IGNORED

Your the boss who do you want to sign?

barneyrubble

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I don't know enough about other clubss players - it's not my job. 

The Owls fans like Bannan tho and he was a big miss for them last season thru injury. Him maybe? 

No chance. We won't be signing much this summer but we won't be selling any of our better players either.

Very happy for you to take Jordan Rhodes, Sam Winnall or Almen Abdi off our hands though. 

1 minute ago, Owl Visiting said:

No chance. We won't be signing much this summer but we won't be selling any of our better players either.

Very happy for you to take Jordan Rhodes, Sam Winnall or Almen Abdi off our hands though. 

Wouldn't be that surprised if we look at Winnall. Johnson likes him, especially if one of Djuric or Diedhiou leave he might be seen as a good stylistic fit.

Another one I'd quite like us to look at is Rico Henry - especially if Bryan goes. 

4 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

I think LJ rates Winnall. 

I could be mistaken but didn't Winnall play under LJ at Barnsley/Oldham? 

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I think LJ rates Winnall. 

I could be mistaken but didn't Winnall play under LJ at Barnsley/Oldham? 

It doesn't follow he would want to play under LJ again.

It was well documented that LJ fell out with a number of Barnsley players, though I can't remember if Winnall was one of them.

17 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

It doesn't follow he would want to play under LJ again.

It was well documented that LJ fell out with a number of Barnsley players, though I can't remember if Winnall was one of them.

According to his critics LJ is always falling out with players.........name any manager who doesn't fall out with some of his players?  Alex Ferguson springs to mind.

I vaguely remember LJs complimentary comments about Winnall after he'd scored against us. 

40 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Is Bannan happy at Sheff Weds though ? Press articles last year seemed to suggest not when you turned down offers for him in the summer and he's no guarantee to replace Sam Hutchinson is he ?

2 minutes ago, 123red1 said:

Is Bannan happy at Sheff Weds though ? Press articles last year seemed to suggest not when you turned down offers for him in the summer and he's no guarantee to replace Sam Hutchinson is he ?

He's happy as far as I know. He responded to the speculation in the press and said it was untrue. Hutchinson is never fit unfortunately, don't think he's made an appearance under the new manager yet so not sure how much he'll play when he's ready. 

2 hours ago, BigTone said:

My first signing would be Robbored as Supporters Liason Officer

I'll only believe that appointment it when it's  on the OS.

45 minutes ago, Robbored said:

According to his critics LJ is always falling out with players.........name any manager who doesn't fall out with some of his players?  Alex Ferguson springs to mind.

I vaguely remember LJs complimentary comments about Winnall after he'd scored against us. 

Indeed, most managers inevitably do fall out with the odd player.

My point was it's probably fair to say those players may have severe reservations about following said manager to his next club.

10 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

If I was the boss as you describe the Head Coach, I would recruit an experienced and trustworthy coach to replace myself! 

One who will keep everyone focused in the aims of the club and maintain discipline. 

Would he also have to be tall?

10 hours ago, Always Ashton Red said:

Depending on outgoings...

GK - Dean Henderson

LB - Sam McQueen... 

MD/ATT MD - Zinedine FERHAT  (20 Assists last season)

ST - Umut Bozok (24 Goals in Ligue2.. Might bring abit of a fee but only 21 so fits the long term bill here).

This but maybe include Oztumer, Mason Mount and as previously said Angers SCO scouting team. 

Can’t believe a few are suggesting Douglas here. Was Wolves second best player after Neves last season. I even reckon most Wolves fans would tell you that. 

He got about 5 goals and 15 assists last year. Was crucial to them. Absolutely no chance of us signing him. 

Being realistic, id take some of these 

Cairns (Fleetwood)

Todd Kane (Chelsea) 

Aina (Chelsea)

Lichaj (Forest)

Daniel Johnson (Preston)

Jack Payne (Huddersfield) 

Adelakun (Scunthorpe)

Ojo (Scunthorpe)

Wilson (Liverpool, think he may be going Rangers though)

3 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Can’t believe a few are suggesting Douglas here. Was Wolves second best player after Neves last season. I even reckon most Wolves fans would tell you that. 

He got about 5 goals and 15 assists last year. Was crucial to them. Absolutely no chance of us signing him. 

Admittedly he was my fantasy suggestion - mainly because I’ve always loved those left backs like Roberto Carlos and Ian Harte who are really dangerous from dead ball situations! 

Our only hope of getting someone like him would be if Wolves radically strengthened and left him surplus.. but even then we’d be in competition with loads of others. 

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Admittedly he was my fantasy suggestion - mainly because I’ve always loved those left backs like Roberto Carlos and Ian Harte who are really dangerous from dead ball situations! 

Our only hope of getting someone like him would be if Wolves radically strengthened and left him surplus.. but even then we’d be in competition with loads of others. 

Yeah he's a great player, I'd love him here I just can't see it. 

I'd like Doherty here though. I think they'll improve on him now they've gone up. In fact they're being linked with a €40 million move for Cancelo. 

5 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Not as highly lauded but I’d take Doherty as our right back off them in a flash if they are looking to upgrade

Possibly more chance than Douglas

On 05/06/2018 at 15:17, BobBobSuperBob said:

Bolton ,Preston and several other Champ sides already in for him 

Heard we were interested but not pursuing it.

Also, looks like Cunningham’s off to Cardiff.

Not signing new deal and with Prem on offer expect he’ll go there.

Just now, pnefcok said:

Heard we were interested but not pursuing it.

Also, looks like Cunningham’s off to Cardiff.

Not signing new deal and with Prem on offer expect he’ll go there.

Git him mind.

Archived