IGNORED

2018 World Cup

daored

1 minute ago, Rich_s said:

Ref doesn’t have a clue. Just gave Australia a penalty on the basis Australia appealed. Get in. Really hope Australia beat France. French team always so far at their own arses.

Agreed. I saw the handball straight away in real time but the ref had to wait for the appeal before he gave it. At least it was a penalty this time I suppose.

6 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Or the fact it was stonewall perhaps. 

Agreed it was but the ref gave it after the reaction of the Australian players, not because it was stonewall. Way too much delay in his decision unless he’s informed it was a penalty via VAR

4 minutes ago, Rich_s said:

Agreed it was but the ref gave it after the reaction of the Australian players, not because it was stonewall. Way too much delay in his decision unless he’s informed it was a penalty via VAR

Or he was just thinking, as most refs take time to do. 

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

It's amazing that mark lawrenson still does his job. Moans throughout the whole of every game.

The most dour, dismal, uninspiring commentator around, about time he was retired, bizarre that he keeps getting paid to do what he does. 

4 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Or he was just thinking, as most refs take time to do. 

FFS. Seriously. It was stonewall. The players knew it immediately as probably did most of the non French viewing public but the ref needed more time than anyone to consider it. If that’s the case then he not up to international standard. He’s there to make decisions not ponder the meaning of life.

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

It's amazing that mark lawrenson still does his job. Moans throughout the whole of every game.

We all have our preferences. I’ve always liked the bloke actually. He calls a spade a spade, deplores the play-acting, diving and other BS that contaminates the game and doesn’t hold back in saying so. If that constitutes “moaning” then I hope he keeps doing it. He was also, for what it’s worth, one of the finest defenders of his era, knows the game inside out and is an astute summariser. I don’t get why there is so much antipathy towards him, but each to their own.

8 minutes ago, Rich_s said:

FFS. Seriously. It was stonewall. The players knew it immediately as probably did most of the non French viewing public but the ref needed more time than anyone to consider it. If that’s the case then he not up to international standard. He’s there to make decisions not ponder the meaning of life.

Would you not think about awarding a penalty reffing your first game at a World Cup finals?

25 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Nearly turning the sound off 'cos of him

Although he is clearly an expert, pointing out that with a few minutes to go and as they are winning, France only need to keep hold of the ball now, they don't need to score another. You can't provide insights like that without so much experience of the game.

Also annoyed me far more than it should that rather than saying it looks like the ball crossed the line, he says "it was definitely legal in terms of that particular department". He should have a chat with Mr Ashton.

Archived