IGNORED

Leeds Manager

RUSSEL85

4 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Mark Little’s wedding maybe

1 hour ago, Cjay said:

DOnt know where else to put this, sorry.

Luke Ayling's missus posted a picture of her and Flint at a wedding, just curious whose it was.

Anyone know? :thumbsup:

Seems he got the ring back. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5699911/Mark-Little-gives-Bolton-fan-coat-leaves-wedding-ring-inside.html

5 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

More clueless, petty criticism of Mick - a very, very successful manager at Championship level.....

It was rather tongue in cheek, in response to a somewhat tongue in cheek post.

The contrast was with Bielsa, one of the most exciting, and excitable, coaches in the business. Mick in the meantime likes to project a rather grumpy, dour image.

In the workplace so to speak I wouldn't describe Mick, or his teams, as exciting. Nor would the Wolves and Ipswich fans I have known.

As a pundit though he is one of the best imo, intelligent, articulate and witty. Unlike most pundits he doesn't state the bleeding obvious. No 'he'll be a bit disappointed with that Gary' from Mick.

If Mick was to become our head coach - and I doubt he would accept that role, being of the old school - it would be interesting to see his reaction if he got the kind of abuse LJ gets though. He certainly told Ipswich fans to do one. :boxing::worship2:

3 hours ago, Cjay said:

He is successful to a point.

2 promotions, last one being a decade ago.

Would you want him ? 

That is a very watered down, understated summary of Mick’s successes, if you add a bit of detail you get a bit more of the real picture:- 

In his first season as Millwall manager he took them to 3rd place on the championship 

In his first full season at Sunderland he took them to the championship play offs

In his second season at Sunderland he took them into the premier league as champions of the championship 

In his first season at Wolves he took them to the championship play offs

In his second season at Wolves he took them to 7th place in the championship

In his third season at Wolves he took them into the premier league as champions of the championship - they were top of the table for 42 of the 46 weeks during the season

He then kept Wolves in the premier league for three seasons 

At Ipswich he had less than £6m to spend on players in total over his six year reign, but he kept them competitive in the championship

As manager of his country he took them to the World Cup Finals....

I reckon a Leeds fan would do anything to snaffle up a manager with a record like at the moment...and to answer your question, yes, of course I want a manager with that track record of success at this level to be in charge at Bristol City....

2 hours ago, chinapig said:

The contrast was with Bielsa, one of the most exciting, and excitable, coaches in the business. Mick in the meantime likes to project a rather grumpy, dour image.

In the workplace so to speak I wouldn't describe Mick, or his teams, as exciting. Nor would the Wolves and Ipswich fans I have known.

As a pundit though he is one of the best imo, intelligent, articulate and witty. Unlike most pundits he doesn't state the bleeding obvious. No 'he'll be a bit disappointed with that Gary' from Mick.

If Mick was to become our head coach - and I doubt he would accept that role, being of the old school - it would be interesting to see his reaction if he got the kind of abuse LJ gets though. He certainly told Ipswich fans to do one. :boxing::worship2:

We might not be exciting but we certainly would not be collapsing in games like we have this season just gone. For pity's sake, I've been watching City for about sixty eight years and cannot remember another time where we led 3-0 at half time against Sunderland and at Derby away the year before, yet did not win either. 

It's all irrelevant because LJ is considered as a brilliant manager by the Lansdown family. 

12 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

We might not be exciting but we certainly would not be collapsing in games like we have this season just gone. For pity's sake, I've been watching City for about sixty eight years and cannot remember another time where we led 3-0 at half time against Sunderland and at Derby away the year before, yet did not win either. 

It's all irrelevant because LJ is considered as a brilliant manager by the Lansdown family. 

Oh dear, I need to make myself clearer. It was a response to a tongue in cheek comparison by a Leeds fan. Mick was just an example of somebody who is at the opposite end of the spectrum to Bielsa - who might be about to become Leeds'coach - in style and public persona.

It was not a debate as to whether he should be our head coach. In any event I don't think he would accept not being in total control, being of the rapidly diminishing old school.

As I have indicated I have a lot of time for Mick, who has far more about him as a person than some of his contemporaries imo.

Given the crap he took from some Ipswich fans and given that he will be aware of some of the more extreme abuse LJ has had I'm not sure he would necessarily be up for it if he felt that he would get the same if he had a bad run of results.

He certainly doesn't take kindly to fans who think they know more about the game than the professionals though and he calls a spade a spade so it might be fun in that sense. ;)

3 hours ago, chinapig said:

Yeh, I’m sure the Wolves fans hated going up into the premier league under Mick as champions of the championship after being top of the table for 42 of the 46 weeks....then he kept them up in the premier league for three seasons. And all this after he took Wolves into the championship play offs in his first season in charge, then he took them to 7th place in the championship In his second season, then he won the division as champions in his third season....those Wolves fans you know must have been very frustrated while watching success like that....

21 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yeh, I’m sure the Wolves fans hated going up into the premier league under Mick as champions of the championship after being top of the table for 42 of the 46 weeks....then he kept them up in the premier league for three seasons. And all this after he took Wolves into the championship play offs in his first season in charge, then he took them to 7th place in the championship In his second season, then he won the division as champions in his third season....those Wolves fans you know must have been very frustrated while watching success like that....

Please see my post #67 above for clarification of my point, which was merely a contrast as a personality with Bielsa not a critique of Mick's record. If you are familiar with Bielsa, who makes Klopp and Conte look laid back, you may see what I mean.

Though Mick did end up rather unpopular with Wolves fans, unfairly I thought. Likewise with Ipswich fans and likewise unfairly imo.

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That is a very watered down, understated summary of Mick’s successes, if you add a bit of detail you get a bit more of the real picture:- 

In his first season as Millwall manager he took them to 3rd place on the championship 

In his first full season at Sunderland he took them to the championship play offs

In his second season at Sunderland he took them into the premier league as champions of the championship 

In his first season at Wolves he took them to the championship play offs

In his second season at Wolves he took them to 7th place in the championship

In his third season at Wolves he took them into the premier league as champions of the championship - they were top of the table for 42 of the 46 weeks during the season

He then kept Wolves in the premier league for three seasons 

At Ipswich he had less than £6m to spend on players in total over his six year reign, but he kept them competitive in the championship

As manager of his country he took them to the World Cup Finals....

I reckon a Leeds fan would do anything to snaffle up a manager with a record like at the moment...and to answer your question, yes, of course I want a manager with that track record of success at this level to be in charge at Bristol City....

I do appreciate all that, as a person i like Mick, same as i like Ian Holloway.

On a serious note on Mick as our manager from my point of view.

You're correct, it does seem Mick does or did have plenty of support on twitter and such at one time to replace Heckingbottom. 

The flaws to that ignore a few things. 

Mick would never agree to work with Orta imo.

Last summer we recruited heavily for the youth teams with the specific intention of creating a copy of the Barcelona philosophy, identical playing style through age groups upto the first team. 

Thomas Christiansen was brought in with that in mind, his training under Cruyff at Barcelona. We abandoned that idea briefly with Heckingbottom, but i never got the feeling he would be there long term, made no sense. 

Now with Bielsa (if indeed it is to be him) we seem to be looking to go back to that plan. A great thing imo, not suggestng we are going to be Barcelona but fundamentally its a sound plan. Makes it easier to integrate the young lads (our u18s and u23s had very good seasons last season, many standout players). And Bielsa is known for his faith in youth and the practically identical playing style that is taught at Barcelona. 

So, Mick McCarthy similar to Hecky just wouldn't fit.

He wouldn't fit in terms of recruitment  (Orta recruits for a different playing style).

He wouldn't fit in terms of structure as mentioned above. 

And frankly if it goes wrong at all, and it would, there'd be a bad spell. Our fan Base would crucify Mick because of his style and we would have another unhealthy atmosphere. 

Fed up of unhealthy atmospheres and split fanbases, Bielsa may not be the right man, but the possibility excites the fanbase and its nice to see 90% of the LUFC fan base in agreement again.

Mick would be right for some clubs now, but imo Leeds United isnt it. 

6 hours ago, Cjay said:

Cant go past 5 years, we had Neil Warnock 5 years ago. 

I wouldn't want Mick, his football is awful, he would annoy the fan base, he wouldnt fit into this partnership with the 49ers.

Besides, Mick's last promotion was a decade ago, no serious promotion contenders took him off Ipswich in the last 5 years, for all the "he did a good job at Ipswich" he didnt actually achieve anything of note. 

What the f *** does fit in???

34 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

What the f *** does fit in???

An internationally renowned manager universally respected fits in. 

A bloke from Yorkshire who says what he likes and likes what he says doesnt. 

There's a suspicion the 49ers have more influence then has been reported. 

Archived