IGNORED

Women's team vacancy

BetterRedthanBlue

Noticed in the OS that we've listed the women's head coach job as a vacancy. Seems a bit strange we don't have a replacement lined up straight away when we agreed to go our separate ways from Willie Kirk. 

It seems like if this was the men's team there'd probably be an outrage that no one was lined up to replace Johnson. 

WIllie looks to have had a crunch talk with the organisation and it fell short of his estimations - hence he has decided to go elsewhere. I'm not sure if his contract was up or he just felt it was no use him continuing for another season. His departure leaves the club with some egg on their faces, but with the close season to sort it out. The website declared what the role is and what's expected. No mention of how much of B.S. funds are going to be put into it, but clearly not as much as the top runners in WSL1.

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

Don't see the point of Lansdown buying it and then not putting enough money in to make them competitive. The game is growing Man city / chelsea got money so city could be right up there with some investment.

Perhaps the main problem?

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

Couple of thousand like rovers

I think the average gate for the season just ended was under 1,000. That said, it was up on the previous in WSL2, but less than the 'glory days' under Mark Sampson/Dave Edmundson.

2 hours ago, Dylan said:

Don't see the point of Lansdown buying it and then not putting enough money in to make them competitive. The game is growing Man city / chelsea got money so city could be right up there with some investment.

I think you quoting Man City & Chelsea should answer your question with regard to competing! :facepalm:

18 minutes ago, Dylan said:

They're not getting paid millions mate. Some of the ladies playing for city aren't earning anything apparently. I've heard players at man city getting 70 grand a year and that's highest earners peanuts for Lansdown

Cor that sounds very sustainable :facepalm:

3 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

I know this might sound bad . But the majority of city suppporters don’t care about women’s football. It’s just not popular. 

You speak for yourself. It's regaining its popularity and is played in a manner that a lot of male players would do well to  note. If they are tackled they just get up and get on with it. No writhing on the ground waiting to see  what the ref Is waiting to do. 

8 hours ago, E.G.Red said:

You speak for yourself. It's regaining its popularity and is played in a manner that a lot of male players would do well to  note. If they are tackled they just get up and get on with it. No writhing on the ground waiting to see  what the ref Is waiting to do. 

Regaining its popularity. Ok . Each to their own 

10 hours ago, E.G.Red said:

….they don't go down too easily or cheaply then?

11 hours ago, Dylan said:

They're not getting paid millions mate. Some of the ladies playing for city aren't earning anything apparently. I've heard players at man city getting 70 grand a year and that's highest earners peanuts for Lansdown

WTF! How can anyone justify paying any women footballers 70 grand, with an average attendance of just under 2 grand for the top teams only,  that’s financial suicide and I’m glad we’re not doing the same. Equality = bankruptcy!

OK fair enough the attendance's aren't great ,however apparently most of the money is generated by TV rights which BT have at the moment. The game is growing and for them to go forward the manager would need investment. Willie kirk wasn't getting that so he's basically a sitting duck  , also players will be bound to leave if not getting paid. Basically the women's team are an amateur team under bristol city's name by the look of it and looks good for equality from the outside.

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

OK fair enough the attendance's aren't great ,however apparently most of the money is generated by TV rights which BT have at the moment. The game is growing and for them to go forward the manager would need investment. Willie kirk wasn't getting that so he's basically a sitting duck  , also players will be bound to leave if not getting paid. Basically the women's team are an amateur team under bristol city's name by the look of it and looks good for equality from the outside.

Or for like the men's , the feeder club for the bigger teams. 

Let's be brutally honest...women's football is shocking .

It's like womens boxing. You can shove Katie Taylor in everyone's faces as much as you want...but it will never be as good, or as popular...as the men's sport.

We live in a day and age where you can't say that though. If you do...your branded as 'sexist'.

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

Let's be brutally honest...women's football is shocking .

It's like womens boxing. You can shove Katie Taylor in everyone's faces as much as you want...but it will never be as good, or as popular...as the men's sport.

We live in a day and age where you can't say that though. If you do...your branded as 'sexist'.

It'll never be as popular or as good but I wouldn't say it is shocking at all. Skill levels have shot up over the past ten year - real problem is with the keepers.

It is a bit annoying how BBC put such a big emphasis on it though. 

I really enjoyed England cricket in the final last year so things are improving in women's sport in general. 

3 hours ago, EmissionImpossible said:

Some ignorant and offensive comments on this thread. As mentioned before maybe a sub section for Women’s football should be created so these type of replies can be minimised.

I can't see any?

3 hours ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

Women’s football is funny as ****, they should play a match on BGT there win it every time 

Do you play the game then? 

I did my level 1 with a couple of women professionals.  Much better than I thought they'd be.  

13 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Do you play the game then? 

I did my level 1 with a couple of women professionals.  Much better than I thought they'd be.  

I was surprised just how good some are. I've seen quite a few games now and there is some real quality. For me if there was an atmosphere a bit of edge like the men's it would be great but that will never happen. Men's football is tribal and that's what makes it what it is I think personally.         I've been to a few stinkers at the gate this season,  its not always great

Archived