IGNORED

2018 World Cup

daored

1 hour ago, Garland-sweden said:

Sweden went to deep. Last 15 minutes Boateng red card. Sweden could not get the ball anyway. Sorry to say but Germany deserved the win. If we beat Mexico we still are in the tournament.

good luck, and do it for all of us!

4 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

Sweden went to deep. Last 15 minutes Boateng red card. Sweden could not get the ball anyway. Sorry to say but Germany deserved the win. If we beat Mexico we still are in the tournament.

I prefer a draw with the trade off of Korea miraculously winning .:innocent06:

6 hours ago, harrys said:

Fair play to the Germans, got what they deserved for that second half display with 10 players, if that was City or England we’d be talking about it for years 

Yes. Germany is very good but anyway, 11-10 in the last 15min. This game we will never forget. When Boateng was send off we should have changed players with fresh legs. We defend and defend and defend, getting tired. Nr 7 in Sweden, Sebastian Larsson, is playing in Hull. An average championship player, yesterday he worked really his socks of. Very disapointed we are ofcause how it went when we played with one more player. The Swedes are playing in Holland, France, Turkiet , championship. Our goalscorer is not even on the bench in the french team Toulouse. Forsberg, Leipzig, Bundesliga is out only classplayer. With that in mind, we could hold the germans so long is well done. Anyway, here we are very, very disapointed when the germans scored. Lineker said once, football is a game in 90 min and the germans win, yesterday his words was right. Our way of playing, or not playing, he he, defending, takes lot of energi. Tha bodies and minds are tired, new game vs Mexico in 3 days. Im not positive in that game, we have chance but not big. Mexico is a good team, they beat the germans with 1-0, well deserved, they should have scored more. 

10 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

You had a couple of chances to run the ball into the corner in the final couple of minutes to kill the game but instead chose to shoot tamely at the keeper and give the ball away. Very naïve.

10 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

Not sure about that? If you beat Mexico and Germany beat S K you'll all have 6 points. Then it comes down to goal difference where Mexico currently have a 2 goal advantage. Assuming Germany beat SK by more than you beat Mexico, and assuming you don't beat Mexico by more than 2 goals then you could end up with 6 points but out of the competition. I think! 

12 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

What a prat of a commentator. ‘Never write the German’s off’.

What!?! Like you were doing for the last 20 minutes of the match.

Complete knob.

Annoyed me too. I hope someone's sending them a copy of today's Bild. And they kept telling us that Mexico are definitely through, will rest players against Sweden etc. I don't think they are: If Germany beat S Korea and Sweden win well against Mexico then Mexico could be out. 

43 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Not sure about that? If you beat Mexico and Germany beat S K you'll all have 6 points. Then it comes down to goal difference where Mexico currently have a 2 goal advantage. Assuming Germany beat SK by more than you beat Mexico, and assuming you don't beat Mexico by more than 2 goals then you could end up with 6 points but out of the competition. I think! 

Its gonna be a thriller.

Watching the games so far in the WC I was thinking back and can't remember holding and arm wrestling being anything like as prevalent 15/20 years ago. Im not saying it didn't happen in the past, but  these days it seems that  in the majority of physical challenges the defender grab hold of  the opposition player.

When did this become the "norm" and why are defenders ( e.g. Panama's today) surprised and upset when penalised?

1 minute ago, downendcity said:

Watching the games so far in the WC I was thinking back and can't remember holding and arm wrestling being anything like as prevalent 15/20 years ago. Im not saying it didn't happen in the past, but  these days it seems that  in the majority of physical challenges the defender grab hold of  the opposition player.

When did this become the "norm" and why are defenders ( e.g. Panama's today) surprised and upset when penalised?

It`s not just a sneaky pull back either, it`s full on WWE. I can`t recall it being as bad as this - hopefully as the crappier teams get knocked out it will get better.

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

It`s not just a sneaky pull back either, it`s full on WWE. I can`t recall it being as bad as this - hopefully as the crappier teams get knocked out it will get better.

Reminds me of Swindon CBs on Flint when we beat them 3-0.  Sweet win that night! 

7 hours ago, italian dave said:

Considering Sweden are playing Mexico, they'd only have to win 1-0 to overturn the GD as it'll be +1 for the Swedes and -1 for the Mexicans.

Whether they'd win via the fair play rule is a different story,

6 minutes ago, Super said:

Columbia deserve the lead Poland have been dreadful

This!! Have absolutely no idea what the Polish gameplan, formation, shape etc is....they've been beyond woeful. And their left back...christ alive. He's properly shit.

Archived