IGNORED

Our keeper and back four next season

Agard Days Night

If as is to be expected we ditch Flint, Bryan and Frankie this summer and bring in strength in Henderson and Williams, how do people see our defence lining up next season?

Henderson

Pisano  Vyner  Baker  Williams 

Or have we seen the last of Eros and Baker too?

Henderson 

Moore  Vyner  Williams  Kelly

Either way will certainly be a new look back line come August and will be great to see Del back at the Gate.

13 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

If as is to be expected we ditch Flint, Bryan and Frankie this summer and bring in strength in Henderson and Williams, how do people see our defence lining up next season?

Henderson

Pisano  Vyner  Baker  Williams 

Or have we seen the last of Eros and Baker too?

Henderson 

Moore  Vyner  Williams  Kelly

Either way will certainly be a new look back line come August and will be great to see Del back at the Gate.

Who is Williams? 

Far too early to tell what our line up will be;

Seems highly likely that we are looking to upgrade on FF in goal, whether that means he’ll leave is 50/50 I’d say. If he does we will have to bring in two keepers now that Steele has gone.

Can’t believe we’ll go with Pisano as our only RB, so unless we believe Vyner or Moore can do a job there that’s another signing.

Bryan appears to be off, possibly Magnússon too so McQueen appears the replacement LB.

In the middle we have Flint, Baker & Wright plus a number of youngsters, should any of the 3 senior ones leave I’d expect them to be replaced.

Could be a lot of changes..

21 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

So does anyone know where this Williams thing has come from?!?!

Hamburg originally. Then Aston Villa, BCFC and Blackburn. Made his debut for Ireland yesterday. Still young at 25 and proven to be very popular at the Gate. Come on leaps and bounds since moving to Blackburn and looking increasingly likely to be back in BS3 this summer. 

5 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Who’s Williams. :laughcont:

Derrick Williams. 

1 minute ago, Agard Days Night said:

Hamburg originally. Then Aston Villa, BCFC and Blackburn. Made his debut for Ireland yesterday. Still young at 25 and proven to be very popular at the Gate. Come on leaps and bounds since moving to Blackburn and looking increasingly likely to be back in BS3 this summer. 

Derrick Williams. 

Says who? 

I like Derrick Williams, and thank him for all that he did in that double winning season, but if we want to progress signing good league one players who aren't of championship ability will get us nowhere, stick Lloyd Kelly at left back, he's been great there when he's played and is a much better all round player than Williams 

8 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Derrick Williams. 

Seeing as it was LJ who sold him to Blackburn in the first place I’d be amazed if he returned.

Blackburn have just gone up, he has been an automatic choice there, I cannot see any possibility of this happening.

10 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Derrick Williams. 

Any credible source? Or are you making it up as you go along?

16 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Any credible source? Or are you making it up as you go along?

Yes I have a contact at the club and another who is very close to Derrick. Both very much on the same page on this one.

27 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Swap deal for Frankie ...haha (joke)

Many a true word is spoken in jest. 

15 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Yes I have a contact at the club and another who is very close to Derrick. Both very much on the same page on this one.

Many a true word is spoken in jest. 

That's funny, because not many a true word is spoken in your posts.

10 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

That's funny, because not many a true word is spoken in your posts.

Really positive and constructive contribution there Mr 27. Thanks .

1 minute ago, Super said:

Jeez no bloody Pisano he is terrible! Why do fans want to persist with players who are not good enough?

Henderson

Moore Vyner Williams Kelly

59 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Seeing as it was LJ who sold him to Blackburn in the first place I’d be amazed if he returned.

Blackburn have just gone up, he has been an automatic choice there, I cannot see any possibility of this happening.

Always liked Williams. A defender who liked defending. Put his body on the line and underrated when up against Flint and Ayling in the back 3 of 14/15. 

Was a versatile squad member in our first season back up playing LCB, LWB (not a natural) as Joe struggled to step up and LB in a 4.

Always saw him becoming better and better and at worst a very decent Champ defender. 

Blackburn POTY in 16/17 and now ROI call up. 

I’d suggest LJ was hasty in getting rid of him. 

Would have no problem seeing him back here. 

Such a weak back line last year, I wouldn’t be sad to see any of em go though I would say thanks for the memories to Aden, Joe and Francis. But that is based on their contribution in league one and battling to avoid the drop in the championship. We need to upgrade if we want to progress. I’d be happy to see Zak, Lloyd and Taylor get game time next season. Would stick with Bailey as he’s a battler and a motivator. I have heard some stuff about DW too but not sure there’s anything in it. 

Not really sure where / what this anti Pisano thread is based on.

Before his injury he was beginning to look very good indeed. Solid defender n great going forward. After injury certainly would have taken time to regain sharpness - but playing with the rest of the team playing such brain dead football was never going to help his confidence in himself or the others around him. Still have hopes for him but cwrtainly not a write off yet surely?

Archived