IGNORED

DUNDER - Now announced

chowie

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think it’s fine if you don’t like the idea of City being sponsored by a betting firm, and fine to voice your disapproval.  But as you say, no-one had that opinion, about SkyBet!!

It was always distasteful, but we always seemed to be a better judge of what was right Dave...this stinks.

9 minutes ago, Olé said:

I've just spoken to the co-founder of another Swedish gaming company (Mr. Green) and one of his old team has a senior role at Dunder. He says they are very good people. He reminded me that the founders are ex of another online gaming company that my old firm actually did business with, of which I can only say very nice things about the people I do remember and met - humble, hard working, decent people.

On the strength of my experience, and this guy's word (he is more a tech entrepreneur than gambling obsessive - as many Swedes in Online Gaming are), I'd say our sponsorship is in good hands. I spent 10 years doing business with people like this - I can tell you the people and countries in "gambling" that I'd run a mile from - and Swedish folks are NOT them. Very decent, respectful, law-abiding, generous, charitable etc. 

Again, as I said in the new shirt thread, this is not meant to dismiss or ignore those who have a problem with gaming, which I totally understand, but in terms of people that could be sponsoring us, particularly from the gaming sector, this isn't some dodgy Malaysian gaming front to syphon money for a despot regime, it's a good entrepreneurial technology business and from everything I know, likely very decent people.

So how much did you get for FIRES?

7 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

You might think so, I don't.

Point being you said we did things the right way yet various stands have had alcohol sponsors and we had Blackthorn a few years ago, so haven't been having responsible sponsors anyway. 

32 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Jeez, if anyone I thought might get it, it was you Dave. You said that they will get more visibility, yes they will, that is the problem. 

You do realise we play in the Sky Bet Championship don't you?

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So how much did you get for FIRES?

:laughcont:  Christ what a memory. That project died a death once I graduated, probably a good thing or I really would be a betting addict.

My old business was in payments/ecommerce, we did payments for the business from which the founders of Dunder have come.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Oh dear, Trustpilot aren’t impressed

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.dunder.com

Doubtless, BS have done their checks thoroughly as usual and will have taken comments on this site into consideration before agreeing to the deal.......................

Or not, as the case may be.

Anyway, I am with those that think accepting money from a betting firm is highly morally dubious in a sport attracting young people.  Little community responsibility being demonstrated.  Only one word for it really - dunderheads.

Just now, Ivorguy said:

Doubtless, BS have done their checks thoroughly as usual and will have taken comments on this site into consideration before agreeing to the deal.......................

Anyway, I am with those that think accepting money from a betting firm is highly morally dubious in a sport attracting young people.  Little community responsibility being demonstrated.  Only one word for it really - dunderheads.

tell that to the 100% of all the pro clubs in this country who take a slice of the sky bet sponsorship 

2 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

The club is no longer attracting young people, they priced them out of it with season ticket hikes!! :whistle:

Archived