IGNORED

Jack Marriott signs for Derby (Merged)

Charlie BCFC

20 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

This may be a game of bluff. Peterborough, City and and other clubs interested in him just waiting to see who cracks first. Peterborough, who want to sell, or a buying club who is desperate to sign someone. Things get crazy at the end of the window 

I think if we were gonna spend £5-6m on Marriott we’d want to do it fairly early in the window so as to integrate him through pre-season.

I may be totally wrong, but I think this ship has sailed.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think if we were gonna spend £5-6m on Marriott we’d want to do it fairly early in the window so as to integrate him through pre-season.

I agree, if we were going to sign him then I think we'd have done so by now. Us not saying we've given up on him may well be a good smokescreen for being in for someone else.

31 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I'm inclined to agree Dave. It's a pity as he looks a real talent and just what we need.

Let's hope we're wrong eh!

35 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

This may be a game of bluff. Peterborough, City and and other clubs interested in him just waiting to see who cracks first. Peterborough, who want to sell, or a buying club who is desperate to sign someone. Things get crazy at the end of the window 

Quite right! 9 times out of 10 it's a game of cat and mouse. We could have offered 5M and Peterborough have said he's yours for 6M. Do you come back and say last offer 5.5M when they would have got back and said ok 5M then i.e. they cracked first.

If LJ thought he was that good why quibble, pay the fee, pay the wages and it's over the line, done, before we lose out, but the seller want's top dollar i.e. the same as us with selling Bobby and Flinty, and us wanting to get our players in as cheap as possible. Other clubs know we've got a wedge of cash now which isn't going to help.

If my memory recalls we lost out on signing Kevin Davies many many years ago from Chesterfield (I think) because we wouldn't budge on our offer (I think we were about 100 grand off what they wanted!) We also missed out on Lee Hughes by about 50 grand from Kidderminster was it?

Some you win some you lose :yes:

We've had some good one's over the years, Walshy 18G from Darlington, Carl Shutt was quite cheap, Tinman a steal from Bradford (180G) Shaun Taylor 100G, Super Bob to name a few. Then we've had some shockers, Lee Peacock 600G, Dave Clarkson 800G, Engvall :angry:

36 minutes ago, Sniper said:

If my memory recalls we lost out on signing Kevin Davies many many years ago from Chesterfield (I think) because we wouldn't budge on our offer (I think we were about 100 grand off what they wanted!)

I thought we had agreed a deal, then he scored a hat-trick on TV in the FA Cup and his price suddenly shot up out of our range?

36 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Then we've had some shockers, Lee Peacock 600G

Lee Peacock was a decent striker for us, top scorer for at least one season. He would have been better if not for some of his 'lifestyle' choices, but that was a general problem throughout the Wilson side it seemed.

39 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yep think you might be right. Wouldn't be surprised if the forward we get is Eisa.

You'd imagine we may well have an unofficial first refusal on Eisa, i.e. if Cheltenham get an acceptable bid we'll get to know about it quickly and given the opportunity to match or beat it.

If LJ wants Eisa it's very likely he'll be a City player imo.

This has shown its face over on Twitter, probably bollocks but we live in hope

Agent Uncle Sam @agentunclesam
FollowFollow @agentunclesam
More

Due to prolonged negotiations Forest are no longer in for Marriott. Bristol City now heavy favourites, the Reid departure will allow City to splash the cash. Deal could be done this week. #bcfc

2 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

More

Due to prolonged negotiations Forest are no longer in for Marriott. Bristol City now heavy favourites, the Reid departure will allow City to splash the cash. Deal could be done this week. #bcfc

Pinch of salt but maybe something in it.

Marriott and Eisa in with McCoulsky having a season's loan at Cheltenham perhaps?

7 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

More

Can anyone give me a ' pinch of salt ' ? 

16 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

More

275 followers on Twitter only talking about forest also said Vydra had gone for 13 million to leeds 5 days ago says to me its another spotty kid copying what he sees on HITC

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

If we can't get Marriot, I'd love us to look at Nakhi Wells. I had read he was available this summer for around 5m. Had a tough time with injuries last year at Burnley. Proven goalscorer, and although his wages would be relatively high for us I think he'd be worth it.

Would undoubtedly improve us and at that money worth the risk if his injury problems are behind him. 

2 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

So LJ has said he's brought in Weimann primarily as a striker. That looks like the end of this then, unless it's a bluff.

yep, totally agree.  Good money - £2m.  Much bigger gamble for Marriott.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Webster - £3.5m (£8m addons)....our second biggest signing ever.

Of course the definition of big money is open to debate.

It is when you are Steve Lansdown!

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Webster - £3.5m (£8m addons)....our second biggest signing ever.

Of course the definition of big money is open to debate.

Here's the definition you are looking for.....

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Forest signing Lewis Grabban

Archived