IGNORED

DUNDER - Now announced

chowie

2 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

Depends on what you think is a good amount.

How much were we getting before?

Well it is unlikely to be more than £500k so, as I said, it is a drop in the ocean compared to our debts.  I think some people were expecting a mega company, with mega budgets.

9 minutes ago, RedM said:

Oh great. Dunderhead means stupid person. Did no one research this ??? . So we have Bears and Dunderheads, really :facepalm:

It was a phrase one of my old teachers used to frequently use to the stupid kids back in the day.

Dundereds....you couldn't make it up.

Just now, RedDave said:

Well it is unlikely to be more than £500k so, as I said, it is a drop in the ocean compared to our debts.  I think some people were expecting a mega company, with mega budgets.

I have no idea how much championship shirt sponsorship is worth, is half a million based on other deals clubs have done?

1 minute ago, spudski said:

It was a phrase one of my old teachers used to frequently use to the stupid kids back in the day.

Dundereds....you couldn't make it up.

No one has used dunereds for the last 40 years. Majority of young people wouldn’t have a clue what you were on about 

Traveling in a fried-out combine
On a hippie trail, head full of cider not wine
I met a strange lady, she made me nervous
She took me in and gave me breakfast
And she said 

:whistle::whistle:
Do you dunder down the gate even during thunder
Where pasties glow under the lights to satisfy your hunger
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover :trumpet:

1 minute ago, AshtonPark said:

No one has used dunereds for the last 40 years. Majority of young people wouldn’t have a clue what you were on about 

I just googled it and there are plenty of references to it still being in used, possibly more in the US but still. 

1 minute ago, DolmanDave said:
Traveling in a fried-out combine
On a hippie trail, head full of cider not wine
I met a strange lady, she made me nervous
She took me in and gave me breakfast
And she said 

:whistle::whistle:
Do you dunder down the gate even during thunder
Where pasties glow under the lights to satisfy your hunger
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover :trumpet:

Very good, this could be our new club song! 

This is the Google definition of Dunderhead :

A stupid person.

‘show the dunderheads how the thing should be handled’

Here are a list of other sentences incorporating the word - none football related but that will no doubt change!!!

• I'm a cowboy shooter and do not approve of being portrayed as some dunderhead who is dumb enough to think cotton balls will protect my hearing.’
  • ‘Today's dunderheads could be tomorrow's geniuses.’
  • ‘Even a dunderhead knows that fans swelter in summer's bleachers and bundle in December's cold out of a love for the contests, not for sociological or business deconstructions.’
  • ‘Military history is littered with tales of vital reports delayed by dunderheads, or overlooked by harassed staff officers: or simply not believed by high commanders.’
  • ‘At least you didn't end up with a dunderhead of a boyfriend.’
  • ‘That's partly because, to put it bluntly, the same old dunderheads are running the studios, and they show their true colors simply by opening their mouths.’
  • ‘Just where do all the dedicated dorks, delightful dingbats, and dialectical dunderheads, plus a lively assortment of daffy ding-a-lings call home-sweet home?’
  • ‘Once again, I have to explain the obvious to a highly-paid dunderhead.’
  • ‘I'm going to go iron my hands for being a dunderhead.’
  • ‘The two dunderheads nodded mutely then bent to pick up the girl.’
  • ‘Those cock-eyed dunderheads got me a weeks worth of suspension.’
  • ‘I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach,’

15 minutes ago, RedM said:

So who will get the kids shirts, academy etc as it’s not allowed to be this company is it. 

Surely no one? We don’t need a sponsor for the academy, and they don’t get enough crowds for any marketing potential anyway.

1 minute ago, Selred said:

Surely no one? We don’t need a sponsor for the academy, and they don’t get enough crowds for any marketing potential anyway.

Surely if we are giving away thousands of kiddies kits with their season tickets there would be an advert (as that’s what they are) on them. Charge a company and it would almost pay for the shirt to be given away for free.

4 minutes ago, Selred said:

Perhaps Lancer Scott are remaining on all kids and academy kits?

Archived