IGNORED

2018 World Cup

daored

2 minutes ago, The Bard said:

They've got those 2 up top and the the Athletico Madrid centre Halves.  Tabarez the manager is a wily old fox who misses nothing,  Always really competitive and excellent competitors....  

A couple of people more well-versed in betting than I am have suggested I get on them.

41 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I must admit I`ve been keeping an eye on Uruguay, I think they could do very well. Of the `almost` sides they seem to be best placed.

I think they could be a surprise package.

Wouldnt be shocked to see them in the Quarter Finals.

15 hours ago, The Bard said:

Going to lump on both Cavani and Suarez for top scorer.  They'll carve the Saudis to pieces based on that.  Russia weren't that good.  

Their goals were top class.

The Russians looked like City , even Djuric got in the scoresheet however the Saudis played like we did in the last part of the season just gone .

We need to change that !

36 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

So many empty seats!

Sad to see, there's so many countries that could sell out every game.

As we all know getting the world cup (in the past at least) is less about filling stadia and allegedly more about lining pockets.

I expect we will see this scene of half empty stadia repeated often - As you say sad to see

This tournament should be one for fans, but awarding it to countries like the this one and the next is likely to put people off.

Just now, Port Said Red said:

Ah the joys of Fantasy Football :). 

Just turned the game on to see the pundits raving about Godin.

Checked the app and he's worth 1 point so far :gaah:

A Uruguay clean sheet will do for me.

A Bentancur goal would be ideal, but with 2 career goals (one an u20s game) that might be wishful thinking.

Archived