IGNORED

Multi-Story Car Park at Ashton Gate

myol'man

3 minutes ago, kanemochi said:

I was under the impression SL bought some of the land currently occupied by Babcock. Not sure if there's any truth in that, nor can i remember where i read it.

Would be an ideal place for a carpark though.

Esteban Investments Ltd definitely has a bigger interest than just the Wickes site.

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

Sorry but the club has a responsibility to provide car parking.  Same as any venue does (eg the Mall or Cabot's circus).   I imagine it will be bolted onto the indoor arena and hotel. Residents will support it if whoever is responsible actually enforces the parking regulations in the residential area.  Some of the parking was unbelievable yet nothing was done about it.

Was thinking, why don't City arrange some kind of discount with Metrobus.  Pay a supplement on top of your season card and get free travel to and from the gate on matchdays?  Make it a no brainer for anyone coming into town on their way to the game to get Metrobus.  Tag it onto Railtravel for virtually nothing.

it already does provide parking spaces, but its limited due to the amount of land on offer

jut renewed my parking space at Wickes (£190 for season) so asked if this space would be available all season.

told yes for this season but there were plans for the site

asked if this was a multistorey to which they replied it was one option but really depended on councili

13 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Assets of £13.1m as of May 17

With Junior as a director , Martin Griffiths and Stephen Fox

If i get a chance later, I'll review the Land Registry information which shows land owned by companies available via: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/hm-land-registry-commercial-and-corporate-ownership-data

They certainly have a few chunks of land in the vicinity of the stadium.

4 minutes ago, generation1 said:

jut renewed my parking space at Wickes (£190 for season) so asked if this space would be available all season.

told yes for this season but there were plans for the site

asked if this was a multistorey to which they replied it was one option but really depended on councili

£8 a game. Not bad tbh.

Land owned by Esteban Investments based on the Land Registry's open data....

Title Number: AV106717 - Cumberland House, Marsh Road, Bristol - price paid: £2,600,000 03/03/2014

Title Number: AV6615 - Ashton Works, Winterstoke Road, Bristol - price paid: £6,825,000 16/09/2015

Title Number: AV105479 - land and buildings on the South East side of Marsh Road, Ashton, Bristol - price paid: not stated 10/03/2016

Title Number: AV67007 - Midas House, Winterstoke Road, Bristol - price paid: £2,000,000 06/04/2017

One day SL calls down to LJ and says, “LJ me old china, I want you to make me a new Ark”. LJ replies, “No probs SL, me old Supreme Being anything you want after all you’re the guv’. But SL interrupts, “Ah, but there’s a catch. This time LJ, I want not just a couple of decks, I want 20 decks one on top of the other”.

20 DECKS!”, screams LJ. “Well, OK Big Man, whatever you say. Should I fill it up with all the animals just like last time?”

Yep, that’s right, well . .. sort of right . .. this time I want you to fill it up with fish”, SL answers.

Fish?”, queries LJ.

“Yep, fish. . .well, to make it more specific LJ, I want carp – wall to wall, floor to ceiling -Carp!”

LJ looks to the skies. “OK SL my old mucker, let me get this right, you want a New Ark?”

“Check”.

“With 20 decks, one on top of the other?”

“Check”.

“And you want it full of Carp?”.

“Check”.

“Why?” asks the perplexed LJ, who was slowly but surely getting to the end of his tether.

Dunno”, says SL, “I just fancied a Multi-Storey Carp Ark”

3 hours ago, The Bard said:

Sorry but the club has a responsibility to provide car parking.  Same as any venue does (eg the Mall or Cabot's circus).   I imagine it will be bolted onto the indoor arena and hotel. Residents will support it if whoever is responsible actually enforces the parking regulations in the residential area.  Some of the parking was unbelievable yet nothing was done about it.

Was thinking, why don't City arrange some kind of discount with Metrobus.  Pay a supplement on top of your season card and get free travel to and from the gate on matchdays?  Make it a no brainer for anyone coming into town on their way to the game to get Metrobus.  Tag it onto Railtravel for virtually nothing.

But the nearest stop will be the LA park & ride, which does not have a pavement/footpath to and from the stadium. 

Plus, did I not see something recently, that the Metro line that was due to go past the stadium, is now not going to be operating in the initial launch of Metrobus. 

You could only dream up this scenario if you were an amoeba! 

There will be two stops nearer than the P & R. One is just the other side of the railway tracks behind the Ford garage, as the flyover finishes. The other one is behind the block of flats where the bowling place used to be. From there it's a short walk across Greville Smyth park. This route will open in the Autumn following some last minute tweaks to the infrastructure over the summer. It remains to be seen what impact Metrobus will have on accessing AG by public transport. If they run enough buses at the right time, it could really help those people coming from the centre or the North of the City.

They could learn something from Bristol airport. Everything seems to fly through planning permision. New hotel, multi story car park phase one completed, new technical buildings and new fire station. Other side of the airport thousands of new car parking spaces and a new bus service with station and improved access roads and soon the old airport buildings will be demolished for new buildings to go up. The way things are going up there they're gonna need a 2nd runway soon

8 hours ago, hodge said:

Odds on complaints of congestion/increased traffic of people trying to park there, spoilt views etc. Let's not forget dog walking routes. 

Dog walking routes are F*****G important.

4 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Land owned by Esteban Investments based on the Land Registry's open data....

Title Number: AV106717 - Cumberland House, Marsh Road, Bristol - price paid: £2,600,000 03/03/2014

Title Number: AV6615 - Ashton Works, Winterstoke Road, Bristol - price paid: £6,825,000 16/09/2015

Title Number: AV105479 - land and buildings on the South East side of Marsh Road, Ashton, Bristol - price paid: not stated 10/03/2016

Title Number: AV67007 - Midas House, Winterstoke Road, Bristol - price paid: £2,000,000 06/04/2017

So pretty much all the land between the stadium and winterstoke road.......that is one large development footprint!

5 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

So pretty much all the land between the stadium and winterstoke road.......that is one large development footprint!

That’s what I was just thinking, is that every building between Marsh road and the Wedlock Way roundabout? If so that’s a lot of land and could house a much bigger development than first thought.

31 minutes ago, Ohbasso said:

That’s what I was just thinking, is that every building between Marsh road and the Wedlock Way roundabout? If so that’s a lot of land and could house a much bigger development than first thought.

It’s everything. 

9 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

This is a piece of a bigger puzzle, and I believe that the council have been dragging their heels about allowing the multi-storey as part of the bigger development plan, hence the club now mentioning it to residents to try and get them onside methinks. 

It might be that the planned arena for Basket ball, plus other events, is considered a threat to the viability of the City council preferred venue, wherever that is, so the club aren't getting the support they deserve from the council. I actually believe the powers that be, are in talks to have a slightly larger arena than planned, at AG. It could be a multi use venue with the extra Basketball courts going over to AV. Note, BS have not held any larger events at the gate to date, probably not wanting to upset a few of the locals that value the existing wildlife use of the tarmac strip. The seagulls and pigeons are attracted by the abundance of food in the area.

Multi storey on the council owned car park at the South Stand end. Linked to the new arena and existing corporate facilities, as wood be the new arena. Club want ownership of that car park, as in the original Sainsbury/Tesco plans, before investing. They're testing the water with this leaked bit of news, before the rest of the plans come out.

Obviously the vitriolic, lying, green objectors will come out of the woods, as it's seen in their eyes to be promoting car use, as opposed to, helping a problem which currently exists and, won't ever go away.

I have no inside information, just a gut feeling based on the lack of movement re the City council Arena, past experience and BS current requirements.

10 hours ago, Rich_s said:

My dog was expressing his outrage at the prospect of having to view a multi-storey car park whilst taking his customary morning dump on the village green. I read him your post and he thought for a moment before saying "actually.........".

...do you think we can get him onside if we chuck in a couple of extra lampposts? 

25 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So what is the structure currently being constructed on the former Mercedes site? Anything to do with our club? 

Self storage facility and flats facing the terraced houses, I believe. Independent of our club.

4 hours ago, Rich said:

Who's got the role of Baldrick?

Some bloke up in the stands called Robinson, could be Anthony but maybe its his brother Tony it's hard to tell, they're so alike. 

(btw... if you bump into one of them and he offers you a cappuccino coffee, politely refuse, make an excuse and leave asap!)

Archived