IGNORED

2018 World Cup

daored

Just now, JoeAman08 said:

Wouldn’t have had to as it would have been called as a foul. Don’t let his actions sway your decisions. It was a foul he has pushed him in the chest to stop him from getting past

Really? I didnt see that.

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Wouldn’t have had to as it would have been called as a foul. Don’t let his actions sway your decisions. It was a foul he has pushed him in the chest to stop him from getting past

He didn't push him in the chest.  He put his hand up and ever so slightly touched him.  A push is forceful.  There was no force behind it..  

16 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Neymar is both hugely overrated and an absolute tosser.  

If the refs keep up their attitude to diving, it will soon start to disappear..

He is the scum of the earth.

Massive diving cheat who has to make everything about him.

I really despise Brazil, they have been the biggest cheats in World football for years* yet we are supposed to buy the “samba stars” horseshit the media always come up with.

*Remember when Rivaldo got a Turkish player sent off by claiming he kicked the ball in his face? The red card wasn’t recinded and no action was taken against him, despite it clearing hitting his leg.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

I really despise Brazil, they have been the biggest cheats in World football for years* yet we are supposed to buy the “samba stars” horseshit the media always come up with.

Remember when Rovaldo got a Turkish player sent off by claiming he kicked the ball in his face? The red card wasn’t recinded and no action was taken against him, despite it clearing hitting his leg.

Reckon they would be a better side if they left Neymar out. Would never happen, he probably picks the side!!!

1 minute ago, Super said:

Really? I didnt see that.

His hand was on his chest. Pushing and impeding an opponent are both illegal. If we are being cynical it was a penalty. The grey area comes from when we talk about how much contact. You can clearly see the contact in the replay although it doesn’t look that bad. Thing is you don’t know how much contact there was and how much it effected Neymar. Similar to handball. Too much of a grey area. 

Personally think the ref got it right. Though I have seen that foul awarded outside the box I don’t think it is enough for a penalty. Grey area. There was contact as well so is it a dive? Surely a dive is when there is no contact? 

4 minutes ago, The Bard said:

He didn't push him in the chest.  He put his hand up and ever so slightly touched him.  A push is forceful.  There was no force behind it..  

Then he was impeded which is still illegal technically. 

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Remember when Rovaldo got a Turkish player sent off by claiming he kicked the ball in his face? The red card wasn’t recinded and no action was taken against him, despite it clearing hitting his leg.

And then Turkey had to play Brazil again later in the tournament (Semi finals I think)

30 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

If that’s a foul then the game of football is dead RIP!

Players now think any contact = foul, it’s a contact sport, contact happens, Neymar was touched on the chest, he wasn’t impeded, he chose to stop playing and fall over, that wasn’t because there was contact, it was because he wanted to over emphasise that he was touched to get a pen, 

13 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Players now think any contact = foul, it’s a contact sport, contact happens, Neymar was touched on the chest, he wasn’t impeded, he chose to stop playing and fall over, that wasn’t because there was contact, it was because he wanted to over emphasise that he was touched to get a pen, 

yep,

far play to the Ref/VAR , still like to know why he wasn't booked though. 

9 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

The defender was beat wrapped his arm around him then tried to tug at his shirt. Look I am all for a physical game and agreed Neymar should have kept on going. My only point was when people asked why he wasn’t booked for diving. In real time it looked a pen and there was contact that we can think was minimal but will never know. So I don’t see why he should be booked. Also it was a foul. VAR would not have been used outside the box and the ref did call it. It is a call you see 2-3 times a game. Do we like it? No but it is the game today. 

17 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

The defender was beat wrapped his arm around him then tried to tug at his shirt. Look I am all for a physical game and agreed Neymar should have kept on going. My only point was when people asked why he wasn’t booked for diving. In real time it looked a pen and there was contact that we can think was minimal but will never know. So I don’t see why he should be booked. Also it was a foul. VAR would not have been used outside the box and the ref did call it. It is a call you see 2-3 times a game. Do we like it? No but it is the game today. 

You don't give up when you're wrong do you?

That decision is a perfect metaphor for how the game needs to change,  It isn't a foul and the ref realised it when he saw it back.  The decades of play acting and cheating have pushed the perception of a foul so far away from reality that only VAR was ever going to reassert the rules of the game properly. 

Fair play to the ref.  Hope he gets the final.  Hope the Brazilians are pulled up on their behaviour too. Vile behaviour.  

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

First bit: Looks like he thought about it but didn't actually grab/pull his shirt, and Neymar has the front of his shirt pulled yet arches backwards. 

2nd bit : Supposing the rules are the same it's simulation/exaggeration , tried to con the Ref should be booked. As I say supposing the rules are the same.

3rd bit : The Ref called it because he was conned, at best Neymar exaggerated the contact trying to win a Pen, which he nearly did.

It's going to be a point of contention all the time, one persons sees a Pen another doesn't. The Ref looks at VAR and sees slight contact on screen (like the Liverpool Pen few months back) and give a soft Pen. I've said before the system should have been tried a lot more before using it at something this big.
That said , there have been some good decisions made/changed/overturned by VAR

28 minutes ago, The Bard said:

You don't give up when you're wrong do you?

That decision is a perfect metaphor for how the game needs to change,  It isn't a foul and the ref realised it when he saw it back.  The decades of play acting and cheating have pushed the perception of a foul so far away from reality that only VAR was ever going to reassert the rules of the game properly. 

Fair play to the ref.  Hope he gets the final.  Hope the Brazilians are pulled up on their behaviour too. Vile behaviour.  

In your opinion I am wrong. Of course I will defend mine as you have yours. By the rules it was a foul. As a fan the ref made the correct decision twice by changing his decision and not booking neymar

5 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

First bit: Looks like he thought about it but didn't actually grab/pull his shirt, and Neymar has the front of his shirt pulled yet arches backwards. 

2nd bit : Supposing the rules are the same it's simulation/exaggeration , tried to con the Ref should be booked. As I say supposing the rules are the same.

3rd bit : The Ref called it because he was conned, at best Neymar exaggerated the contact trying to win a Pen, which he nearly did.

It's going to be a point of contention all the time, one persons sees a Pen another doesn't. The Ref looks at VAR and sees slight contact on screen (like the Liverpool Pen few months back) and give a soft Pen. I've said before the system should have been tried a lot more before using it at something this big.
That said , there have been some good decisions made/changed/overturned by VAR

He definitely oversold if but how many times have we seen worse contact and it not given? VAR just needs to earn the trust of everyone and it should cut a lot of it out. 

And when you say he exaggerated the contact for me that is the grey area. The use of his arms isn’t technically allowed and the argument could be made that he impeded or pushed neymar. Just like you can argue neymar dived. Hell I am arguing it wasn’t a penalty but that he should not hve been booked. 

In your second point where you argue he should be booked because of the exaggeration could you not argue there was still contact made that could have impeded neymar? 

Can probably argue it forever and I am being pedantic just feel it is all grey area. Until the rules state there needs to be excessive contact for fouls then we will always be able to have this conversation. Same with handball

12 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

In your second point where you argue he should be booked because of the exaggeration could you not argue there was still contact made that could have impeded neymar? 

That's why I said , if the rules are the same. As I understand it contact has to be forceful and exaggeration is a bookable offence. Bailey Wright got a suspension for it retrospectively.

12 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

VAR just needs to earn the trust of everyone

Absolutely. 
One reason I want it to succeed is it will cut out what happened to Kane the other night (and Flint most of the season). With the Neymar thing, I really think if VAR was not in use instead of putting a hand on Neymar, the guy may have grabbed a handful and may have got away with it. It looked to me as if he changed his mind, as I say maybe VAR in the back of his mind, who knows.

Archived