IGNORED

Jack Marriott signs for Derby (Merged)

Charlie BCFC

10 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

FAD47368-53A1-4C87-B0FB-222EB1DAC763.thumb.png.fd2b848a0838366d0efdb43aa1351421.pngD54645C2-874F-4DCE-9FBA-27178DDA3501.thumb.png.cd3cdf5ec3f3dfeae78e72d7b7429306.png

The figure is incorrect. Does that mean the team is correct? 

That’s how it sounds

@Davefevs - you may of seen it but found this - which gives you a feel for him

Clarifies my impression of him , good finisher , finishes well with decent service but doesn’t often create his own 

Not sure I’d pay 4/5 m for him , he’d be a  gamble at that price that could prove to be genius or a a big miss

Maybe alongside FD he’d be fine , but he would need ‘feeding’

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

That’s how it sounds

Clarifies my impression of him , good finisher , finishes well with decent service but doesn’t often create his own 

Not sure I’d pay 4/5 m for him , he’d be a  gamble at that price that could prove to be genius or a a big miss

Bobby and Tammy, more so, didn’t create their own, still got by very well.

31 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Works harder than Pitman Dave from what I’ve seen but ultimately I’d Class him as a penalty box player , a second striker to play alongside another

As I said reminds me of Adam Le Fondre 

I havnt seen lots of him really but kept an eye on him as from the first time I saw a goal of his he just looked a natural finisher 

This would suggest that's the case.

Dc1OSkRWAAAUz8h.jpg:large

He seems like a decent all round striker from that footage, albeit at a lower level than championship (he even bagged a hatrick against the worlds sixth richest team!) - one thing I noticed on the video is the number of those goals he scores with the first touch and often off balance too. This is a good sign imo, as no matter what level he plays at being able to get the shot away early will make it harder for the goalkeeper and defence than trying to take a few touches.

He also scored quite a few one on ones - could we finally have found a player that is actually clinical in those situations?  (or are we not being shown the six misses that it took to score one like most of our recent strikers  :fear: )

32 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Reminds me of Tony Thorpe judging by that video, no bad thing. Pretty quick too.

The defending at the Mem was a tad comical, he had enough room for a new tent for the 3rd one! 

Lose the silly hairstyle as well. #MOANYOLDGIT.

He reminded me of Ian Wright more than Tony Thorpe, but similar to both. 

51 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

This would suggest that's the case.

Dc1OSkRWAAAUz8h.jpg:large

Cool. Thanks.  One think I look for in a lower league striker is goals with both feet....

47 minutes ago, cityal said:

He seems like a decent all round striker from that footage, albeit at a lower level than championship (he even bagged a hatrick against the worlds sixth richest team!) - one thing I noticed on the video is the number of those goals he scores with the first touch and often off balance too. This is a good sign imo, as no matter what level he plays at being able to get the shot away early will make it harder for the goalkeeper and defence than trying to take a few touches.

He also scored quite a few one on ones - could we finally have found a player that is actually clinical in those situations?  (or are we not being shown the six misses that it took to score one like most of our recent strikers  :fear: )

.....and then the types.  Is the other foot just a swinger, or is it a genuine confident foot.  In Marriott’s case, it’s not a swinger.  Looks like he will favour his right, but happy on his left.  The other thing is what foot does he control with.  Some players will only control with their stronger foot.  Marriott in one of the last goals in that clip, first touch with left, to manoeuvre it onto his left.  A defender who knows his opponent is one-footed, might’ve easily anticipated the touch, turn and shot, but looks like Marriott can go either way.

38 minutes ago, JamboBCFC said:

Best thing watching the video is I wasn't sure until he took the penalty which was his stronger foot. Looks pretty clinical off both.

Thanks for the video @BobBobSuperBob

The one worry for me is price tag....and invariably Peterboro get the best of the deal. £3-4m sounds right, but you can bet McAnthony wants £5+.

Interesting that McAnthony specified the price was wrong, but left the rest open, suggests some truth in it.

However, he denied Peterborough being interested in one player, shortly before he was announced as signing for the the other day I believe. So not too sure whether anything should be read from it.

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Interesting that McAnthony specified the price was wrong, but left the rest open, suggests some truth in it.

However, he denied Peterborough being interested in one player, shortly before he was announced as signing for the the other day I believe. So not too sure whether anything should be read from it.

He likes a tease on twitter.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

He's said there's another outgoing transfer for them this week.

Hopefully that means we'll know one way or the other about Marriott soon.

Chris Forrester left them for Aberdeen 

Brett Pitman was a favourite of mine so I like the sound of a 'hard working Pitman'.

A natural finisher will score goals at any level if the service is there, though the marking in the Championship, and the improved goalkeeping, will obviously be a challenge to him.

Bit on the short side - 5'8" according to wiki - but still managed 4 headed goals so obviously adept at finding space in the box.

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

That’s how it sounds

He won't see much defending like that in the Championship, as Matty found, but natural poachers are hard to come by so well worth signing.

46 minutes ago, mozo said:

He won't see much defending like that in the Championship, as Matty found, but natural poachers are hard to come by so well worth signing.

Agree

And would be my major concern

Interesting you compare him to Taylor as they are not dissimilar IMHO (but Marriot looks to me a more accomplished finisher)

But , he’s looked a poacher / scorer since he first appeared at Luton and plenty like him have carried on scoring as they rise soma difficult call 

So annoying that we could have picked him up for £200-300k max from Luton when we signed Hinds and Bakinson :grr:

At 4/5 million a far more difficult call !!!!

6 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

So annoying that we could have picked him up for £200-300k max from Luton when we signed Hinds and Bakinson :grr:

At 4/5 million a far more difficult call !!!!

If we had signed him then he probably would've disappeared into the same black hole that seems to have swallowed their careers.

I'm still not convinced that we have given a lot of our recent signings a chance. Just go out and sign a load more that Lee decides not to play.

Maybe a little early to say that Hinds and Bakinson have fallen in to a black hole. Both players are 19 years old and are 4/5 years younger than Marriott.

Bakinson is heavily tipped to break through this season so perhaps we should reserve judgement before adding them to the list of LJ misdemeanours.

30 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

If we had signed him then he probably would've disappeared into the same black hole that seems to have swallowed their careers.

I'm still not convinced that we have given a lot of our recent signings a chance. Just go out and sign a load more that Lee decides not to play.

Nonsense! They’re 19, plenty of time yet...

19 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

wrong post quoted 

what are you talking about,

both signed as ones for the future both played in some cup games and both on the fringes of the first team,

who should we drop for them, Ried and Pack perhaps or maybe fammy and Brownhill?

52 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Go on then who do they come in and replace from the first team.

Archived