IGNORED

Jon Lansdown

Bristols finest

36 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

If you need it explained you are a million miles away from me

It is the modern way of the less educated

He asking where the kit is?

I don’t get it.

I am critical of most thing they do I just don’t know what you are all moaning about with this 

3 hours ago, Loon plage said:

To be fair and I know he can speak for himself but I think his issue is the increasing detatchment of the club from the long term fans. Whether right or wrong I do have some sympathy with that view but I dont bang on about it.

Personally I think a growing detachment of the long term fans from reality is also to blame.

Times have changed. So has Ashton Gate and if left to SL the area and town will change too. It’s about finance more than ever! If we the supporters want success we have to pay a bigger portion of our income toward it! 

11 hours ago, City Rocker said:

No I totally agree mate. Social media in general is a bit of a cringe fest, but those egocentric attention seekers who like to 'engage' with celebs and the powerful make for deeply uncomfortable reading.

I've largely disengaged from social media, save for twitter being the first place our team sheet is announced pre-match. 

OTIB , anti social media .

So have I got this right ?

OTIB posters say never believe the E/Post.

OTIB posters make jokes about E/Post stories

E/Post headline that new kit details will be released the next day according to their reporter who is in Italy on his Honeymoon.

Story is wrong but club is blamed for PR mess-up.

Jon Lansdown makes joke about it.

Hence Jon Lansdown is a **** ?

14 hours ago, Bristols finest said:

Has anyone seen Jon’s twitter activity today? Actively winding fans up and when I called him on he retweeted it and then deleted it!? Think he’s been very unprofessional and just goes to show the gap that’s rising between the club and fans.

I’m trying to add a picture to show what he retweeted but won’t let me upload a photo!? 

Be usefully if you could upload the photo of the deleted tweet as this thread is getting a bit silly now.

It seems a trend for a fair few to bash Jon Lansdown and call him obscene names whenever the chance arises.

On some level, could it be jealousy?  One day, perhaps he will inherit the keys to the City Kingdom, does this make him a target for abuse?

10 hours ago, Loon plage said:

Wtf with respect does that have to do with Jon Lansdown ? His qualufication is pops patronage

9 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

To be fair, it's the power mad pricks dad's doing that. 

Whats JL brought to the club?

As I understand it, and it might be wrong, but JL was the City fan and got his Dad interested originally. As has been said on here many times , Dads focus was the Rugby club. Whether Steve would still have had his vision of the Bristol Sport  umbrella company is anyone’s guess. 

Now, what qualities Jon brings to the party is anyone’s guess, I can’t find his qualifications online. I would think, although he may have some input, he is just his Dads eyes and ears in the boardroom.

as for the tweets, just looked. Can’t see much that offends me.

Connecting with fans using a bit of comedy... What’s the problem?? Personally I find it difficult to find flaws in the Landsdowns in general because they have given us a chance of getting premier league football which in the last 25 years has only been a distant/imposible dream,Lighten up those who are offended by an innocent tweet.

9 hours ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Couldn't care less about what JL is doing or saying on Twitter.

JL and MA are massive ********* and I can't stand either of them.

Edit: the blanked out word rhymes with lickheads.

Kickheads …  too bad they weren't around when the East End was at it's best then, they'd have loved it.

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

.......and OTIB, of course!

Well quite. The last bastion of stirring yet civilised, informed, balanced and rational debate is right here.

What's not to like? And if you don't like it you must be a ******* gashead ***. FACT. End of.

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I am very confused by all of this. Can someone tell me exactly what Jon Lansdown has done to be called a **** by so many on here? I haven't seen one thing he has done wrong, but then I have never read his Twitter. 

Probably because he was lucky enough to have been born with a silver spoon in his mouth.. occasionally he likes to give it a little stir for a laugh... and the wooden spooners eagerly react by stirring shit.

I'm sure if any of us were blessed with silver spoons we'd use them mischievously from time to time just to show we're normal'ish' and sometimes don't give a stuff..  

He's in a similar position to what LJ was in when playing for his dad Gary, easy target and in some peoples green eyes can't to a thing right.

I, like most on here, have no idea of JL's qualities, personal or professionally, he's where he is because of who he is for sure, but is that enough reason to dislike the bloke with so much vitriol ? 

One thing we know for sure is at heart, from a young age, just like the rest of us - He's a genuine City supporter, so my guess is he has a hard nosed business head on his shoulders that might wind a few of us up, but he also still wears his City shit-head with pride and wants the best for club and team, just like us.  Must be a fine line for him to walk at times, and quite a difficult one.

At least City in 'in the blood' which is better than being run as some mega rich foreigners play thing... no matter what, better the devil we know. 

Twitter comments? so what?  give the bloke a bit of slack I reckon, until he does something seriously bad...which hopefully will occur rarely or not at all. 

I do find it rather amusing that some on here rip every aspect of the club, from board through manager/head coach to individual players, to shreds. They state their opinions as fact because they are fans not suits or happy clappers and anyone who disagrees should F off to whorefield and support the gas.

What seems to be forgotten is before becoming boardroom "suits" they were paying fans and , to the best of my knowledge, still are fans. But they (that is Steve Lansdown ) have have paid a huge amount of cash to enable them to run the club as they see fit. They are not perfect but on the other hand they could be like the Oystons at Blackpool, then we would have cause for concern. I don't really understand the criticism leveled at Jon Lansdown. Is it because he's been "given" his position with both  the City and Bristol Sport?

As an aside, I knew and was privileged to call Harry Dolman's son Ron a friend. As much as I like Ron I have to say I'd prefer JL being connected with the club than him. Regardless of what we think of the Lansdown family (and I am a fan of what they've done at City) there is very little we can do to change things. The one thing I think would get the fans views listen to is if we only moan about serious issues. Moan about very little thing perceived to be wrong and the serious issues will be missed,

5 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

As I understand it, and it might be wrong, but JL was the City fan and got his Dad interested originally. As has been said on here many times , Dads focus was the Rugby club. Whether Steve would still have had his vision of the Bristol Sport  umbrella company is anyone’s guess. 

Now, what qualities Jon brings to the party is anyone’s guess, I can’t find his qualifications online. I would think, although he may have some input, he is just his Dads eyes and ears in the boardroom.

as for the tweets, just looked. Can’t see much that offends me.

Yeah all a bit sad really. Just words on a screen.

As mentioned in one of my earlier threads, my dislike of JL has absolutely nothing to do with his Twitter or this kit situation but more related to how the club is now being run.

The way the club have shafted the fans recently and the lack of respect shown by those in charge since has been nothing short of disgraceful. 

Everybody is entitled to their own opinions I guess.

Archived