IGNORED

New Shirt Sponsor to be announced

Red Army 75

1 minute ago, marmite said:

This all ties in with the Far East takeover rumours.

It does make you wonder about the long term. We must be one of, if not the most attractive prospects to overseas investors now that we have fit for purpose facilities. 

The potential is obvious and could you blame SL for wanting out if the right offer came along? 

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

That’s what I don’t get though - what are the moral implications of it being a betting company? 

Alright, so as of recently I've known 2 or 3 people lose an awful lot of money through online betting. They've got desperate, one of them took out a loan, now they're seriously ****** because they can't pay that back now. These people are lower than they've ever been. 

I don't like that we'd have a company on our shirt that can lead to that, simple as that. Morally I'm not convinced it's right that Bristol City 'the brand' supports that. I'm not gonna kick up a massive fuss over it because it's largely a personal thing though, but the worst Lancer Scott does is offer you inferior brickwork.

I dont get the griping?

Seems that City fans want a world class stadium, top footballers, Prem football 

But equally want this to happen whilst having their name stencilled on their seat, the ground to be exactly as it was in the 70s.

Its a sponsorship deal.   Who really cares?

Did anyone of you get a house built by Lancer Scott?  

Does it actually affect your life in any meaningful way?   

Yep it seems likely it  could be a gambling site.  I personally don't care.  There is more important things in the world than the logo on a shirt.

I get that people naturally fear change and wish to vent.   But I can't see this is a real issue

• Admin
1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

I'd imagine it would be. It would be a bit odd to announce the sponsor but not the shirt. 

Trouble with that the announcement would be more about the player rather than their name?

They will be appearing on shirts anyway going forwards?

Thinking about it, remembering how long it took the club around November / December time, it must be some achievement to get one made in time for Friday !!!

1 hour ago, RedM said:

But in the meantime you can still buy this seasons one for £45 !!!

http://shop.bristol-sport.co.uk/football/replica-kit/pre-order-bcfc-17-18-adult-home-shirt

13 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Yep. But no one would bat an eyelid if it was More Than on the shirt. 

I can only assume it stems from the wider societal ‘not my fault’ culture whereby when you lose money gambling it’s the nasty betting company’s fault for taking your money and enticing you in with the bright lights....!

Spot on.

18 minutes ago, Super said:

Cum on you reds?

Don't forget, some of the more gullible fans might be aroused when the rallying cry of "Johnson Out" is shouted from the South Stand.

Especially if 'Cum on you reds' is shouted afterwards.

Thank Basso we had David James instead of David Seaman all them years ago.

Meh who cares what sponsor is on the front of the shirt. Whoever offers the most money should get the deal. No doubt our recent viral goal gifs and beating man untied has put us right in the spotlight with bigger companies. They know our goal gifs can go viral worldwide so if they do and they are seen with their big old logo on the front I'd imagine we had quite a few offers on the table.

As they say footballs a business...

7 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Alright, so as of recently I've known 2 or 3 people lose an awful lot of money through online betting. They've got desperate, one of them took out a loan, now they're seriously ****** because they can't pay that back now. These people are lower than they've ever been. 

I don't like that we'd have a company on our shirt that can lead to that, simple as that. Morally I'm not convinced it's right that Bristol City 'the brand' supports that. I'm not gonna kick up a massive fuss over it because it's largely a personal thing though, but the worst Lancer Scott does is offer you inferior brickwork.

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Alcohol (and many other widely available legal things) can ruin lives too if usage isn’t kept in moderation. 

I have sympathy with anyone struggling with any kind of addiction, but the answer isn’t banning any kind of gambling or alcohol. 

Funny how there’s already been mentions of Thatchers in a positive light yet a gambling company has people morally objecting. 

Alcohol (and many other widely available legal things) can ruin lives too if usage isn’t kept in moderation. 

I have sympathy with anyone struggling with any kind of addiction, but the answer isn’t banning any kind of gambling or alcohol. 

Funny how there’s already been mentions of Thatchers in a positive light yet a gambling company has people morally objecting. 

Never said ban it. Personally don't want to support it, got no problem with anyone that does.

Depresses me and me alone.

2 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Don't forget, some of the more gullible fans might be aroused when the rallying cry of "Johnson Out" is shouted from the South Stand.

Multiple.... 

Oh. You get where this was going.

6 minutes ago, chowie said:

There was this "thing" at the Utd game.

112817611_ScreenShot2018-05-30at12_57_12.png.18717f66c3de285f4ee03c66ccc51064.png

Were those sponsors of the competition though rather than us? You sometimes see in certain tournaments that the advertising is the same at all games. Not sure if the case here or not. 

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Never said ban it. Personally don't want to support it, got no problem with anyone that does.

Depresses me and me alone.

Yeah wasn’t aimed at you, just a wider question/thinking out loud. Credit cards can ruin lives, alcohol can ruin lives, gambling can ruin lives. But pretending the things don’t exist doesn’t solve anything. 

Were those sponsors of the competition though rather than us? You sometimes see in certain tournaments that the advertising is the same at all games. Not sure if the case here or not. 

Maybe, no idea, remember seeing it at the time and thought 'we may have to get used to this kinda stuff'

Could be Chinese Wet Wipes for all I know.

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Who was suggesting banning gambling or alcohol?? I enjoy both responsibly, ok alcohol maybe a little irresponsibly at times! 

Just because alcohol also kills thousands of people in this country doesn't mean we have to be happy about another industry that is fairly morally bankrupt sponsoring the shirt. It is what it is to be honest. I'd have thought the club may feel some sort of moral responsibility to its customers, maybe not though. I can't blame whoever made the decision as one assumes it is their job to maximise revenue as much as possible, or they'll be for the chop. Such is life down at AG these days...

Pretty miserable all round if this is true.

Fortunately the attraction of buying a football shirt left me quite some white ago now, but how depressing if we follow the herd and advertise misery provided by some dubious Far East outfit.

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Who was suggesting banning gambling or alcohol?? I enjoy both responsibly, ok alcohol maybe a little irresponsibly at times! 

Just because alcohol also kills thousands of people in this country doesn't mean we have to be happy about another industry that is fairly morally bankrupt sponsoring the shirt. It is what it is to be honest. I'd have thought the club may feel some sort of moral responsibility to its customers, maybe not though. I can't blame whoever made the decision as one assumes it is their job to maximise revenue as much as possible, or they'll be for the chop. Such is life down at AG these days...

I can't even begin to imagine how I might feel if I was in a media team, which no-one can deny had a remarkable year, lost my job, and found out weeks later that my employer had secured its biggest ever shirt sponsorship deal. 

Archived