IGNORED

New Music thread

BUTOR

Seem to remember an old one but its vanished...

Heard any good new music recently? Put it on here 

I'll start off, 

Idles - Bristolians and very nice blokes too. Shortly due to release their second album and are starting to get quite big. Raw and Heavy, not for those without an interest in punk. Backdrop of this song is interesting too, Idles were a bit of a wish wash Indie band before the death of the singers mother and he saw first hand the impact of a crippled NHS through a loved ones long term illness, resulting in an entire album of music based on life experiences and his anger. For fans of Sleaford Mods and Punk/Post punk in general 

Shame - Appeared on Jools Holland the other week, a mix of a shit load of influences ultimately resulting in Modern edged punk on the blinking nail. For fans of Joy Division and post punk 

Remember music is simply a thing of taste, add anything you want. Hopefully you discover something decent. 

On 04/06/2018 at 02:23, Bouncearoundtheground said:

I'll start off, 

Idles - Bristolians and very nice blokes too. Shortly due to release their second album and are starting to get quite big. Raw and Heavy, not for those without an interest in punk. Backdrop of this song is interesting too, Idles were a bit of a wish wash Indie band before the death of the singers mother and he saw first hand the impact of a crippled NHS through a loved ones long term illness, resulting in an entire album of music based on life experiences and his anger. For fans of Sleaford Mods and Punk/Post punk in general 

Shame - Appeared on Jools Holland the other week, a mix of a shit load of influences ultimately resulting in Modern edged punk on the blinking nail. For fans of Joy Division and post punk 

Remember music is simply a thing of taste, add anything you want. Hopefully you discover something decent. 

Idles are a wicked band - Even Mary Berry likes Idles!!

On 04/06/2018 at 02:23, Bouncearoundtheground said:

I'll start off, 

Idles and Shame are my two favourite new Bands. Saw Idles live in London a few weeks ago and have tickets for Shame in Bristol later in the year (Idles are also playing in Bristol in Oct).

Such a good time to see Idles - they’re definitely a band on the up. So good to see this live (compared to the numerous bands that have been around for years making money by rehashing old albums). Real passion from the band and the crowd!

15 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Idles and Shame are my two favourite new Bands. Saw Idles live in London a few weeks ago and have tickets for Shame in Bristol later in the year (Idles are also playing in Bristol in Oct).

Such a good time to see Idles - they’re definitely a band on the up. So good to see this live (compared to the numerous bands that have been around for years making money by rehashing old albums). Real passion from the band and the crowd!

Just bought my Idles Bristol tickets.  Am seeing them at Rebellion too.  Hugely looking forward to both of these gigs!!

On 07/06/2018 at 09:05, Abingdon Red said:

The Blinders - they have quite an intensity and power live.

Last couple of singles got 6 music play. Fairly similar to early Arctic Monkeys, particularly View from the Afternoon, though in no way a copy.

Slow readers club  - wonderful live band

Saw the Blinders at the Louisiana  - back in January - superb live band (although one idiot thought it was an idea to shove people around and I broke my ankle)!!

Now I have my tickets check out Sunflower Bean (before they sell out)

Archived