IGNORED

Jack Marriott signs for Derby (Merged)

Charlie BCFC

1 minute ago, downendcity said:

Here's the definition you are looking for.....

The same Lewis Grabban that terminated his loan deal at Sunderland on the premise that he wanted a permanent move, only to sign on loan again days later, as the reality was he just didn’t want to play in a relegation fight?

Sounds exactly the sort of character we should spend a lot of money on. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Rumour has it.....suspect the biggest chunk of that promotion, and then probably something based on appearances (due to injuries).

Read that quite a proportion is on appearances and should ‘quickly rise to initial 5m ‘ (I guess a largish payment after 30/40 or 50appearances (Something like that) when he’s proved his fitness , with another 3m based on appearances , promotion etc etc

36 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Bit of a gamble Johnson thinking he can turn Weimann into an effective goalscoring central striker. When Lambert at Villa, Rowett and McLaren at Derby have all played him on the wing. If we are sticking with the 4411/442 of last season then Id go with Paterson in behind Diedhiou. We were saying last season how we love seeing Paterson in behind the striker. Well now Bobby has gone, he has to play there surely. Weimann nowhere near as good on the ball. Pato is unplayable when on form. Lets not forget about Matty Taylor too. Very good option with Diedhiou. He was superb in the cup games in that role. If he wasn't fit all last season like Johnson  says, then maybe he is a better player than what we have seen, and he still  has an important role in the squad. I think maybe us buying Marriott now depends on whether Johnson wants to keep Taylor or not. I think Weimann might get a number of games but in various roles depending on players fitness and availability. I expect he will play as the main striker in those first 6 league games if we don't bring in another forward.

he's better on the ball then pato and is an all round better player he also said himself that he likes to play centrally it's not Johnson thinking he knows better its a player stating his best position

17 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Read that quite a proportion is on appearances and should ‘quickly rise to initial 5m ‘ (I guess a largish payment after 30/40 or 50appearances (Something like that) when he’s proved his fitness , with another 3m based on appearances , promotion etc etc

Thanks Bob....think we are doing good business on paper....and early in the window up against many clubs.  Appears we aren’t waiting on the World Cup domino / spiders web / chain reaction effect to take hold, which would be a dangerous game.

A theoretical ‘plus’ as it stands.

Eff knows where Forest are getting their money from?  Better hope they gel.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Thanks Bob....think we are doing good business on paper....and early in the window up against many clubs.  Appears we aren’t waiting on the World Cup domino / spiders web / chain reaction effect to take hold, which would be a dangerous game.

Going for broke like villa.

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The mystery of the summer £15m on a Portuguese player :blink:

Despite the sale of Burke , Assombalonga they have had  a big turnover in players in last few seasons which tends to be expensive

Despite the explanations of FFP on here I remain confused how this is even feasible within FFP for Forest 

FWIW I’ll take Weimann over Grabban all day long 

9 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Same result hopefully! I’d be genuinely uncomfortable if that were my club. Probably fun at the time but such high risk. 

Amazing how many "fans" want that though, especially with a billionaire owner.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Or preferably not . 

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

The mystery of the summer £15m on a Portuguese player :blink:

Despite the sale of Burke , Assombalonga they have had  a big turnover in players in last few seasons which tends to be expensive

Despite the explanations of FFP on here I remain confused how this is even feasible within FFP for Forest 

FWIW I’ll take Weimann over Grabban all day long 

Think there was some speculation about this recently on here BOB.

The suggestion was that not being able to spend on transfers because of the embargo they have been under, Forest have a margin to play with when it comes to accumulated losses over the 3 year period. The argument was made that if this is the case, then it makes a mockery of the financial rules as it effectively puts Forest in a stronger position now than the clubs that have not previously transgressed.

I'm not sure if this is in fact the case , and it could just be a new, wealthy owner thinking he can "buy" promotion and worry about the financial consequences when he has the premier league riches coming in, as was the case at Villa!

1 minute ago, downendcity said:

Think there was some speculation about this recently on here BOB.

The suggestion was that not being able to spend on transfers because of the embargo they have been under, Forest have a margin to play with when it comes to accumulated losses over the 3 year period. The argument was made that if this is the case, then it makes a mockery of the financial rules as it effectively puts Forest in a stronger position now than the clubs that have not previously transgressed.

I'm not sure if this is in fact the case , and it could just be a new, wealthy owner thinking he can "buy" promotion and worry about the financial consequences when he has the premier league riches coming in, as was the case at Villa!

Thanks

Would make sense

Well ...... not sense but ......!,

This is the only tfr I was really excited about, the others - well some look promising, but Marriott just looked class and I was already picturing him smashing them in for us everyone going into airplane mode celebrations.....

Hypothetically.. if we had a budget of 7m to spend, which of these would you rather we did?

Spend £5-6m on Marriot and then £1m on a promising but not finished article centre midfielder like Ryan Ledson

Or

Spend £5-6m on a proven centre midfielder (someone like Norwood/Ryan Woods) and then spend £1m on Eisa who may require time to adapt to the level 

Think i’d lean towards the second option now personally 

7 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Bit of a gamble Johnson thinking he can turn Weimann into an effective goalscoring central striker. When Lambert at Villa, Rowett and McLaren at Derby have all played him on the wing. If we are sticking with the 4411/442 of last season then Id go with Paterson in behind Diedhiou. We were saying last season how we love seeing Paterson in behind the striker. Well now Bobby has gone, he has to play there surely. Weimann nowhere near as good on the ball. Pato is unplayable when on form. Lets not forget about Matty Taylor too. Very good option with Diedhiou. He was superb in the cup games in that role. If he wasn't fit all last season like Johnson  says, then maybe he is a better player than what we have seen, and he still  has an important role in the squad. I think maybe us buying Marriott now depends on whether Johnson wants to keep Taylor or not. I think Weimann might get a number of games but in various roles depending on players fitness and availability. I expect he will play as the main striker in those first 6 league games if we don't bring in another forward.

Unplayable?

For 5 months he played like a drain, he shirks tackles and is defensive liability.

Pato was absolute dogshit post Christmas. Non existent. Doesn't have the energy or stamina we require for our high pressure and intensity way of playing and has one good game every 5. Does have undoubted quality but doesn't show enough of it.

9 hours ago, BOSRed said:

Pato was absolute dogshit post Christmas. Non existent. Doesn't have the energy or stamina we require for our high pressure and intensity way of playing and has one good game every 5. Does have undoubted quality but doesn't show enough of it.

Didn't help he was moved from the attacking mid role where he was excellent to a left mid role which is clearly unsuited to him.

9 hours ago, BOSRed said:

He wasnt great, but the rest of the time were hardly firing from all cylinders were they.

7 minutes ago, miloemily said:

Seems all quiet on this front, not sure if that’s a good thing though. Would be another good bit of business imo 

personally I think we've cooled our interest due to peterboroughs and mainly barry fry's pimping of the player in public, I have a sneaky feeling we've moved on to other targets

Archived