IGNORED

2018 World Cup

daored

With it looking likely the runners up in England's group will have the easiest run through the semi's, is there a real possibility both England and Belgium will be playing to lose on Thursday?

I'll try not to get too far ahead but odds on both teams will qualify over the weekend and for some reason their game on Thursday is the last out of all the group's so will know how the cookie crumbles.

I have only watched 1 match for the whole 90 minutes and was England v Tunisia.

For me it still very much an unregulated cheat fest and Neymar is still the undefeated world champion.

But to be honest the gutless tart that is Portugals Pepe, should have been sent home after the Spain game for his pathetic unprofessionalism but his latest embarrassing incident leads me to believe that there is actually something mentally awry with the bloke, Portugal do the right thing send this clown home.

@Olé hopefully not even you could defend this shit?

Have any UK Officials been allotted any games in this World Cup,  have watched all the games thus far and unless I missed something,  haven't seen  any in the games or at the VAR.  Am I wrong?  Also,  why are the games next week being televised at the same time, ( two games at the same time) my record of watching every game is in danger unless I watch two screens on different channels at the same time!  Very confusing.

18 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

@Olé hopefully not even you could defend this shit?

I would not defend this shit.

Pepe is and always has been a massive wind up merchant, he does it for Madrid too, but the sooner people realise he isn't stupid and is trying to affect other players, the better. It always starts with the other player, he's wound them up, they've gone up to him, he's expecting it. Total prat but he's got the reaction he wanted, I don't know why other players get so sucked in.

What I do find tiresome is the same people are always the pantomime villains, send Pepe home, really, from what I have seen most of the World Cup is at it, in their own different ways. Everyone is looking for an advantage. Everyone is gaming the ref, whether it is simulation or getting away with blatant fouling. VAR has helped in a few cases but for the most part I think this tournament will be partly remembered as when the level of cynicism, physicality and win at all costs of elite players became too much for match officials to monitor and adjudicate fairly. Sad but there were go. Sending Pepe home isn't going to fix that.

The last games of 

13 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Have any UK Officials been allotted any games in this World Cup,  have watched all the games thus far and unless I missed something,  haven't seen  any in the games or at the VAR.  Am I wrong?  Also,  why are the games next week being televised at the same time, ( two games at the same time) my record of watching every game is in danger unless I watch two screens on different channels at the same time!  Very confusing.

The last games of every group game gets played at the same time.

Stops foul play and also if a team knows the other result before they even play their game they might not even try to play for a win.

17 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

There are no UK officials at the World Cup.

The games are at the same time to avoid a side having the advantage of knowing what result they need in their final game.

Not confusing at all.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

There are no UK officials at the World Cup.

The games are at the same time to avoid a side having the advantage of knowing what result they need in their final game.

Not confusing at all.

I mean confusing when trying to watch two games at the same time.

3 minutes ago, prankerd said:

The last games of 

The last games of every group game gets played at the same time.

Stops foul play and also if a team knows the other result before they even play their game they might not even try to play for a win.

So,  like Coventry V City in the old Div 1

1 hour ago, Olé said:

I would not defend this shit.

Pepe is and always has been a massive wind up merchant, he does it for Madrid too, but the sooner people realise he isn't stupid and is trying to affect other players, the better. It always starts with the other player, he's wound them up, they've gone up to him, he's expecting it. Total prat but he's got the reaction he wanted, I don't know why other players get so sucked in.

What I do find tiresome is the same people are always the pantomime villains, send Pepe home, really, from what I have seen most of the World Cup is at it, in their own different ways. Everyone is looking for an advantage. Everyone is gaming the ref, whether it is simulation or getting away with blatant fouling. VAR has helped in a few cases but for the most part I think this tournament will be partly remembered as when the level of cynicism, physicality and win at all costs of elite players became too much for match officials to monitor and adjudicate fairly. Sad but there were go. Sending Pepe home isn't going to fix that.

Pepe isn't 'stupid'?, give me a break, he is an embarrassing pathetic cheat who makes himself look stupid every time he pulls one of his gutless stunts. 

He is not a wind up merchant at all he is gutless cheat who tries to get fellow 'professionals' sent off and that to me is something that is totally unacceptable and to me cannot be written off as 'the modern game' or 'gaining an advantage' or any other excuse that people offer up about him. Gaining an advantage is one thing but gutless cheating like he displays is a disgrace.

The fact that the Portuguese coach seemingly won't sanction him and the fact that FIFA turn a blind eye just feeds into the cheat fest that world cup actually is, Pepe makes himself the pantomime villain nobody else does that and that is actually what is tiresome.

5 minutes ago, RedBrizzleRobin said:

Belgium have been very good but is it me or are Tunisia more open at the back then they were against us? Though just could be their quality cutting Tunisia open better than we did. Either way looks like its going to be a very tough game against them.

I think possibly if we had buried a couple of those early chances/got one of the penalty shouts and got it to 3-0/3-1 then we could have seen similar from England.

That said, Belgium do seem to have clicked this time.

9 minutes ago, RedBrizzleRobin said:

Belgium have been very good but is it me or are Tunisia more open at the back then they were against us? Though just could be their quality cutting Tunisia open better than we did. Either way looks like its going to be a very tough game against them.

We had a lot of good chances early on and should have been at least 2 up before Walker was a joker. 

Also Tunisia have to attack in this game whereas first game they didn’t really. 

Belgium can be very good at times though but also seen enough to suggest they have flaws at the back. 

Archived