IGNORED

2018 World Cup

daored

5 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Come Tuesday night you might be wishing you couldn`t!

Been going to a pub for the England games so I wont have to worry about losing connection.

Left at HT in the Belgium game though, partly because it was an afwul game, and partly because I was getting blinded by the sun every time my eye level went above the table and there was no other space.

1 hour ago, EmissionImpossible said:

I’m surprised most people are relatively confident that England will beat Colombia.

Wise words. 

England’s history in knockout football really isn’t great. The games are almost always incredibly close, incredibly tense affairs. The only two knockout games we’ve won comfortably in my lifetime were against Paraguay in 1986 and against Denmark in 2002 (both 3-0 wins). Hopefully Tuesday night joins that list, but I just have a nagging doubt at the back of my mind that we’re going to lose, perhaps on penalties.

I sincerely hope this post looks very daft by the end of the game on Tuesday after a comprehensive England win...we shall see. 

12 minutes ago, General Zod said:

Can you imagine an England v Russia semi final.  With all the political bad feeling and the world watching I would imagine the Kremlin would like a win at all costs.  A mysterious food poisoning for Kane just before kick off :)

Three fire alarms in the team hotel the night before and half the side arrested before the game for not having the correct papers?

Then it turns out the FA only got visas for them up to the quarter finals as they didn`t think they`d need them after that.

A prediction on what will happen if we win:

The date is August 28th 2018, the UK has experienced it’s 77th consecutive day without a cloud in the sky. Corona bottle tops are now used as currency, no ones been to work for 5 weeks. Harry Maguire last seen riding a cow with the World Cup down M5. Lingard is still missing.

2 minutes ago, One Team said:

A prediction on what will happen if we win:

The date is August 28th 2018, the UK has experienced it’s 77th consecutive day without a cloud in the sky. Corona bottle tops are now used as currency, no ones been to work for 5 weeks. Harry Maguire last seen riding a cow with the World Cup down M5. Lingard is still missing.

How did a cow get the World Cup?

3 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

I should've listened to the bit at the end where you said or neither team will score again. Wish you had put that bit in bold.:laughcont:

Still time for 10-10, #AlwaysBelieve*

*that you will lose your money 

52 minutes ago, North London Red said:

Wise words. 

England’s history in knockout football really isn’t great. The games are almost always incredibly close, incredibly tense affairs. The only two knockout games we’ve won comfortably in my lifetime were against Paraguay in 1986 and against Denmark in 2002 (both 3-0 wins). Hopefully Tuesday night joins that list, but I just have a nagging doubt at the back of my mind that we’re going to lose, perhaps on penalties.

I sincerely hope this post looks very daft by the end of the game on Tuesday after a comprehensive England win...we shall see. 

England haven’t won a knockout game for 12 years, and only two since 1990!

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

Still time for 10-10, #AlwaysBelieve*

*that you will lose your money 

ITV just said 10 minutes to go, Just put £10 on a 10 - 10 draw with Harry Kane claiming all 18 goals. This time tomorrow I will be a millionaire and all the girls will fancy me.

5 minutes ago, reddoh said:

ITV just said 10 minutes to go, Just put £10 on a 10 - 10 draw with Harry Kane claiming all 18 goals. This time tomorrow I will be a millionaire and all the girls will fancy me.

#HelpNeededForThisMan

PS can you lend me a few quid

Archived