IGNORED

Jack Marriott signs for Derby (Merged)

Charlie BCFC

25 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

To be honest, @Henry is just repeating whats been posted on a few Facebook groups and from the outside it looks pretty realistic.

However I doubt the club would put a twitter post about a signing on twitter for a minute then take it down... 

I didn’t get a notification so guess it’s a clever fake.

On 13/06/2018 at 18:45, JBFC II said:

To be honest, @Henry is just repeating whats been posted on a few Facebook groups and from the outside it looks pretty realistic.

However I doubt the club would put a twitter post about a signing on twitter for a minute then take it down... 

If you look at the URL structure its of the old site from over two years ago that went along the lines of http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/articles/bobbyreidsignsforwba/ whereas now its http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/bobbyreidsignsforwba/ 

13 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

So is this dead then? 12 pages and all of a sudden the speculation has stopped and nobody is mentioning him anymore. What have I missed?

Really wanted this one to happen. 

Perhaps we got cheesed off with Posh playing their usual games via the media and Twitter?

Or we aren't keen to pay the £6.5m they allegedly want?

Or we are keeping things quiet as we usually do?

It may not be a dead deal, though I'm not convinced we will sign a striker, other than on loan perhaps.

I imagine there will be news either way when pre-season training starts next week. :fingerscrossed:

55 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Perhaps we got cheesed off with Posh playing their usual games via the media and Twitter?

Hope so

Or we aren't keen to pay the £6.5m they allegedly want?

I think that’s too steep, so he goes back in the funnel imho

Or we are keeping things quiet as we usually do?

Probably.  It’s likely we inquired, and that triggered Fry to start banding around fees and other clubs.

It may not be a dead deal, though I'm not convinced we will sign a striker, other than on loan perhaps.

I’m beginning to think this too, especially with us now appealing Fammy’s ban.  I wonder whether we’ve sought legal advice and that has come back that it’s got no evidence.

I imagine there will be news either way when pre-season training starts next week. :fingerscrossed:

On 21/06/2018 at 19:33, Dastardly and Muttley said:

He’s on holiday, hasn’t returned yet so nothing’s been announced?

Sounded like us, Brum or Forest before his holiday, Forest’s bankrolling may help us as he’s not Portuguese!

Still think there’s life in this one.  

Thought I would rekindle this one as Forest seem to be after Bamford and Grabban, Leeds are after Vydra, Derby allegedly after Bobby and Brum are supposedly skint.

Maybe, just maybe, the field is clearing a bit?

Derby in for Marriott now, forest still favourites. All moves hinder on one making first move then the rest will follow. Or nothing will happen at all.... Can't see us getting Marriott as we are never favoured choice for popular higher profile targets.

i really am concerned by the state we could be left in come the end of the window. Bryan, Reid and flint gone, and I can't imagine we would replace with anyone that is equal or better.

that would suggest we are looking at bottom half of table this coming season as a reasonable finish. A large amount of our goals will be gone by Reid and flint leaving and defensive solidity will be even less so without flint and Bryan.

there has been no noise of any real quality targets lined up, although I appreciate keeping things quiet is important. If Watkins as a squad signing is a sign of things to come, I'm a little concerned.

should we not be out there putting our eggs in baskets showing people our intentions to compete al la forest? And speaking of forest, how have they suddenly become the leagues galacticos spending vast wealth of money? Do they not abide by ffp rules like the rest? I'm sure last time I looked they don't get parachute payments...

1 hour ago, BOSRed said:

Derby in for Marriott now, forest still favourites. All moves hinder on one making first move then the rest will follow. Or nothing will happen at all.... Can't see us getting Marriott as we are never favoured choice for popular higher profile targets.

i really am concerned by the state we could be left in come the end of the window. Bryan, Reid and flint gone, and I can't imagine we would replace with anyone that is equal or better.

that would suggest we are looking at bottom half of table this coming season as a reasonable finish. A large amount of our goals will be gone by Reid and flint leaving and defensive solidity will be even less so without flint and Bryan.

there has been no noise of any real quality targets lined up, although I appreciate keeping things quiet is important. If Watkins as a squad signing is a sign of things to come, I'm a little concerned.

should we not be out there putting our eggs in baskets showing people our intentions to compete al la forest? And speaking of forest, how have they suddenly become the leagues galacticos spending vast wealth of money? Do they not abide by ffp rules like the rest? I'm sure last time I looked they don't get parachute payments...

already discussed on my Forest bankrolled thread, look it up I asked the same question some good replies. (page 3 football chat).

7 hours ago, BOSRed said:

None of us have the first clue what is going on behind the scenes. Basing your opinion of our transfer policy on gossip is akin to believing the HG Wells version of the moon landings over the real thing.

25 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

None of us have the first clue what is going on behind the scenes. Basing your opinion of our transfer policy on gossip is akin to believing the HG Wells version of the moon landings over the real thing.

You mean to say HG Wells version wasn't real ? 

Here is a genuine photo of the first ever moon landing. Try telling me it's a fake . :disapointed2se:

IMG_0293.JPG

9 hours ago, BOSRed said:

I would take the Derby interest with a pinch of salt. Their chairman has stated that they need to sell to buy and the press are going to link them with anyone with a decent price tag and a bit of profile. I think they're much more likely to get in some high profile prem loans, perhaps spending money at the back end of the window if the sums add up.

I think people need to chill out RE: signings. World Cup years are always slow and I'm sure we'll see new faces through the door in the coming weeks

10 hours ago, BOSRed said:

You seem to equate quality signings with paying big fees for obvious targets. The club, I’m sure, sees bargains as quality signings - eg rather than Marriott for £5M, we seem likely to get Adelakun for £0.5M. That seems like a better deal.

8 hours ago, Leveller said:

You seem to equate quality signings with paying big fees for obvious targets. The club, I’m sure, sees bargains as quality signings - eg rather than Marriott for £5M, we seem likely to get Adelakun for £0.5M. That seems like a better deal.

Better deal financially.  We will have to see on the pitch.  I actually agree with you though.

Not saying we shouldn’t try to compete with the big boys in the Champ, but when we are in for the same players the fee and wages is going to start to get disproportionate to the player we are getting.

Marriott imho, good player, Good price at £3m....not £5.5-6.5m.

Archived