IGNORED

Jack Marriott signs for Derby (Merged)

Charlie BCFC

15 hours ago, BOSRed said:

Pato was absolute dogshit post Christmas. Non existent. Doesn't have the energy or stamina we require for our high pressure and intensity way of playing and has one good game every 5. Does have undoubted quality but doesn't show enough of it.

Think you are being harsh on Pato but I have been saying for quite some time he should be an impact sub for most games and be a spot starter. Think he will be just that this season and that is a very good option off the bench as it will keep him fresher.

7 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Think you are being harsh on Pato but I have been saying for quite some time he should be an impact sub for most games and be a spot starter. Think he will be just that this season and that is a very good option off the bench as it will keep him fresher.

You maybe correct, my problem with him is his type of game makes him one dimensional, if he is not playing well at the things he excels at then he becomes an encumbrance to the team as a whole, because his defensive qualities are woeful, that is what made Reid so good last season, when he wasn't playing well offensively his work rate and his ability to chase back and tackle and slot into midfield when the need arose made him a great 'team player' Paterson is not and will never be that player, it's tantamount to playing with 10 players and I fully accept that he was in very good company during our long lasting poor run.

13 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

You maybe correct, my problem with him is his type of game makes him one dimensional, if he is not playing well at the things he excels at then he becomes an encumbrance to the team as a whole, because his defensive qualities are woeful, that is what made Reid so good last season, when he wasn't playing well offensively his work rate and his ability to chase back and tackle and slot into midfield when the need arose made him a great 'team player' Paterson is not and will never be that player, it's tantamount to playing with 10 players and I fully accept that he was in very good company during our long lasting poor run.

He is a harder worker than most “maverick” types tbf. Isn’t his strong suit though for sure. Also think coming on in an attacking sense playing centrally he’d be more consistent anyway. 

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

The flair type. One that can change a game. JET, Tomlin Pato similar types but Pato with the better motor and attitude

He was the catalyst to the end of 16/17 season escape....ditch Tomlin, bring in Pato who will still do hard yards, even if not that great at it.  It meant we had 10 outfield workers, not 9.

Just hearing that Bournemouth have excepted a 6 million bid for Grabban, and most saying its Forest.

That being the case we must have a decent chance of getting this lad now.

5 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Just hearing that Bournemouth have excepted a 6 million bid for Grabban, and most saying its Forest.

That being the case we must have a decent chance of getting this lad now.

Was that gap so we could "watch this space"?

17 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Was that gap so we could "watch this space"?

All over Sky Sports right now so that will be Forest out the way.

That leaves Derby who had massive interest as well. But they want Tammy as their main striker.

You would think City would insist that if Marriott signs they want him in Marbella?

1 minute ago, Dolman Block B said:

All over Sky Sports right now so that will be Forest out the way.

That leaves Derby who had massive interest as well. But they want Tammy as their main striker.

You would think City would insist that if Marriott signs they want him in Marbella?

I think we'd almost certainly want him over there with the rest of the squad.

He's only just got back from Spain though hasn't he?

Are Peterborough trying to buy his replacement first? 

DONCASTER REJECT BIDS FOR MARQUIS

Aberdeen and Peterborough have had bids for striker John Marquisrejected by Doncaster, according to Sky sources.

It is understood Aberdeen bid £500,000, while Peterborough offered £750,000.
Marquis, who has two years remaining on his current contract, has scored 41 goals in 99 appearances for Doncaster.

The forward moved from Millwall on a free transfer in 2016 and scored 26 goals in his debut season.

Marquis' impressive tally meant Doncaster secured promotion to League One and he was named League Two player of the year.

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Aberdeen and Peterborough have had bids for striker John Marquisrejected by Doncaster, according to Sky sources.

Marquis, who has two years remaining on his current contract, has scored 41 goals in 99 appearances for Doncaster.

The forward moved from Millwall on a free transfer in 2016 and scored 26 goals in his debut season.

Marquis' impressive tally meant Doncaster secured promotion to League One and he was named League Two player of the year.

Just offer them Matty Taylor as part of the deal. 

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

This Marquis lad looks decent . Would be funny if we bought him instead of Marriott .

Now we have Weimann I would prefer Eisa for a better price but it is not my money. If we want Marriott we should get him. Perhaps that is what we are doing. Have a price we will meet but they want more and are gambling someone needs him more? Guess we can afford to wait now

On 03/07/2018 at 15:14, BobBobSuperBob said:

The mystery of the summer £15m on a Portuguese player :blink:

Despite the sale of Burke , Assombalonga they have had  a big turnover in players in last few seasons which tends to be expensive

Despite the explanations of FFP on here I remain confused how this is even feasible within FFP for Forest 

FWIW I’ll take Weimann over Grabban all day long 

You're not the only one!

£6m on Grabban, £15m on a Portuguese player- linked with Byram on loan...with no parachute payments to help.

Edit- forgot £2.65m on Soudani too.

41 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

This Marquis lad looks decent . Would be funny if we bought him instead of Marriott .

Not been impressed whenever I’ve seen him (very small sample of matches). Doesn’t look to have the ability to step up to Champ. Whereas Marriott looks an infinitely better player. 

Interesting that Donny manager is ex-Peterboro player and manager Grant McCann. So I’m sure he won’t let Fry and McAnthony bully him. 

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not been impressed whenever I’ve seen him (very small sample of matches). Doesn’t look to have the ability to step up to Champ. Whereas Marriott looks an infinitely better player. 

Interesting that Donny manager is ex-Peterboro player and manager Grant McCann. So I’m sure he won’t let Fry and McAnthony bully him. 

Karma, don't you just love it ?

36 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I thank you. I’m here all season :thumbsup:

Also reminds me of something on similar lines from the Danny Wilson/Frank Barlow era - can't remember the name of the City fanzine, (apologies to them, somebody help me out please) - but there's a hilarious montage picture of a grotesquely fat Darren Caskey done up like the Matt Lucas character in "Little Britain". He's made a huge dent in the pitch at the Gate and in the caption Wilson is saying to Barlow :

"No you prat!  I said I wanted a CREATOR, not a ****ing crater, in midfield!!"

Archived