IGNORED

Jack Marriott signs for Derby (Merged)

Charlie BCFC

2 hours ago, Paul Turnip said:

But all you did was point out that different people have different opinions. Hardly ammunition, an inconsistancy or bullsh!t. Do you think everyone should have the same opinion? Or are you suggesting the same people are having opposing views?

To be honest - it’s a whole host of things, built up over time by series of posts and threads.

I believe there are people who are very unhappy with the way the club is run - fine.

I also believe there are people who look to scrutinise and criticise the club for every move made on and off the pitch - fine again - but sometimes you see inconsistencies in what people say as long as it suits their agenda.

And finally, i’m making the point (it was actually pretty tongue in cheek, but I appreciate it’s hard to see context/intention on the Internet, seeing the defensive reaction) that those who want the club to involve the fans more can see quite how divided we as bunch on are certain issues. 

Youre damned if you do, damned it you don’t. 

But NEVER once have I said people can’t have different opinions; so don’t know why that keeps being levelled at me. Anyone who has debated with me will know i’ll fiercely fight for my opinion, but I’m always open to others, even if I disagree because I appreciate football and BCFC mean different things to different people.  

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

Haven't we had Kodjia, Abraham and Reid since?

Yeah and Baldock would have been brilliant with Tammy or Kodjia IMO

2 minutes ago, brad blit said:

I would say he sounds like a direct replacement for Bobby. Hopefully Taylor can be sent as part of the deal as he’s not good enough at this level, and then we need 1 more small nippy striker to compete. 

I like Taylor and would be sad to see him go. Has something to offer imo so wouldn’t want to get rid unless he doesn’t want to be here, assuming BR is off

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I like Taylor and would be sad to see him go. Has something to offer imo so wouldn’t want to get rid unless he doesn’t want to be here, assuming BR is off

Agree with this.

He always seems to change the dynamic of the game when he comes on.

8 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Quite agree. Think we are in the slight minority but I really MT as a player and alongside that I also like the attitude and niggliness that MT brings to the team. He winds opposition players up and we don’t have many others like that in the team. Cracking sub at least if not a regular starter and certainly wouldn’t be looking to get rid. 

Just now, lenred said:

Quite agree. Think we are in the slight minority but I really MT as a player and alongside that I also like the attitude and niggliness that MT brings to the team. He winds opposition players up and we don’t have many others like that in the team. Cracking sub at least if not a regular starter and certainly wouldn’t be looking to get rid. 

It’s that unglamorous off the ball stuff that he does that make us a better threat when he’s on the pitch. Exactly the same as what SB did and what we’ve not had since. 

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

Exactly the reason I like him aswell, I actually think him and Marriott would be a good partnership together

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It’s that unglamorous off the ball stuff that he does that make us a better threat when he’s on the pitch. Exactly the same as what SB did and what we’ve not had since. 

I love watching him. He doesn’t stop when he’s on, constantly pulling, pushing, shoving, standing on opposition toes - just being a bloody nuisance basically. But the bloke can definitely play as well. See the assist in the cup v MU as an obvious example. 

2 minutes ago, otib118 said:

Exactly the reason I like him aswell, I actually think him and Marriott would be a good partnership together

Don’t know anything about Marriott at all mate but I’d certainly be in favour of MT getting more game time next year. Be good to find him a good foil. 

22 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Ditto , more to come from him for sure if now fit , if Marriott comes in its because Bobby on the way for sure 

52 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

From a posh fan:

Really quick, doesn't stop running, someone who will run in behind, but can also hold the ball up. He missed quite a lot of one on one's for us, but still scored over 30 goals last season. I think he's better with a strike partner, but played a lot as a lone striker. I'm sure he'll get 15+ goals if he plays regularly

Sounds a bit like Baldock to me, a player who we’ve never replaced and who we’ve missed ever since. 

Is this the same Baldock who we sold after 4 games (during which he had failed to score a single goal) and we went on to secure promotion, storming the division and scoring 96 goals in the process?

The same Baldock whose highest ever total at Championship level is 11 goals, and who has scored the grand total of 18 league goals in the 4 seasons since he left AG?

We haven't ever missed Baldock one bit, an extremely over rated player who has had a very fortuitous career considering his mediocre talent.

I trust Marriott will be on a different level altogether to Baldock should he end up at AG.

52 minutes ago, ooRya said:

Agree with this.

Agree I don't think we have the squad to just keep replacing like for like, same with mangners.

We had really bad injury problems this year that really hampered the season we need a squad with depth, when we get injuries we had to play players well out of position. Build a squad not just a team!!

57 minutes ago, ooRya said:

Agree with this.

And he’s a nasty little ******. Always good especially if one of the opposing CB’s in on a yellow. Good at ‘getting in the ear’ of opponents.

Proper lad and snake.

Would like Taylor to stay and would score more goals if given a good run of starts. He’s a goal scorer and menace, simple as. 

Taylor being nasty to play against is all well and good but his goal return is pitiful. If reid does go,  then diedhou is the only forward we have left with any kind of goal threat cause taylor and engvall would be lucky to get 5 between them next season. 

If marriott signs then the pressure will be on him from the first minute of the season thanks to that 6 game ban. 

And clearly if marriott signs, we should still be looking to move engvall and taylor out and bring at least one more striker in, if not 2, depending on what the clubs plans are for hinds and mccoulskey

Pretty pleased that this looks a goer, even with the 4-6m price tag (it's the Championship in 2018 people).

Let's hope he either hits the ground running if he signs, or he gets afforded time one of our academy lads would get before the boo boys (especially those around me in the Dolman) get on his back.

4 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Stats show Grealish only actually started 19 games for Villa this season so I feel you're exaggerating his influence.

You're going on name and reputation plus a few games you've seen ( where I concede he can appear outstanding) but for consistency over a season, and all round contribution to results, BR beats him hands down.

I presuming that, as I’m according to you going on reputation and a few games alone, you’re basing your judgement on something more?

I’m not actually commenting on Grealish being better or more value than Bobby, apart from the fact they’re different types of players, just that I believe using stats alone to judge that is pointless.

FWIW - Grealish may have only had 19 appearances, he needed to sort his attitude and form out, but when he did, I think you’ll find the bulk of his appearances came as he found form and Villa’s season began to turn around from the poor start. I don’t think many would disagree he was pretty pivotal to Villa’s promotion push - and the footballing attributes he has, if found consistently don’t come cheap. 

But I’m sure both he and Bobby will get a big move this summer, so I guess the experts will show us this summer which player they think is more valuable and has greater potential at the top of the game.  

Archived