IGNORED

Championship next season- stronger or weaker?

MC RISK77

It's encouraging that Villa could face an exodus of talent. Terry first out the door and Grealish wanted by Leicester. 

Also with Derby taking a risk on a rookie manager, that's two sides that could be weaker.

Villa are in big trouble financially allegedly and Derby also will lose a lot of their best players (along with having a manager unknown at this level).

I think all 3 relegated sides will find it tough going first year down especially if they lose a lot of their best players as expected. 

Of the promoted sides Blackburn could do well but I would be surprised if anything better than top 10. I think Wigan and Rotherham would both be pleased to avoid relegation battle. 

Expect a Pulis Boro side to be v strong in his second season but outside of that I think the division should be easier. 

A lot of last season champ clubs (such as us, Villa and Norwich) are likely to lose their top players this summer so much will depend on how it is reinvested. But I don’t see anyone having the spending power of wolves and villa over last couple of years. 

It could be a very open and exciting season! 

Archived