IGNORED

2018 World Cup

daored

Really looking forward to the World Cup , although not so much today’s game 

I don’t think there is a stand out team in this year’s World Cup - although suspect Germany or Brazil to win

Top goal scorer - Werner  Germany 

England will made Quarter Finals 

Surprise package Spain in a negative way. 

14 minutes ago, Super said:

I See todays game is the 2 lowest ranked teams? I didn't know Russia were that bad.

Just popped in to BetFred to whack £20 on Brazil to win at 9/2 and today's opener between Russia and Tunisia is 7/1 on a goalless draw........Im very tempted.......especially they're both low ranked and neither team will want to lose........

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Just popped in to BetFred to whack £20 on Brazil to win at 9/2 and today's opener between Russia and Tunisia is 7/1 on a goalless draw........Im very tempted.......especially they're both low ranked and neither team will want to lose........

You mean Saudi Arabia.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Betting on a 0-0 draw between Russia and Tunisia would be a bold move...

They're in separate groups.

23 minutes ago, Super said:

I See todays game is the 2 lowest ranked teams? I didn't know Russia were that bad.

In truth, they probably aren't.

There are many reasons why the ranking system is pretty flawed. Host nations lack of competitive games in the build up often means they fall down the rankings somewhat. Brazil were 22nd in the rankings a year before their world cup.

Russia have however, not won a game since October.

They've had very competitive friendly fixtures, playing Argentina, Spain, Brazil and France. They also failed to beat Turkey, Austria and Iran in that time too though.

Russia are pretty bad, but they're not quite as bad as the ranking would suggest.

10 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

In truth, they probably aren't.

There are many reasons why the ranking system is pretty flawed. Host nations lack of competitive games in the build up often means they fall down the rankings somewhat. Brazil were 22nd in the rankings a year before their world cup.

Russia have however, not won a game since October.

They've had very competitive friendly fixtures, playing Argentina, Spain, Brazil and France. They also failed to beat Turkey, Austria and Iran in that time too though.

Russia are pretty bad, but they're not quite as bad as the ranking would suggest.

They do have a decent group, Uruguay should win it but they can certainly finish 2nd. 

On 05/06/2018 at 10:33, Super said:

The draw with Algeria was worse I reckon.

Actually that worked out rather well for me and my football team mates!!!  The County Ground had a promotion on in their 'Winners Lounge' (I wind my Swindon mates up calling it the 'Losers Lounge') and it was £1 a pint until the first goal - happy days - I was wrecked on a tenner!!!!!

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The real tournament opener is tomorrow at 7pm Portugal v Spain, looking forward to that one.

First 3 games look crap on paper.

I actually reckon Uruguay - Egypt could be a cracker.  (Anyone and everyone is welcome to quote me on this at 3pm tomorrow after the drabbest 0-0 n footballing history).

19 minutes ago, hodge said:

I could go for a 4-3 Saudi win, as long as Dzagoev gets 3 for fantasy points ;)

I got Akinfeev in goal so I'm not having that!

(Could aways sub him out for Pickford though)

Hmm, I swapped it so Akinfeev was in goal this morning but its still showing Pickford in.

You can have your 4-3

Archived