IGNORED

England vs Nigeria

ZiderEyed

Just now, Forever Red 94 said:

Diving should be a sending off offence and a 3 game ban, if caught after the game it should be a 6 game ban as they have succeeded in conning the ref. Might stamp it out of the game that way

I thought if you didn't get caught in a game and it was seen after a game and you got found guilty of simulation, then you normally get a few games ban anyway ?

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

No he ain’t . Needs to be more composed in front of goal but he’s quality. Needs to cut out the diving though because with VAR  at the World Cup he’ll get pulled up for it. 

He’s had 2 or 3 good opportunities and wasted every one. I can’t think of anything positive about his performance today. Still time though.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Well we have our own collection in this side. Young and Ali two more

Mind you most sides at WC will have 6 or 7 that are far more proficient 

Didnt see the same outrage when Marlon bought one last season mind

I hate it when anyone does it, our player or not. To me it’s the absolute scourge of the game and IMO trying to deliberately defraud a fellow pro is inexcusable. 

1 minute ago, Forever Red 94 said:

Diving should be a sending off offence and a 3 game ban, if caught after the game it should be a 6 game ban as they have succeeded in conning the ref. Might stamp it out of the game that way

Absolutely. Been saying for years that you could stamp it out worldwide within 1 year if the powers that be actually gave a shit about it. 

Stupid stupid ***.

Hope he gets a bollocking in the post match interview off Southgate, absolutely pathetic.

Amount of kids diving about in the park, games or training, trying to emulate what their heroes do. It's a cancer.

Just now, 123red1 said:

I thought if you didn't get caught in a game and it was seen after a game and you got found guilty of simulation, then you normally get a few games ban anyway ?

That may well be the case but the only cases I can recall seeing that is in the Scottish league and the bailey wright incident which was the wrong call anyway

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

If English football really wanted to make a stand he would be dropped from the squad. Won`t happen though.

Fine the managers, it would soon be stamped out then. 

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

If English football really wanted to make a stand he would be dropped from the squad. Won`t happen though.

People already want him out for his tattoo!

3 minutes ago, Super said:

To do that in any game is bad but a bloody friendly is even more embarrassing.

He tried it against us in the cup too.

As if Man Citys mega millions squad needed to cheat to beat us!

Mind you Rashford or Martial (cant remember which) tried it too.

I hate diving as much as anyone but foreign players/fans see it as part of the game. Did anyone moan about Owen diving against the argies in 98 ? 

Obviously hypothetical but, Sterling is clean through in the World Cup final gets slightly nudged but makes the most of it and we get a penalty that wins the World Cup . How many of you lot moaning now would moan then. Oh none of you thought not. 

3 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

He’s had 2 or 3 good opportunities and wasted every one. I can’t think of anything positive about his performance today. Still time though.

Like I said he needs to get better or calmer in front of goal . He’s scored 20 odd goals for Man City this season but is definitely not a natural finisher . 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

I hate diving as much as anyone but foreign players/fans see it as part of the game. Did anyone moan about Owen diving against the argies in 98 ? 

Obviously hypothetical but, Sterling is clean through in the World Cup final gets slightly nudged but makes the most of it and we get a penalty that wins the World Cup . How many of you lot moaning now would moan then. Oh none of you though not. 

Ok you win. In that scenario Sterling diving is acceptable but in every other situation, we condemn it

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

He tried it against us in the cup too.

As if Man Citys mega millions squad needed to cheat to beat us!

Mind you Rashford or Martial (cant remember which) tried it too.

And Pogba for their goal. Was never a free kick. 

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Obviously hypothetical but, Sterling is clean through in the World Cup final gets slightly nudged but makes the most of it and we get a penalty that wins the World Cup . How many of you lot moaning now would moan then. Oh none of you thought not. 

I’d celebrate winning the World Cup - I’m only human - but I wouldn’t feel good about the fact that we had to cheat to do it. 

10 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

But he didn’t even get nudged!  It was diabolical.

31 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I suppose it depends on the individual... I genuinely detest it and if we won the World Cup by diving I'd see it as a tainted cup. I think the FA should fine players a minimum of 2 weeks wages if they're caught diving, not just in the game but in footage after it too.

12 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I would hate to disappoint the boo boys, here is my view we will struggle to get beyond the group stage.

I know it's fashionable to slag off England but I'd honestly be amazed if we didn't finish above Panama and Tunisia.

2 hours ago, Taz said:

Didnt realise we were playing :blink:

I didn't know there was an England game either, which is probably the first time that has happened to me in about 40 years or something. Says a lot about the current mood surrounding the game.

Instead I watched until close of play in the test match and then watched the second half of the football on ITV +1. Wish I hadn't bothered with the football but glad to have seen the cricket through to the close. A sentence I never thought I'd say! 

Archived