IGNORED

2018 World Cup

daored

2 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Corrrct decision but got to feel sorry for Iran. 

Score celebrate think they’ve equalised only to find 2 mins later was offside.

That’s why I’m not sure about VAR takes all the joy out of scoring a goal.

In fairness lino had his flag up anyway so without VAR still would have been offside.

3 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

I thought linesman didn’t flag according to commentator. 

He said if they aren’t sure not to flag and leave it to VAR.  But maybe wrong 

He def put his flag up

5 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Yeah cos Spanish players have never cheated have they :facepalm:

Hardly the point though is it...

At least Spain can back up their cheating by playing the best football out of any nation, Iran just put 10 men behind the ball (which I can't blame for doing) but from kick off proceeded to time waste and feign injury, ruined the game and meant that myself, amongst others, who would have wanted them to win, didn't.

Spanish players have been known to feign injury and it isn't nice, but that doesn't mean it's fine for others to do it

11 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Hardly the point though is it...

At least Spain can back up their cheating by playing the best football out of any nation, Iran just put 10 men behind the ball (which I can't blame for doing) but from kick off proceeded to time waste and feign injury, ruined the game and meant that myself, amongst others, who would have wanted them to win, didn't.

Spanish players have been known to feign injury and it isn't nice, but that doesn't mean it's fine for others to do it

:laugh: so being good at football allows you to cheat? Right

10 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

:laugh: so being good at football allows you to cheat? Right

Never said that did I... 

What I said was that even though they do cheat, at least they still play football. Iran last night rarely tried to play football and that's what irritates people

1 minute ago, hodge said:

VAR VAR VAR! Harsh with the yellow though I think

Thing with VAR everything is slow motion and done by the letter of the law, very little common sense seems to be applied. I remember the Liverpool pen that was awarded.
I think the Pen was harsh and the card ridiculous.

I understand that VAR is still a work in progress, but that decision will give the detractors the impression that it will allow more people to give a wrong 'un. As is the usual case, trying to resolve an incident as a matter of opinion is difficult, if not impossible, to achieve every time.

8 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Thing with VAR everything is slow motion and done by the letter of the law, very little common sense seems to be applied. I remember the Liverpool pen that was awarded.
I think the Pen was harsh and the card ridiculous.

And.....the two incidents involving Kane being wrestled to the ground by the same defender goes unpenalised.........:disapointed2se:

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

And.....the two incidents involving Kane being wrestled to the ground by the same defender goes unpenalised.........:disapointed2se:

I saw somewhere it said that one was ignored because Stones committed a foul at the same time, went back and looked and there was a push. Not sure the excuse for the other one mind.

18 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

I understand that VAR is still a work in progress, but that decision will give the detractors the impression that it will allow more people to give a wrong 'un. As is the usual case, trying to resolve an incident as a matter of opinion is difficult, if not impossible, to achieve every time.

One thing that I have changed my mind on, and I'm still not convinced with VAR. The linesmen have been told not to worry about tight offsides, now at first I thought this was stupid but. I guess it allows the play to carry on and if a goal is scored then check, rather than stopping a close offside which may be proved wrong after. But I'm still not sure about Pens like the last one.

Just now, Erithacus said:

Like American Football - offsetting penalties? Replay the down...

Once more in English :blink:

Archived