IGNORED

Jack Marriott signs for Derby (Merged)

Charlie BCFC

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

That’s what I call a decent bit of evidence. Is there any more?

Brum based journo said he believes he's coming here, Posh paper reporting Bet Victor stopped the book on where Marriott is going due to a large amount of money going on him to join us. MacAnthony (Posh Chairman) responding to a tweet with rumoured price to us and not denying he was coming to us, just the price tag.

He's definitely signed for someone (said 'thanks' to Tyrone Mings in a tweet) and we're the only club that has been linked with any substance.

Basically, welcome to the greatest city in the world Jack   :thumbsup:

Think this one is done.

I'm pretty excited about this one. Someone I watch on YouTube who makes Football Manager videos is a Posh fan, often speaks about the club, did their matchday announcing one time in fact. Always speaks so highly of Marriott, and from the stats and videos that have been posted here, he looks the part. Obviously there's risk in any deal but I'd love to see him in a City shirt.

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

Brum based journo said he believes he's coming here, Posh paper reporting Bet Victor stopped the book on where Marriott is going due to a large amount of money going on him to join us. MacAnthony (Posh Chairman) responding to a tweet with rumoured price to us and not denying he was coming to us, just the price tag.

He's definitely signed for someone (said 'thanks' to Tyrone Mings in a tweet) and we're the only club that has been linked with any substance.

Think this one is done.

Leeds interst has been whispered around the W Yorkshire media, no definite evidence that he hasn't signed for them.

If we have signed him then it's surely a replacement for Bobby.

1 hour ago, Alessandro said:

To be honest - it’s a whole host of things, built up over time by series of posts and threads.

I believe there are people who are very unhappy with the way the club is run - fine.

I also believe there are people who look to scrutinise and criticise the club for every move made on and off the pitch - fine again - but sometimes you see inconsistencies in what people say as long as it suits their agenda.

And finally, i’m making the point (it was actually pretty tongue in cheek, but I appreciate it’s hard to see context/intention on the Internet, seeing the defensive reaction) that those who want the club to involve the fans more can see quite how divided we as bunch on are certain issues. 

Youre damned if you do, damned it you don’t. 

But NEVER once have I said people can’t have different opinions; so don’t know why that keeps being levelled at me. Anyone who has debated with me will know i’ll fiercely fight for my opinion, but I’m always open to others, even if I disagree because I appreciate football and BCFC mean different things to different people.  

Yeah that's fair enough. Tbh I was just responding to how I read that one particular post - meaning we can't group our supporters one minute and seperate them the next.

Just to be clear wasn't accusing you of not letting people have differenet opinions - it just seemed to conflict the point you were making - appreciate the context may have been lost!! But, yes agree, an opinion is one thing, and when it can be substantiated with reason then I think most will respect it even if they disagree - but working backwards from an agenda is dishonest and I agree it seems to happen all too often on here.

Also, I think the "moaner" v "happy clapper" situation creates a picture of fan division. I think these extremes are the minority tbh and most of us can see that the reality lies somewhere in the midde. I hope so anyway!

15 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Think this one is done.

Seems this is what swayed the betting market, can't be a big market you'd think.

4 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

IF we're letting Taylor go, aren't we still a striker short once Bobby leaves?

Famara / Milan

Marriott / ?????

Hinds and McCoulsky aren't ready I assume?

Who knows, maybe Sweden's mystery man might come good?

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I miss Sam Baldock in the same way I miss being in the same division as Swindon Town.

Meanwhile he’s been part of a promotion winning squad while we’ve done nothing. Would improve our team without a shadow of a doubt. 

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Is this the same Baldock who we sold after 4 games (during which he had failed to score a single goal) and we went on to secure promotion, storming the division and scoring 96 goals in the process?

The same Baldock whose highest ever total at Championship level is 11 goals, and who has scored the grand total of 18 league goals in the 4 seasons since he left AG?

We haven't ever missed Baldock one bit, an extremely over rated player who has had a very fortuitous career considering his mediocre talent.

I trust Marriott will be on a different level altogether to Baldock should he end up at AG.

We’ve been over it a million times and we’ll never agree on him. That’s cool. 

Chris Hughton knew better though. 

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

Meanwhile he’s been part of a promotion winning squad while we’ve done nothing. Would improve our team without a shadow of a doubt. 

Dave Richards was part of our promotion winning squad? Would you have him back to replace Franky? 

Archived