IGNORED

Jack Marriott signs for Derby (Merged)

Charlie BCFC

2 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Plan B was the bigguns up top and launch it. Very non league. 

Selling Flint makes that plan b a bit more difficult to do!

Yes but plan B also included keeping the biggun up front after you get the lead for goal difference purposes presumably we will use our defenders to now defend a lead instead of add to it because they are smaller :laughcont:

13 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Plan B was the bigguns up top and launch it. Very non league. 

Selling Flint makes that plan b a bit more difficult to do!

We'd need plan C then for when Christmas comes around and he's off doing panto for 6 weeks.

48 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yes but plan B also included keeping the biggun up front after you get the lead for goal difference purposes presumably we will use our defenders to now defend a lead instead of add to it because they are smaller :laughcont:

Yep this too! :facepalm:

1 minute ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

If he doesn't sign soon does that mean he is waiting to see if Derby step up? If that is the case let's move on, if we aren't his first choice then we don't want him.

I havent got a massive problem if we arent his first choice. But if he drags his heels too much and comes down here for talks with a strop on i would say thanks but no thanks.

33 minutes ago, Midred said:

But even so, "Lampard's Derby"! 

It has to be said that many players of his stature have proven utterly inept in management roles  (e.g. Roy Keane, Paul Ince, both Neville Brothers, Alan Shearer, Tony Adams, John Barnes etc). It is probably the case that more players of his reputation fail at management than succeed. 

"Lampard's Derby" may only be the case for a few months. 

51 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

I havent got a massive problem if we arent his first choice. But if he drags his heels too much and comes down here for talks with a strop on i would say thanks but no thanks.

Like GJ said to that former sag (whose name escapes me )." You've had your say, now it's my turn.there's the door, close it behind you!"

3 minutes ago, cityal said:

It has to be said that many players of his stature have proven utterly inept in management roles  (e.g. Roy Keane, Paul Ince, both Neville Brothers, Alan Shearer, Tony Adams, John Barnes etc). It is probably the case that more players of his reputation fail at management than succeed. 

"Lampard's Derby" may only be the case for a few months. 

I'm surprised clubs don't formally change their names when they appoint a famous ex player because he's, you know, famous.

1 hour ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

If he doesn't sign soon does that mean he is waiting to see if Derby step up? If that is the case let's move on, if we aren't his first choice then we don't want him.

More likely Barry Fry wanting Derby to get involved . A bidding war drives up the fee and Bazzer gets a bigger cut of a bigger fee.

Know someone who was involved with Matthew Etherington when he was at Posh. Spurs wanted him when he was 17 , but Fry wouldn't agree the deal because he knew that if he held on to him for another year or so the fee would then be much higher. 

9 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Caw i remember him. Lightning quick and scored at the gate once after dancing around phillips!

A shoe in for Strictly this year then!

I’m with @JoeAman08 on this.  If I could get Marriott for £4m, great, if we’re talking £5m, £6m, now £7m, I would be passing.

No problem if it was £4m with £3m add-ons, e.g. £1m for 20 goals, £2m for promotion, that sort of thing.

There has got to be a point where you pull out of an auction, definitely where Peterborough are the auctioneer.

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m with @JoeAman08 on this.  If I could get Marriott for £4m, great, if we’re talking £5m, £6m, now £7m, I would be passing.

No problem if it was £4m with £3m add-ons, e.g. £1m for 20 goals, £2m for promotion, that sort of thing.

There has got to be a point where you pull out of an auction, definitely where Peterborough are the auctioneer.

Would be interesting to know who our other targets are though. Can Knighty shed any light on that from his contacts?

Now Reid has gone, other clubs will know we’ve got money burning a hole in our pocket. That’ll make it difficult, certainly in the UK where young talent comes at a high cost even before that is taken into account, to get value for money.

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Fry won’t go along with that. He’s a grubby Second-hand car salesman, not a gullible buyer.

22 hours ago, RedRoss said:

Calm down dear. 

Remember when you had a mare the other week and starting slinging shit in every direction? You had to tell yourself off and logged off for a few days. 

We wouldn't want a stroppy tantrum again.. Would we? :yawn:

23 hours ago, Leveller said:

You may well be right, but can you at least try to resist biting with the insults whenever anybody disagrees with you?

It leaves a sour taste every time.

22 hours ago, pommers65 said:

put him on ignore....i have

21 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Bob.

I’ve never argued with you.

And tbh, although I disagree with a lot of your output, I respect your right to say it. 

But, FFS, why do you want to start fights all the time?

TBH I have thought of putting you on ignore for that sole reason.

If you’re as informed and as intelligent as you claim/look to be why waste the time?

It demeans you. Either by indicating you know jack shit (which I don’t think is the case), or by indicating you’re a stroppy teen (which I’m sure isn’t the case)

Basically, calm the **** down. You’ll live longer, and might even enjoy it

20 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

Always the same person at the centre of every flare up...

Just realised the common demonitaor (Or should I say one of them)

Ahhh yes - big and quick with views as a self appointed forum Police posse 

but ................ too tight to find a whole fiver to support the actual running of the forum 

:whistle2:

:yawn:

just saying like ......

43 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

but ................ too tight to find a whole fiver to support the actual running of the forum 

just saying like ......

Did it really take you 20 hours to come up with that? You’re losing your edge Robert.

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

just saying like ......

Come on BBSB. You’re better than this 

Stop bitching FFS people please, you're better than this. If you want to carry on, do it via PM will you?

Normally, like most, I'm pretty laid back and enjoy a bit of banter but when I see a load of new posts on this thread, I hope to read that we've agreed a fee or something, not this drivel.

Thanks.

10 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Stop bitching FFS people please, you're better than this. If you want to carry on, do it via PM will you?

Normally, like most, I'm pretty laid back and enjoy a bit of banter but when I see a load of new posts on this thread, I hope to read that we've agreed a fee or something, not this drivel.

Thanks.

It’s a shame. And as much as like BBSB posts . It’s seems to be getting out of hand. And I have ****** up a few times. 

4 hours ago, downendcity said:

More likely Barry Fry wanting Derby to get involved . A bidding war drives up the fee and Bazzer gets a bigger cut of a bigger fee.

Know someone who was involved with Matthew Etherington when he was at Posh. Spurs wanted him when he was 17 , but Fry wouldn't agree the deal because he knew that if he held on to him for another year or so the fee would then be much higher. 

I think we are talking to Peterborough regarding Marriott but if they or the player don’t want to know than don’t hang it out , if you look at the stats , goals per minute etc would be worth going for someone like Lewis  Grabban , from all accounts 5 million or less for a proven championship Goalscorer , maybe be 30 but few years left and that much needed experience 

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Thanks.

@BobBobSuperBob's not available by PM.

If he was I'd be advising him to stop rising to the bait, enlarge his ignore list asap, and confine his comments to BCFC matters where imo. he's a fine poster who makes a very valuable contribution to the forum.

Let's not forget we're all on here for one reason, and one reason only - to talk about BCFC -  so if there are personal clashes it's up to Bob, and others, to make full use of the ignore facility so we have less squabbling and can all concentrate on talking about City.

7 hours ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

Held face to face talks with our club representatives today, not been told how they've gone but I'm hopeful. He's interested.

Archived