IGNORED

Jack Marriott signs for Derby (Merged)

Charlie BCFC

21 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Peterborough have accepted a 7 figure fee for him. Have a few sources saying it’s us and a few saying Palace but we’ve certainly spoken to him on numerous occasions.... will find out who in 48 hours 

No they haven't, it's Maddison they've accepted 7 figures for.

Alan Nixon is saying that Marriott will cost £4m and that Forest want an experienced striker, so they potentially aren't even interested at all. Would be a big gamble for a L1 player at that fee but Peterborough seem to have a fantastic record with players

1 minute ago, WRERE said:

Alan Nixon is saying that Marriott will cost £4m and that Forest want an experienced striker, so they potentially aren't even interested at all. Would be a big gamble for a L1 player at that fee but Peterborough seem to have a fantastic record with players

If he struggles in the championship we can always loan him out to Cheltenham and tell the fans he’s one for the future. 

Well Marriott posted on his Twitter last night from Malaga he had a late flight, he’s cut his holiday short to come and speak to someone. Checking the Bristol airport times there was a flight from Malaga landing at 1:30 this morning. This could be  on! 

I for one would love him here. To many times we’ve turned our noses up at lower league players because they are to much of a risk and they end up doing well. If we lose Reid he’d be a perfect replacement. We spent over 5 million on an unknown Diedhiou, not sure why everyone is so opposed to spending less on a younger striker whose just had an amazing season. If he repeats it then we’ve got another 15 million pound player on our hands. 

3 minutes ago, Negan said:

Well Marriott posted on his Twitter last night from Malaga he had a late flight, he’s cut his holiday short to come and speak to someone. Checking the Bristol airport times there was a flight from Malaga landing at 1:30 this morning. This could be  on! 

I for one would love him here. To many times we’ve turned our noses up at lower league players because they are to much of a risk and they end up doing well. If we lose Reid he’d be a perfect replacement. We spent over 5 million on an unknown Diedhiou, not sure why everyone is so opposed to spending less on a younger striker whose just had an amazing season. If he repeats it then we’ve got another 15 million pound player on our hands. 

I’d like to have him too. O’Dowda was a large gamble for 1.5m from L2 and looks a bargain now. People will turn their noses to the deal because of the fee if it goes through but we can’t expect other clubs to be cheap options when we want to sell our best players for huge sums too. 

24 minutes ago, Negan said:

Good detective work - that's what the transfer window is for!

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Good detective work - that's what the transfer window is for!

The times work perfectly for either Bristol or London. We can rule at Leeds and Nottingham Forest in my opinion. We’ve been strongly linked, genuinely think this might be happening now, be gutted if he ends up elsewhere as I can see him doing well next season. Hopefully this tweet doesn’t come back and bite me in 12 months when he’s signs for Forest and has 3 goals in 46 apps :laughcont:

5 minutes ago, Cider-Head23 said:

Scored a shed load last season in L1, still only 23 years old

If 4 million is the correct figure reported then why not. 

Gayle & Assombalonga both gone on to do well in the higher leagues after successful spells at Posh. 

£6m ish imo mate.

36 minutes ago, Negan said:

Absolutely this.

17 minutes ago, Cider-Head23 said:

Scored a shed load last season in L1, still only 23 years old

If 4 million is the correct figure reported then why not. 

Gayle & Assombalonga both gone on to do well in the higher leagues after successful spells at Posh. 

indeed, and the goal is the same size what ever division, would be a good signing if its us imo 

I’d be happy with this, we’re lacking a striker that runs in behind to score. I’m not sure how good his all round game is but he scores a good variety of different finishes which makes me think he could do it at a higher level.

8 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Bet Victor:

image.png.e58f5f6b6131d0a569b6455f6c135acd.png

We're fairly close then? What are the rest of the bookies saying, I can't look cause I'm at work.

Ipswich being in the discussion is a bit of a joke mind.

29 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

We're fairly close then? What are the rest of the bookies saying, I can't look cause I'm at work.

Ipswich being in the discussion is a bit of a joke mind.

I wonder how many transfers to Ipswich you have to go to get to 4m combined for them. Don’t tend to spend much 

Just now, JoeAman08 said:

I wonder how many transfers to Ipswich you have to go to get to 4m combined for them. Don’t tend to spend much 

Mick spent £6m in his whole tenure there. If he goes to Ipswich I'll eat a log of shite between two kingsmill white slices.

I saw Marriott play a number of times for Luton.

Personally I don't get the love in. He always looked a league 2/ league 1 player at best; unlike Andre Gray who always had some spark about him. 

He was not first choice at Luton last season. Hence everyone was happy to take the 400k that Peterborough offered.

Fair play to him on the season he's had (like Bobby for us); but I just can't see him having the impact in the Championship that people seem to think he'll have.

If we were looking lower leagues, if look more at Billy kee at Accrington. Was fantastic for them last year, and would cost a he'll of a lot less.

Archived