IGNORED

Jack Marriott signs for Derby (Merged)

Charlie BCFC

5 hours ago, JonDolman said:

The only thing the stats prove is he has not scored as many for Brighton as he did for us. Doesn't mean he couldn't have in a different system. And his lack of goals doesn't prove he played badly. Managers use players in different ways. Maybe his role was not to just score goals at Brighton, but to be more of a team player. 

In his first season for them they played him left wing iirc and then got injured!

2 hours ago, swanker said:

That’s an understatement. Some people can’t have anything better to do than post unfunny comments on here. 

Some people can’t have anything better to do than spend time complaining about them! Some comments may be unfunny, but 90% of the speculation in the transfer section  is rubbish. Nobody with any sense who really wanted to know what was happening regarding transfers would read the forum. It’s a form of entertainment. Don’t mock the jokes, as Martin Luther King jr said:

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted.”

4 hours ago, swanker said:

That’s an understatement. Some people can’t have anything better to do than post unfunny comments on here. 

Not just unfunny but rehashed from about 7 years ago. If anyone on here seriously thinks that any reference to the gorge hotel / Alan curbishley etc is funny then go have a good hard stare in that mirror lads . Your life has no purpose :disapointed2se:

17 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

I hope if we are  in for this lad then we can match what forest and leeds can pay him. if not then we should not waste our time and move onto players we can afford. I know its the off season but Mark Ashton is very quiet. 

How often do we ever beat the likes of Forest or Leeds in a battle to sign a player. As soon as you see that you can be pretty sure we will lose out. I presume the foreign market is where we would look again.

I think this is a load of Bull would Barry Fry really come out and say which club a player favours it sounds like fake news to me. Iam still looking on the positives his old physio at Ipswich congratulated him and hash-tagged BCFC. He seemed to fly out of Malaga earlier this week (Hopefully to Lulsgate) returning to Mijas a day later to carry on his Holiday so fingers x'd he's coming to BS3   

2 minutes ago, westonred said:

I think this is a load of Bull would Barry Fry really come out and say which club a player favours it sounds like fake news to me. Iam still looking on the positives his old physio at Ipswich congratulated him and hash-tagged BCFC. He seemed to fly out of Malaga earlier this week (Hopefully to Lulsgate) returning to Mijas a day later to carry on his Holiday so fingers x'd he's coming to BS3   

Let’s hope so . :fingerscrossed:

9 minutes ago, westonred said:

yes he does, fry and petterborough tend to do their business in public so I expect they are fav

14 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

Fry and DM should sell used cars. Jesus they love all this garbage don’t they.

Exactly this

Look at the quotes 

8 Clubs interested

Havnt received acceptable bid yer

They areconducting an auction andusing the media to try and get Clubs to panic

Im meh about this one - if we think hesup to Championship then fine but not sure I’d be devastated if we miss out

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Exactly this

Look at the quotes 

8 Clubs interested

Havnt received acceptable bid yer

They areconducting an auction andusing the media to try and get Clubs to panic

Im meh about this one - if we think hesup to Championship then fine but not sure I’d be devastated if we miss out

Exactly. This isnt pele we are talking about here, 6 million for a slightly uprated version of matty taylor doesnt sound great to me, especially as lj and ashtons track record doesnt exactly inspire confidence.... kodjia and reid were here when they arrived, leaving tammy as the one real shining light that they have brought in.

and the evidence from people who are in football circles like mings who are quoting #bcfc in their tweets (btw **** ‘tweets’ and whoever thought up that crap name to appeal to 6 year olds), would appear to be a more reliable source than the evening post or any other news outlet, so im not jumping off a bridge cause of this deal collapsing just yet. There is the usual sense though of the usual frenzy building up on here, desparate for some kind of news update.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I like the look of Marriott but at £3-4m....not £6.5m.

I think Fry is trying to drum up a bidding war, but most clubs out there know how Peterboro operate....however they do get good money for their players.

True, I think he is over priced, but we have to pay over the odds because 'of our history', if he can get 20 goals then all well and good, but it is a big step up from league 1.

Getting bored of all this now. Zero activity from city. No kit still, no sales, no purchases despite all the links in and out. Absolutely nothing coming out of the club.

this Marriott nonsense is getting boring now as well. Rather us not waste a big chunk of our budget on a player unproven in championship. Probably worth 3 mill tops.

anyone have any idea why there is bugger all going on at the club? The only thing to have happened is Magnussen's sale and I don't even think that's been announced officially by the club. Where are the sales of engvall et al? Contract situations regarding Reid and Bryan or their subsequent sales? Players linked to like Henderson, McQueen etc?

just nothing and it's bloody annoying given the window has been open since 17th May! Grrrrr

3 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

Getting bored of all this now. Zero activity from city. No kit still, no sales, no purchases despite all the links in and out. Absolutely nothing coming out of the club.

this Marriott nonsense is getting boring now as well. Rather us not waste a big chunk of our budget on a player unproven in championship. Probably worth 3 mill tops.

anyone have any idea why there is bugger all going on at the club? The only thing to have happened is Magnussen's sale and I don't even think that's been announced officially by the club. Where are the sales of engvall et al? Contract situations regarding Reid and Bryan or their subsequent sales? Players linked to like Henderson, McQueen etc?

just nothing and it's bloody annoying given the window has been open since 17th May! Grrrrr

Most players on holiday still.  Lots of players that might cause a chain reaction / domino effect are with their countries.

Everyone wants to get their business done early, but few will.  Gonna be a bad panic imho.

1 minute ago, BOSRed said:

Its the close season and those involved are taking their holidays. Not just at City but the entire EFL. Nothing will happen until players, agents are back at work 

See above!

See above!

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Most players on holiday still.  Lots of players that might cause a chain reaction / domino effect are with their countries.

Everyone wants to get their business done early, but few will.  Gonna be a bad panic imho.

EZ Mark Ashtonotron5000 

cam you chuck in a spider web & some synergy 

Zero public activity from City as we rightly don’t conduct our business through the media.

Its the same every year, players contracts often don’t end until the end of the month so that’s when announcements tend to be made, Players wait until their agents have the best deal so we can’t determine the timescale. Plenty being worked on I’m sure and no need to panic.

15 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

It’s June the 8th. The season has just finished. Do you really think nothing is happening just because the club haven’t said anything?

Recently we’ve been very, very good at keeping things under wraps until the deals are done or all but done.

8 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Zero public activity from City as we rightly don’t conduct our business through the media.

Its the same every year, players contracts often don’t end until the end of the month so that’s when announcements tend to be made, Players wait until their agents have the best deal so we can’t determine the timescale. Plenty being worked on I’m sure and no need to panic.

It's still amazes me that sooo many posters just don't seem to get it................:facepalm:

Archived