IGNORED

hope the 2022 World cup could be taken away Qatar?

2 hours ago, Spoons said:

Just the fact that at least 8 people have been killed building the stadiums should be reason alone to take it off them.

Such a farce. 

It's a lot, lot more than that. Around 1200 workers have died, and the number could rise to 4000 by the time all construction has been completed. How this hasn't been advertised and scrutinised by the authorities more, I'll never know. But hey, money talks. 

25 minutes ago, WestMidsRed said:

It's a lot, lot more than that. Around 1200 workers have died, and the number could rise to 4000 by the time all construction has been completed. How this hasn't been advertised and scrutinised by the authorities more, I'll never know. But hey, money talks. 

Wonder how much blatter and platini and the rest made from those bribes.

27 minutes ago, WestMidsRed said:

And nearly every one of them has been foreign workers that the government have claimed was suicide!

7 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Absolutely no chance of honesty breaking out in FIFA. Corruption is endemic. For all I know we may have pushed some brown envelopes in the right direction to beat off West Germany and Spain to win the tournament in 1966. 

Corruption was more honest in those days .

:yes:

5 hours ago, WestMidsRed said:

I agree, was only using the official numbers just incase I get sued by the quatari government but it's joke. 

Nearly all Bangladesh and Indian migrants who have lost there life's , no health and safety....and all in the name of a world cup?

Going back to our award for the 1966 World cup,and before my football time started

I understand England along with the BBC and maybe ITV as well.

Secured the World on condition that we(the U.K) promised we could beam pictures LIVE around the World.

With the world cup in Chile in 1962,no live pictures

The pictures were taken to the northern hemisphere(USA?) by plane?

So the pictures could be beamed to a Northern hemisphere audience

I live and work in Qatar. Have been here for about two years now the place is one big building site gearing up for 2022. The local league is terrible, standard is OK but the stadiums are empty.  One of the stadiums they have finished is impressive, but I don't see how they will be ready. Firstly they have have to much cheaper beer and let fans drink in the streets and parks!

On 29/05/2018 at 18:57, Robin in Qatar said:

The 2022 WC will only attract very rich fans. Beer is so expensive here, the only bars are the hotel bars. Which are OK, but won't handle thousands of beer thirsty football fans

But I'm sure the "ladies" will make a packet.

Cheese (also in Doha)

On 29/05/2018 at 16:57, Robin in Qatar said:

The 2022 WC will only attract very rich fans. Beer is so expensive here, the only bars are the hotel bars. Which are OK, but won't handle thousands of beer thirsty football fans

Can’t imagine getting drunk in Qatar (at least in public) is a bright idea anyway.

What happens when they see a bunch of guys hug each other at a last minute winner?

40 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Can’t imagine getting drunk in Qatar (at least in public) is a bright idea anyway.

What happens when they see a bunch of guys hug each other at a last minute winner?

Anyone going to the Middle East needs their head examined (no offence to previous poster..each to their own etc)

4 minutes ago, Juan Kerr said:

Anyone going to the Middle East needs their head examined (no offence to previous poster..each to their own etc)

A whole different debate, but I'd say Qatar isn't as bad a place to be as some might think.  Can't speak for Saudi though!

Archived