IGNORED

Driving In Bristol Rush Hour

Anglo-Welsh

Haven't driven in Bristol rush hour traffic for many, many years now. This morning however had to take my car in for some work in a central Bristol garage. 

An absolute nightmare of a journey. The traffic in this City is just vile. Stuck on major roads not moving for 20 mins at a time, cars coming out of everywhere, traffic lights only letting 3 cars at a time through, everyone impatient and miserable. Glad I don't have to do it on a daily basis: horrible experience that I genuinely believe would negatively impact on my life overall and general mood.

Just wondering if any forum users do this car commute every day and how they keep their sanity? Spend a lot of time in London these days and Bristol is up there in levels of congestion.

48 minutes ago, Anglo-Welsh said:

Haven't driven in Bristol rush hour traffic for many, many years now. This morning however had to take my car in for some work in a central Bristol garage. 

An absolute nightmare of a journey. The traffic in this City is just vile. Stuck on major roads not moving for 20 mins at a time, cars coming out of everywhere, traffic lights only letting 3 cars at a time through, everyone impatient and miserable. Glad I don't have to do it on a daily basis: horrible experience that I genuinely believe would negatively impact on my life overall and general mood.

Just wondering if any forum users do this car commute every day and how they keep their sanity? Spend a lot of time in London these days and Bristol is up there in levels of congestion.

Chris Moyles on Radio X,

but the traffic isn't helped by the stupid amount of road works and traffic lights

1 hour ago, Anglo-Welsh said:

..and its half term this week, the roads are generally much quieter than normal. 

On 31/05/2018 at 13:39, Anglo-Welsh said:

My commute would be much less stressful/time consuming if people knew which lane they needed to be in driving south past Temple Meads.

• Admin
On 05/06/2018 at 14:45, MC26 said:

My commute would be much less stressful/time consuming if people knew which lane they needed to be in driving south past Temple Meads.

Don’t get me started on lane discipline, I have road rage every time I drive north or south through Knowle on the A37, the bus lanes are clearly, very clearly sign posted as peak times only, the vast majority don’t use them off peak and then glare at you as you sail past them in an empty lane - absolute dullards.......

On 06/06/2018 at 15:23, Maesknoll Red said:

Don’t get me started on lane discipline, I have road rage every time I drive north or south through Knowle on the A37, the bus lanes are clearly, very clearly sign posted as peak times only, the vast majority don’t use them off peak and then glare at you as you sail past them in an empty lane - absolute dullards.......

Out of interest mate, do the signs state what are considered 'peak times' i.e. 7-9AM?

I know a lot of people who've been fined for using a bus lane, even momentarily just to over-take, so appreciate why drivers may be wary.

11 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

The signs couldn’t be clearer on the times, morning inbound is something like 0700-1000 and outbound it’s something like 1430-1800, big letters on the signs.

For some reason it’s always been like this on that road, no one has a clue and as you say the dirty looks you get when you drive properly on it is unbelieveable. 

On 06/06/2018 at 15:23, Maesknoll Red said:

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

For some reason it’s always been like this on that road, no one has a clue and as you say the dirty looks you get when you drive properly on it is unbelieveable. 

It feels like some people would rather sit in traffic sometimes. Gives them a better chance to send that really important text or see that incredible Instagram picture... :grr:

• Admin
51 minutes ago, MC26 said:

It feels like some people would rather sit in traffic sometimes. Gives them a better chance to send that really important text or see that incredible Instagram picture... :grr:

Not sure if it’s just in traffic, I work in Swindon and my daily grind on the M4 never ceases to amaze me, saw a women this week with an iPad (or similiar) on her steering wheel and she was obviously using it - idiots like that should face long bans from driving.  

Archived