IGNORED

New Shirt Sponsor to be announced

Red Army 75

10 minutes ago, Anglo-Welsh said:

A friend previously worked at Lancer Scott. Apparently all over their office that the Malaysian bookmaker Genting will be our shirt sponsor.

At least their logo isn't as bad as some of the betting companies out there!

12 minutes ago, Anglo-Welsh said:

A friend previously worked at Lancer Scott. Apparently all over their office that the Malaysian bookmaker Genting will be our shirt sponsor.

Fits in with the planned arena.

7 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Be interesting to see if our construction partner gets to build the new arena and all the other development presumably planned.  My bet is it won't.

What odds are you offering?

11 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

How much per season was the Lancer Scott deal? 

Any itk on the value per season of the new deal? 

Not ITK but I know Huddersfield were paid approx £1.5m a year from a betting company this year.

Even if it's half that, I imagine it would be at least double what Lancer Scott were paying.

7 hours ago, Red Bill said:

The CEO of BET365 last year was the highest CEO of any British company and trousered an eye-watering £200,000,000.  I feel punters should seriously consider where this ludicrous amount of money comes from.

Probably considerable portions of it from Grannys shoe box under the bed and when that runs out its straight down to Wonga.

6 hours ago, Alessandro said:

@havanatopia - my post wasn't directed at you or anyone in particular, but you seem to keen to show us your moral credentials (!) and now I know who you bank with! 

:fear:

Ditto that my friend. Hsbc.. Somewhat of a dormant account. 

50 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I don't care what the new kit looks like, it's only here for one season and I won't be buying it anyway

I don't care who the new sponsor is. I bet responsibly, it is very easy to do

Couldn't give a rats arse if the away kit is old school Bristol City blue

But if the robin isn't back, in a roundel, I'm kicking right off

I have heard that the Robin is on the back of the shorts, you can see the wings spread mid flight the body and legs butt no sign of the head!

4 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Not ITK but I know Huddersfield were paid approx £1.5m a year from a betting company this year.

Even if it's half that, I imagine it would be at least double what Lancer Scott were paying.

I was told the existing deal is £1m/annum. I've only met the person who told me a couple of times, but he ought to know. 

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Why would anyone object to a Robin?

We are The Robins!!

Why are we the robbins? The robin’s breast is orange!  Blackpool should be the robbins. 

The bird was named before the English language had a word for the colour ‘orange’. Many things that were really orange were called red instead even though we did have the word for ‘orange’ as in the fruit.

The colour orange was not named as a colour in English until the 16th century. The name for the colour comes from the fruit.

Considering we have a nickname that has its origins in Shakespeare’s day, is it any wonder that some people get upset about hashtags and strange fonts?

5 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Why are we the robbins? The robin’s breast is orange!  Blackpool should be the robbins. 

The bird was named before the English language had a word for the colour ‘orange’. Many things that were really orange were called red instead even though we did have the word for ‘orange’ as in the fruit.

The colour orange was not named as a colour in English until the 16th century. The name for the colour comes from the fruit.

Considering we have a nickname that has its origins in Shakespeare’s day, is it any wonder that some people get upset about hashtags and strange fonts?

It's true, hardly anyone spells "robin" with two b's these days ;) 

4 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I find this quite a lazy argument.

Have you noted a number of posters attacking both?

Can you list a few? :dunno:

We had a baby yesterday, so basically no I can't and I don't have the energy or the inclination. However, I would still be willing to bet that if I or anyone was so inclined, I could find more than 1.

In that respect, I agree that it's a lazy argument. I made the accusation with no intention of backing it up!

9 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

We had a baby yesterday, so basically no I can't and I don't have the energy or the inclination. However, I would still be willing to bet that if I or anyone was so inclined, I could find more than 1.

In that respect, I agree that it's a lazy argument. I made the accusation with no intention of backing it up!

Congratulations.

8 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

Congratulations 

:pacifier:and good luck.

29 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

Congratulations . Any chance he / she will be called Robin?

If we are going under the Genting Brand, this would be a massive positive move for Bristol City, as with their money, and likely sponsorship into SL's Entertainment centre, Arena and Hotel, they would have the power to get Bristol CC to make it happen. They are a worldwide brand and would bring a lot to the Club as well as money. 

7 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

See I’ve always absolutely detested that ‘lads/bantz’ cringe culture. And so I don’t partake in it. It’s that easy.   

Frankly if you’re that easily led that an advert on the telly makes you go out and do something that you don’t already want to do that’s a wider issue that actually has nothing to do with gambling per se. 

If you see that advert and it actually encourages you to go out and spaff your rent money on the football, what else do you do because you see it on the telly? 

Big Dave the bricky sat shaving his legs with a Venus razor scoffing a box of Tofiffee whilst filing a personal injury claim and sponsoring a blind donkey because the TV made it look so good?! 

So you're saying I should stop hanging around with meerkats?

22 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

However they remain as our prinicple construction partners.... with an arena build on the Wickes site around the corner, you can guarantee that LS are going to get some serious Wonga from us very shortly.

Will they be building the new multi-story car park,  I wonder if that was part of the deal?

Archived