IGNORED

Jon Lansdown

Bristols finest

Talk about the old storm in a tea cup...hang on here.

Call me old fashioned, I know trial by Twitter is all the rage these days - ironic @Ivorguy professes to hate these modern things, yet has fallen into the classic modern internet trap. Guilty until proven innocent.

Where is the evidence? What is the tweet we are objecting too?! Has everyone or anyone actually seen it?!

Because all I can see is one person saying they didn’t like a tweet that they can’t show us to back their claim up and one tweet with some very harmless banter.....

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

.....and OTIB.....like one of those vegetarians who eats fish and chicken....

I think you'll find this is more of an exclusive members club, OTIB, not part of the frightful social media at all. I'll have the steak please, medium rare. 

5 hours ago, Alessandro said:

Talk about the old storm in a tea cup...hang on here.

Call me old fashioned, I know trial by Twitter is all the rage these days - ironic @Ivorguy professes to hate these modern things, yet has fallen into the classic modern internet trap. Guilty until proven innocent.

Where is the evidence? What is the tweet we are objecting too?! Has everyone or anyone actually seen it?!

Because all I can see is one person saying they didn’t like a tweet that they can’t show us to back their claim up and one tweet with some very harmless banter.....

Sorry, old chap, you missed my point.  It is not what was tweeted but the fact that he is tweeting at all in his role as Chair that I believe is inappropriate

I am pleased if he wishes to engage with fans but there is a correct way of doing it, e.g. a fan on The Board, public meetings on a regular basis in Bristol. London, Manchester, Birmingham,  less condescending  Press releases, a degree of transparency (e.g. EvenPublished agenda/minutes of Board meetings or at least informative Press Releases), and the use of the club's own Twitter.

I shan't be holding my breath.  

I think he hasn’t tweeted’ that much wrong in this instance, but he has a few times in the past (the England flag thing for example) where he was either being deliberately provocative or just horribly misread the mood..

I think though that he seems to be one of those unlucky people who has the unfortunate talent of rubbing people up the wrong way. 

9 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I don't get how the fans have been treated badly. And even if you think we have been, then what has that got to do with Lansdown's harmless tweets. 

I can't go on making the same points. As you say you don't get it

We will just have to agree to disagree

27 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think he hasn’t tweeted’ that much wrong in this instance, but he has a few times in the past (the England flag thing for example) where he was either being deliberately provocative or just horribly misread the mood..

I think though that he seems to be one of those unlucky people who has the unfortunate talent of rubbing people up the wrong way. 

I think his tweets in the past have been deliberately provocative as opposed to misread. I think he's just one of those people that doesn't take criticism well. 

Interestingly, the Bristol Rugby Club twitter account has been winding up a fair few of its fans of late. Any replies it receives that are critical of the name Bristol Bears tend to get some unfunny meme/gif in response.

So it seems there is a culture of this sort of thing across Bristol Sport. Personally, think it's pretty petty and don't know of many other companies/organisations that would get away with treating its 'customers' with such contempt. 

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I think his tweets in the past have been deliberately provocative as opposed to misread. I think he's just one of those people that doesn't take criticism well. 

Interestingly, the Bristol Rugby Club twitter account has been winding up a fair few of its fans of late. Any replies it receives that are critical of the name Bristol Bears tend to get some unfunny meme/gif in response.

So it seems there is a culture of this sort of thing across Bristol Sport. Personally, think it's pretty petty and don't know of many other companies/organisations that would get away with treating its 'customers' with such contempt. 

I’ve noticed the Bears thing. Forum favourite Downsy has been joining in with that too which is irritating. He’s another one who replies to any sort of critique he gets - jokey or not. We seem to employ lots of these types.

I was giving JL the benefit of the doubt but I know that England tweet was designed to be provocative.. was such a weird thing to do.

On 02/06/2018 at 17:53, BCFC Grim said:

On another note. I really fail to see the attraction of tweeting players, celebrities or anyone you don't know. Seems a bit sad  but hey by the looks of it I'm in the minority.

The same could be said for any activity on social media, including this forum if that’s your way of looking at our modern world. Like you and I putting our thoughts out there or replying to each other’s comments. Don’t take offence, just saying.

Looking through his notifications at all the 'announce new kit' tweets and adding up the £49.99's in his head. No wonder he was in a good mood!

Our chairman is not the one with a Twitter problem. The grown men begging him for the kit to be released, or such and such a player to be signed are the problem.

7 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

I am pleased if he wishes to engage with fans but there is a correct way of doing it, e.g. a fan on The Board, public meetings on a regular basis in Bristol. London, Manchester, Birmingham,  less condescending  Press releases, a degree of transparency (e.g. EvenPublished agenda/minutes of Board meetings or at least informative Press Releases), and the use of the club's own Twitter.

Public meetings outside of Bristol? What would be the point? So even less can turn up than the ones held at the Gate?!? 

It seems you want the moon on a stick and then some.

4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I’ve noticed the Bears thing. Forum favourite Downsy has been joining in with that too which is irritating. He’s another one who replies to any sort of critique he gets - jokey or not. We seem to employ lots of these types.

I was giving JL the benefit of the doubt but I know that England tweet was designed to be provocative.. was such a weird thing to do.

He replied to a comment I made about the new Bristol training kit being called ‘stash’ by their media team saying that it was part of the ‘4 pillars of rugby - stash, lash, cash and you can work the last one out’. Now I may be getting a bit prudish but with a young daughter I thought it was really unfunny and bordering on out of order. Sexist as well and maybe not the message that  BS would be looking to portray. Also having played rugby I didn’t recognise the 4 pillars! 

31 minutes ago, lenred said:

He replied to a comment I made about the new Bristol training kit being called ‘stash’ by their media team saying that it was part of the ‘4 pillars of rugby - stash, lash, cash and you can work the last one out’. Now I may be getting a bit prudish but with a young daughter I thought it was really unfunny and bordering on out of order. Sexist as well and maybe not the message that  BS would be looking to portray. Also having played rugby I didn’t recognise the 4 pillars! 

Tash surely ?

Movember very big thing in rugby circles..

Just now, Loon plage said:

Tash surely ?

Movember very big thing in rugby circles..

Pretty sure it wasn’t LP.......he wouldn’t have left it blank with some laughing and embarrassed emojis if it was Tache and also someone else said what it was on the thread. No massive deal but was just backing up the thread comment about the media team. 

27 minutes ago, lenred said:

Has he deleted this? He told someone else's young daughter they're only at the football to stare at the players legs so nothing should come as a shock with that bloke. In my opinion he gets away with all this because he's a dream Bristol Sport employee and a self proclaimed "gay bear". For me though that makes his comment even worse, that he's potentially pushing his own sexual desires onto a young girl to embarrass her infront of 20,000 people, but there we go. The powers that be don't seem to mind.

2 hours ago, Icelandic Clap said:

Public meetings outside of Bristol? What would be the point? So even less can turn up than the ones held at the Gate?!? 

It seems you want the moon on a stick and then some.

Not all of us live in Bristol

There are thousands of City fans around the country

Also note my comment gave examples only of what could be done, rather than engaging in inappropriate tweeting for a chairman of a multimillion pound company

In my opinion he just needs to grow up 

1 hour ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Has he deleted this? He told someone else's young daughter they're only at the football to stare at the players legs so nothing should come as a shock with that bloke. In my opinion he gets away with all this because he's a dream Bristol Sport employee and a self proclaimed "gay bear". For me though that makes his comment even worse, that he's potentially pushing his own sexual desires onto a young girl to embarrass her infront of 20,000 people, but there we go. The powers that be don't seem to mind.

It is pretty strange for a club that seems to care so much about attracting new 'customers'! 

1 hour ago, lenred said:

Pretty sure it wasn’t LP.......he wouldn’t have left it blank with some laughing and embarrassed emojis if it was Tache and also someone else said what it was on the thread. No massive deal but was just backing up the thread comment about the media team. 

Fair play Len. Absolute belters putting out stuff like that.

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

Not all of us live in Bristol

There are thousands of City fans around the country

Also note my comment gave examples only of what could be done, rather than engaging in inappropriate tweeting for a chairman of a multimillion pound company

In my opinion he just needs to grow up 

Are there really thousands around the country? Can you back that up? The likes of Manchester United have the supporter base to justify taking their AGMs etc around the country but we do not. What if the club held one up north and hardly anyone showed up? 

It's one tweet, let it go. If he was posting bland 'corporate speak' you'd be jumping down his throat claiming he was just a 'faceless suit' no doubt.

1 minute ago, Icelandic Clap said:

Are there really thousands around the country? Can you back that up? The likes of Manchester United have the supporter base to justify taking their AGMs etc around the country but we do not. What if the club held one up north and hardly anyone showed up? 

It's one tweet, let it go. If he was posting bland 'corporate speak' you'd be jumping down his throat claiming he was just a 'faceless suit' no doubt.

Yeah I don't think countrywide AGMs are a good idea particularly, but it would be great to find a way to involve more fans in initiatives - things like FAN or any similar meetings.

I suggested doing some sort of live stream where fans can watch, maybe some pre-approved emailed in questions with some room for following up.

Live streaming is so easy to do now and would make things very transparent.

Wasn't feasible, apparently, when I suggested it before. 

10 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yeah I don't think countrywide AGMs are a good idea particularly, but it would be great to find a way to involve more fans in initiatives - things like FAN or any similar meetings.

I suggested doing some sort of live stream where fans can watch, maybe some pre-approved emailed in questions with some room for following up.

Live streaming is so easy to do now and would make things very transparent.

Wasn't feasible, apparently, when I suggested it before. 

Now that's a sensible solution, very surprised the club didn't take that one up. Poor from them in that case. 

4 minutes ago, Icelandic Clap said:

Now that's a sensible solution, very surprised the club didn't take that one up. Poor from them in that case. 

I think it was some issues with microphones which I can understand.. but it's surely solvable. Would be very innovative from them and would make any future meetings far more inclusive.

Hope they can do it in the future.

38 minutes ago, Icelandic Clap said:

The OP was about a Tweet but I can assure you there is a lot of dislike out there for Jon boy.

Archived