IGNORED

2018 World Cup

daored

5 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

They would of sailed through our group without doubt,unless you are suggesting Panama and Tunisia are as good as Iceland and Croatia 

That’s a different statement and that’s not what I’m suggesting. You’re dodging the question.

I’ll ask you directly again; are you still sure Argentina without Messi are superior to England? That was the claim.

3 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Yes is the answer,messi is a passenger in that Argentina side 

A reminder of how Argentina carried the “passenger” Messi during qualification:- 

Without Messi, Argentina played eight matches in qualifying. They won one. They scored 0.75 goals per game. They lost to Ecuador, Paraguay and Bolivia. They drew with Venezuela. Tata Martino was sacked and so was his successor, Edgardo Bauza. 

With Messi, Argentina played ten matches and only lost one (to Brazil in Belo Horizonte). They beat Chile twice, Uruguay and trounced Colombia 3-0 in San Juan. In 10 games, Messi scored seven goals (including the all-important hat-trick against Ecuador to secure Argentina’s World Cup place). How important were Messi’s goals? For comparison’s sake, Argentina’s strike force of Gonzalo Higuain, Sergio Aguero, Mauro Icardi, Dario Benedetto, Lucas Pratto and Lucas Alario combined for three goals over the two-year cycle.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

A reminder of how Argentina carried the “passenger” Messi during qualification:- 

Without Messi, Argentina played eight matches in qualifying. They won one. They scored 0.75 goals per game. They lost to Ecuador, Paraguay and Bolivia. They drew with Venezuela. Tata Martino was sacked and so was his successor, Edgardo Bauza. 

With Messi, Argentina played ten matches and only lost one (to Brazil in Belo Horizonte). They beat Chile twice, Uruguay and trounced Colombia 3-0 in San Juan. In 10 games, Messi scored seven goals (including the all-important hat-trick against Ecuador to secure Argentina’s World Cup place). How important were Messi’s goals? For comparison’s sake, Argentina’s strike force of Gonzalo Higuain, Sergio Aguero, Mauro Icardi, Dario Benedetto, Lucas Pratto and Lucas Alario combined for three goals over the two-year cycle.

Repeating yourself now mate,you make out only messi was missing during the games he missed

2 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

We had a lot of good chances early on and should have been at least 2 up before Walker was a joker. 

Also Tunisia have to attack in this game whereas first game they didn’t really. 

Belgium can be very good at times though but also seen enough to suggest they have flaws at the back. 

Agreed, the one thing that gives me hope is alot of nations seem to have flaws at the back this time round. Lots of attacking talent on show but been some dodgy defending even from the better teams.

Did notice Belgium seemed a little wobbly after Tunisia brought it back to 2-1.  We'll certainly ask alot more questions of their defense than Tunisia and Panama have.

37 minutes ago, RedBrizzleRobin said:

Agreed, the one thing that gives me hope is alot of nations seem to have flaws at the back this time round. Lots of attacking talent on show but been some dodgy defending even from the better teams.

Did notice Belgium seemed a little wobbly after Tunisia brought it back to 2-1.  We'll certainly ask alot more questions of their defense than Tunisia and Panama have.

Flaws at the back!, we will probably have to wait until the Belgium game to see what flaws ‘we’ have. Got to be honest and say that England’s defence doesn’t fill me with confidence, especially our left hand side. 

16 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Flaws at the back!, we will probably have to wait until the Belgium game to see what flaws ‘we’ have. Got to be honest and say that England’s defence doesn’t fill me with confidence, especially our left hand side. 

It will either be 4-4 or the dullest goalless draw imaginable.

11 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I agree with you, we're got our own deficiencies at the back to think about.  Flaws was perhaps too strong a word though.

VAR non use again.

Swedish striker thru on goal, gets a push in the back and is clearly impeded but no action from the ref or it seems by the VAR officials

If that wasn't a clear and obvious mistake then I don't know what is,

Should have been a penalty

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

We have flaws but so do others. Not really seen outstanding team yet. I don't think England will win the WC or even the group but they can get past 2nd round I think.

Germany again not learned from the Mexico game as getting stung on the break a lot. Lucky it wasn't a penalty too.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

VAR non use again.

Swedish striker thru on goal, gets a push in the back and is clearly impeded but no action from the ref or it seems by the VAR officials

If that wasn't a clear and obvious mistake then I don't know what is,

Shoukd have been a penalty

This is not me agreeing with you.......it's someone else :ph34r:

Archived