IGNORED

2018 World Cup

daored

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

They are both brazilians so let them get on with it 

To me it looked like there was contact .....

...... just a fraction of a second before the invisible stadium sniper shot pepe in the face

7 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

They are both brazilians so let them get on with it 

Pepe, Costa, Ramos, Ronaldo. The shithousery meter is off the scale tonight 

8 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Pepe totally over-reacted and they don`t want players thinking goals can be ruled out if they pretend to be injured.

He did over react but he was still fouled! 9/10 times you’d see that chalked off before it even went to review so amazed it passed. Quality goal though. 

Can somebody please explain VAR to me?

VAR working exactly as it should thus far. Costa may have committed a foul but if it’s not a 100% clear that that’s the case then leave it as it is.

Surely in the cases where there is doubt, the referee should refer to VAR, and when it's clear, the referee's in a position to make the call?

2 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

VAR working exactly as it should thus far. Costa may have committed a foul but if it’s not a 100% clear that that’s the case then leave it as it is.

Surely in the cases where there is doubt, the referee should refer to VAR, and when it's clear, the referee's in a position to make the call?

Isn't this always the case, if you are or were a forward, another forward can do no wrong? 

ffS!

9 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Jesus even frankie would of saved that...maybe

...but he would have then kicked it straight into touch.

28 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

I think in the case of potential fouls the point is to make sure there’s nothing obvious the ref didn’t see (ie a clear foul that the ref missed because his view was blocked or something off the ball or behind the play he missed). In the case of marginal things where you could argue either way the refs original decision will stand. 

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

I think in the case of potential fouls the point is to make sure there’s nothing obvious the ref didn’t see (ie a clear foul that the ref missed because his view was blocked or something off the ball or behind the play he missed). In the case of marginal things where you could argue either way the refs original decision will stand. 

A bit like umpire`s call then?

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Apprieciate that response mate.

In terms of the first Spain goal, you would surely chalk it off with Costa using his elbow as leverage. Can only assume ref didn't see it. Surely that's when you refer to VAR.

How do you know if it's a clear foul or not without referring to VAR if you missed it?

Archived