IGNORED

Our keeper and back four next season

Agard Days Night

3 minutes ago, extonsred said:

Not really sure where / what this anti Pisano thread is based on.

Before his injury he was beginning to look very good indeed. Solid defender n great going forward. After injury certainly would have taken time to regain sharpness - but playing with the rest of the team playing such brain dead football was never going to help his confidence in himself or the others around him. Still have hopes for him but cwrtainly not a write off yet surely?

This isn’t an anti Pisano thread mate. 

I think we all know that the OP meant McQueen but got mixed up and wrote Williams, and immediately the forum jokers turned the thread into a comedy thread for their amusement which sadly some haven't picked up on and are now puzzled re Williams. 

1 minute ago, 123red1 said:

I think we all know that the OP meant McQueen but got mixed up and wrote Williams, and immediately the forum jokers turned the thread into a comedy thread for their amusement which sadly some haven't picked up on and are now puzzled re Williams. 

He said himself Derrick Williams.

1 minute ago, Super said:

He said himself Derrick Williams.

Really in that case, close the thread. The chances of Derrick Williams playing here again in a City shirt as about as high as I have of getting Rachel Riley to go on a date with me. Zilch. 

We sold Williams at the right time.

Having a good season in Div.3 and getting called up for Ireland both mean very little.

Retrograde step to resign him and it's a concern if we're really considering it.

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

aren't we signing McQueen from Southampton when Joe leaves

also why would flint and baker move on baker only just signed and flint has just signed a new contract

Flint because he'll be in demand and we'll sell any player if the money is right, and Baker because he may not be 'trusted'.

14 minutes ago, 123red1 said:

Really in that case, close the thread. The chances of Derrick Williams playing here again in a City shirt as about as high as I have of getting Rachel Riley to go on a date with me. Zilch. 

Damn right you've no chance as she's out on a date with me tonight.

Mind you, I don't expect it to lead to anything as  I'm sure she will be worried that something just doesn't add up right. :)

35 minutes ago, 123red1 said:

More like the OP won't admit his mistake 're McQueen/Williams and has now invented some story to cover it.

47 minutes ago, 123red1 said:

OP said Williams. ”Forum jokers” asked who Williams was. OP confirmed he meant Derrick Williams.

In summary: what are you talking about?

Not impossible! I liked Williams, problem here was the constant tinkering - swapping Derek and Joe around - Joe absolutely hated it to the point of refusing to pass or return a through ball to Derek when he was at wing back! 

Williams IMO was far hungrier but not as good a crosser as Joe

Could it be conceivable that Wright ends up as the only one to remain from last seasons defence?

quite clear that if rumours are true we will lose JB, AF and Mags if he has a good World Cup. Pisano only has a short shelf life and Baker can’t be trusted by LJ

I can see Kelly and Vyner getting more game time but in what positions is any ones guess.

McQueen rumoured to be joining us so that leaves us with the problem RIght back position to be sorted

Next few months are going to be intriguing as Bobby and Marlon could be exiting also

we could end up with a decent pot of money but how confident are we with our scouting team after the shambles of January??

3 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Could it be conceivable that Wright ends up as the only one to remain from last seasons defence?

quite clear that if rumours are true we will lose JB, AF and Mags if he has a good World Cup. Pisano only has a short shelf life and Baker can’t be trusted by LJ

I can see Kelly and Vyner getting more game time but in what positions is any ones guess.

McQueen rumoured to be joining us so that leaves us with the problem RIght back position to be sorted

Next few months are going to be intriguing as Bobby and Marlon could be exiting also

we could end up with a decent pot of money but how confident are we with our scouting team after the shambles of January??

Very unlikely. I can't remember a time where we've lost 5 first team defenders. I think 3 leaving is the most we'll see.. most likely being Bryan, Flint and possibly Magnússon.

3 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Only one of them I’d be gutted about is Bobby. The rest of them have proved that they lack the commitment and/or the capability to take City to the next level.

1 minute ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Only one of them I’d be gutted about is Bobby. The rest of them have proved that they lack the commitment and/or the capability to take City to the next level.

Not sure it's lack of commitment but said it many times they are mentally weak any kind of pressure and they collapse time and time again.

27 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

OP said Williams. ”Forum jokers” asked who Williams was. OP confirmed he meant Derrick Williams.

In summary: what are you talking about?

Someone else already pointed this out, so no need to point out twice. Not a chance Williams will end up back here. 

21 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Surprised people are buying this - OP must be laughing.

There's no links anywhere about Derrick Williams and remember this is the same OP that said Gustav Engvall was some sort of terrible disruptive influence in the dressing room.. and still hasn't been able to back it up.

Links are coming from within the club. Same as with the (very real) issues with GE. 

I’m hardly likely to say ‘Player X is my source’ or ‘my cousin cleans the training ground’ to let you know where the info comes from am I?

Use some common sense here Phil.

7 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Links are coming from within the club. Same as with the (very real) issues with GE. 

I’m hardly likely to say ‘Player X is my source’ or ‘my cousin cleans the training ground’ to let you know where the info comes from am I?

Use some common sense here Phil.

I just felt it wasn’t at all useful to post the rumours about Engvall - regardless of their truth or not - if you could never prove it.

He’s a young man with publicised issues about settling down here. If they were lies, it was potentially a damaging rumour to write. 

Ok we’ll see then if these Williams rumours are true. I doubt it personally.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I just felt it wasn’t at all useful to post the rumours about Engvall - regardless of their truth or not - if you could never prove it.

He’s a young man with publicised issues about settling down here. If they were lies, it was potentially a damaging rumour to write. 

Ok we’ll see then if these Williams rumours are true. I doubt it personally.

Williams won’t be coming back to Ashton gate

Archived