IGNORED

2018 World Cup

daored

We potentially have an excellent route IF we finish 2nd in our group, providing Germany finish second and Brazil win their group, most the tough sides are on the other side of the draw until the semi finals. So we'd probably lose in the last 16 to Japan....

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

No, Ronaldo has the ability to take a game by the scruff of the neck and carry his team mates, Messi doesn’t.

This to me is one of the reasons I side with Ronaldo in this debate. Clearly no question Messi would get into City's line up, but Ronaldo seems to be utterly driven. That said, I rate Maradona over everyone else.

1 hour ago, The Batman said:

Fabregas got it right there.

Argentina had 5 defenders and 5 attackers. Perfect for Croatia's excellent midfielders to take advantage. 

That's what worries me about England.  If Dier played instead of Henderson we would have zero midfielders.. 

Jordan Henderson is the only midfielder in the England team... 

The others are either central defenders impersonating midfielders or CAMs which aren't real midfielders

5 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

This to me is one of the reasons I side with Ronaldo in this debate. Clearly no question Messi would get into City's line up, but Ronaldo seems to be utterly driven. That said, I rate Maradona over everyone else.

Would Messi keep O’Dowda out of the team though?

Tough one really...

9 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Nah, I'd take Reid over Messi

:whistle:

18 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

No, Ronaldo has the ability to take a game by the scruff of the neck and carry his team mates, Messi doesn’t.

I take it you are talking about international football?

11 minutes ago, Super said:

I take it you are talking about international football?

Answering the question your answering! 

Messi dragged Argentina to the last WC final, and has just dragged Argentina on his own to qualify for this WC.

They wouldn’t even be in Russia if it wasn’t for him.

For anyone to even slightly doubt what Messi has done with a piss poor Argentina side over the last 5 years, is incredible.

In the qualifying group they used 45 players and had 3 coaches!  

2 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Answering the question your answering! 

Messi dragged Argentina to the last WC final, and has just dragged Argentina on his own to qualify for this WC.

They wouldn’t even be in Russia if it wasn’t for him.

For anyone to even slightly doubt what Messi has done with a piss poor Argentina side over the last 5 years, is incredible.

In the qualifying group they used 45 players and had 3 coaches!  

And scraped through. Any team with an attack that contains Messi, Aguero, Dybala, Higuin and Di Maria should be at the very least exciting to watch. 

5 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

And scraped through. Any team with an attack that contains Messi, Aguero, Dybala, Higuin and Di Maria should be at the very least exciting to watch. 

It depends if they have anyone playing behind them that can get the ball to them, the evidence seem to show they haven’t!

They both qualify as legends of the game for me. Don't think there is very much between them footballing wise and not much to be gained debating which one is better.

Just enjoy them whilst they are still playing. Could be a long wait before we see the likes of them again.

Completely agree with @Gazred, I've grown to enjoy watching both of them, two different players and two players who will go down as greats.

Ronaldo has shone more at this world cup, but Messi was better at the last, comparing them off of one tournament makes little sense. Both are world class players who deserve to be viewed in their own right, not in comparison with each other

35 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Was with you there until you mentioned Di'Maria. Have you ever seen him play well apart from being a flat track bully?

1 hour ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Clearly no question Messi would get into City's line up....

In place of who? Brownhill? Pato? Bobby R?

You can’t possibly be one of those misguided ones who refers to the Manc club as ‘City’?! And surely you wouldn’t do that on a Bristol CITY forum? When I say ‘City’ I’m talking about our heroes in red......

Archived