IGNORED

Nigel Martin on 'A View From The Boundary' (Oh, do stop it, Aggers)

Jack Dawe

A bloke in a carpet shop down St. Blazey "knew the tea lady at Bristol Rovers." So there we have it: the tea lady is central to success/failure at every club, and the old bints deserve both barrells and should take a long, hard look at herself in the mirror  (once she's cleaned it) when recruitment is shambolic and we go on long, winless runs. 

Gerry Francis paid him "£10 a week more than I was getting at St. Blazey."

Incidentally, Nige said he prefers cricket to football. 

6 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

Ohhhh Nigel Martyn. I see

Never mind that, 'mish, what about our tea lady? Who/how many blokes does she know? How many class keepers has she brought in? This is what you should be concerning yerself with. Tch!

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Isn't the term ' tea lady ' a bit derogatory in this day and age ?

Surely it should be beverage lady .

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

Can't believe you lot. We need to really modernise the term Tea Lady. It should be Unspecified Hot or Cold Beverage Person of Unnamed Gender.

Whilst I admire your intentions @ZiderEyed, I feel that saying that someone might be “hot or cold” has certain implications that might be interpreted in the wrong way. 

PS - please can the football season start soon, then we can get back to the usual “Johnson out” / “Johnson is a genius” posts 

7 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Whilst I admire your intentions @ZiderEyed, I feel that saying that someone might be “hot or cold” has certain implications that might be interpreted in the wrong way. 

PS - please can the football season start soon, then we can get back to the usual “Johnson out” / “Johnson is a genius” posts 

You virtue-signaller you.

2 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

A bloke in a carpet shop down St. Blazey "knew the tea lady at Bristol Rovers." So there we have it: the tea lady is central to success/failure at every club, and the old bints deserve both barrells and should take a long, hard look at herself in the mirror  (once she's cleaned it) when recruitment is shambolic and we go on long, winless runs. 

Gerry Francis paid him "£10 a week more than I was getting at St. Blazey."

Incidentally, Nige said he prefers cricket to football. 

It was probably out of Gerry’s own pocket.  Didn’t he give Rovers £10k of his own money to buy Billy Clark from Bournemouth.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

It was probably out of Gerry’s own pocket.  Didn’t he give Rovers £10k of his own money to buy Billy Clark from Bournemouth.

I’m sure he did. He also had a clause in his contract that gave home a percentage of every transfer fee Rovers received. He was obviously a shrewd businessman  

Archived