Three simple questions

1. Who would you like to win?

2. Which away game would you miss ?

3. Which club needs to win ? (According to Danny Murphy on Talksport this morning, from a financial perspective Villa MUST win )

1.villa - think they have another year parachute payment left so itd help to get rid of them. Also Fulham will definitely lose their better players if the fail to make it. If Fulham go up that's potentially another team with parachute payment s to deal with in a year or two.

2 Fulham

3 villa

Fulham deserve to win though.

I’m just glad we didn’t balls up the plan by reaching it.

Imagine there would have been egg on some people’s faces had we achieved promotion way before the power point in August had said so.

Archived