IGNORED

2018 World Cup

daored

Loved that.

Part of the fun I always find is looking at what might happen.

If Brazil win their group and Germany finish second, they will meet in the last 16. We would have a much more 'open' run by finishing second in our group.

Gazillions of unknowns in that of course, but Brazil v Germany in last 16 would be fine by me.

49 minutes ago, Reigate Red said:

Liked the ref physically pushing away the German player who was trying to intimidate him. 

Thought the ref had a good game. He let the game flow unlike other foreign referees.

Why I don’t bother watching La Liga, the games are too slow and that’s partly down to the referee.

Fair play Mexico! :clap:

I wouldn't fancy being Swedish now as Germany will be a tad fired up for their next game.

Doesn't the England group tie up with the German group in the first knockout round? Imagine winning our group then having to face Germany? :facepalm:

4 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I wouldn't fancy being Swedish now as Germany will be a tad fired up for their next game.

Doesn't the England group tie up with the German group in the first knockout round? Imagine winning our group then having to face Germany? :facepalm:

if they played anything like they just have we would have no trouble beating them, a big IF though.

5 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Could face them in the quarters but not before. Will be Colombia, Poland or Senegal in the last 16. 

7 minutes ago, lenred said:

Could face them in the quarters but not before. Will be Colombia, Poland or Senegal in the last 16. 

Or Japan...

If Germany don't win their group, we would likely be far better off not winning ours the way the draw looks.

13 minutes ago, pillred said:

if they played anything like they just have we would have no trouble beating them, a big IF though.

They were poor weren't they? FWIW, I wouldn't fear them playing like that but this is Germany, surely they won't be that bad again.

4 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

If Germany don't win their group, we would likely be far better off not winning ours the way the draw looks.

That's how I see it Coxy.

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Knowing our luck, we would probably win that one! :facepalm: Let's get past Tunisia and Panama first eh! 

Think we're in with a shout of playing Brazil if we come second if they win their group. I'd rather play Germany or Mexico! 

Met some gorgeous Brazilian girls in Tallinn Old Town today from a cruise ship.  They were wearing there national shirts,  told them Germany would win the cup, they just said "we have five stars"  They were certainly five star. shame the wife was with me.  Anyway don't discount Germany, they will improve and soon.

26 minutes ago, lenred said:

Think we're in with a shout of playing Brazil if we come second if they win their group. I'd rather play Germany or Mexico! 

If we win our group and progressed, we could face the winner of Germany v Brazil in the QF. Hence why some are saying it looks better to finish second. 

12 minutes ago, cityexile said:

If we win our group and progressed, we could face the winner of Germany v Brazil in the QF. Hence why some are saying it looks better to finish second. 

Thanks, didn't twig that they were possibly playing each other in the 2nd round, but with Mexico winning that is of course now a possibility. That's crazy. What a game that would be! 

Archived