IGNORED

2018 World Cup

daored

43 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Fair enough. Certainly agree to disagree on that one. Even worse on radio though. I had to stop listening to radio 5 games years ago because him and Alan Green would moan for 90 minutes, which is even less pleasant when you can't even see what is happening. I always thought he was ok all those years ago on West Match, but seems to have got more and more fed up over the years for whatever reason. 

Absolutely. "One man's meat..." and all that. He obviously gets under a lot of people's skin. I would concede that he has become a bit more world weary and cynical as time's gone by, but then I see that as a fairly accurate reflection of the state of the game he's paid to comment on. Maybe it's a just case of one grumpy old man having a certain amount of sympathy with another...   

1 hour ago, Izza said:

Aussie defender touched ball before contact no penalty. VAR is a shambles

Clearly not a penalty. Nothing wrong with VAR, just the way it's being used. Should not be the referee's decision to make pitch-side, should be taken upstairs to adjudicators as happens in other sports.

8 minutes ago, Midred said:

Random question! How many times have father and son played in goal for their country? Obviously not at the same time! 

There was David James.  And that Son of a Bitch David James when he joined us... ;)

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

What a cracking bit of sportsmanship from the Peruvian defender. Fouled the Danish player, and said sorry to the ref, sorry to the Danish player and then picked up the pencil that the ref dropped!

Is the bloke who had his ban suspended for cocaine abuse playing?

9 hours ago, The Bard said:

What has he won?  Answer is virtually nothing.  When Manure won the FA Cup and Europa League the season before this, who was the keeper??? Answer is a proven international keeper..

The current Spain side is miles better than Manure.  Sign of a great keeper is the total lack of costly errors and the ability to pull off a great save when they've had nothing to do all game.   Do it at the top level and then be seen as a great.  

Yeah, true.

Argentina’s never won the World Cup so Messi must be shite too. Missed another penalty as well! Needs to cut out the costly errors before he can be considered any good.

19 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Yeah, true.

Argentina’s never won the World Cup so Messi must be shite too. Missed another penalty as well! Needs to cut out the costly errors before he can be considered any good.

Never won the Euros or ACoN either.

Bunch of overrated wasters if you ask me.

Archived