IGNORED

Jack Marriott signs for Derby (Merged)

Charlie BCFC

40 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

I’ve got a feeling this one will be a long drawn out transfer.

I think we’ll eventually sign Marriott for a lot less than the quoted figure once all of the other ‘interest’ fizzles out and we’re the last team with money on the table. I can see him signing for between 3-4m late July.

Hope so, the #bcfc hashtag thing still gives me hope.

Perhaps we were given permission to talk, whilst a final fee was being arranged. Deal agreed with player, then us/P’boro started to play silly buggers with the fee. 

Now it’s a game of chicken to see who blinks first.

5 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

You are correct.

On pitance at Peterborough and now expects 20k or more a week.

That wont happen at Ashton Gate for sure. 

What the lad has to understand is that he could quite easily use Bristol City as a stepping stone to much bigger things.

That's absolute bollox.

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

That's not how I understand it. You have to have a bid accept it before it goes to wages etc.
That said , no doubt the agent will talk to the club, the club will have an idea of what to offer and if the player is viable. But you have to meet the owning clubs demands first. Didn't we have a bid accepted for a striker , which after talks he decided to go elsewhere.

Not quite true. Can work both ways. Sometimes terms are agreed with a player before a fee is agreed with a club.

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Not quite true. Can work both ways. Sometimes terms are agreed with a player before a fee is agreed with a club.

But as the buying club isn't supposed to 'talk' to the player that would be tapping up, that's what I meant about the agent doing the talking. 
With all the agents about now, I expect  clubs know what the incoming player would want before a bid has been made. I was thinking of how it is supposed to be. 

On 06/07/2018 at 22:10, Kid in the Riot said:

And sometimes equal bids seem to be declared acceptable, leaving the player to decide which club to choose afterwards.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Naughty that isn’t it?

Man who have hole in pocket, feel cocky all day

You've done it now David. You've opened the door to three pages of similar jokes.

Like man with dick in biscuit barrel think himself 'kin crackers. Man with dick in fireplace think himself 'kin grate. 

See what you've done?

If I was Marriott I’d be putting pressure on him to sell. Imagine that was the guy that has his hands on your future. Ugh. This thread annoys me. 21 pages of nothing except a few tweets from an absolute (insert vulgarity here) and talk on whether 6m would be a wise investment. It is absolutely too much money for Marriott and I’d rather go spend that sum on someone from Europe. Can get a europa league player for that. 

Just now, Davefevs said:

Naughty that isn’t it?

To be expected from the used car salesmen that run the place there though. To be fair it usually works, it's not often you hear of a Peterborough player going on the cheap (decent ones anyway),  but transfers always seem to be done in the public eye there.

Makes me wonder if we're using this as a smokescreen for another big money signing for it to be going on for this amount of time. The interest is probably 100% true, but we may have been put off by the money a while ago. Whilst this is still in the public eye, clubs could be fooled into thinking we're putting all our eggs into this basket, until we go further up the aisles and see different eggs for a fraction of the price.

Original eggs get dropped, and Peterborough are the ones left with egg on their faces. Possibly also a player that would rather be somewhere else, all the while we get better (or equivalent eggs) from a different place.....

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

If I was Marriott I’d be putting pressure on him to sell. Imagine that was the guy that has his hands on your future. Ugh. This thread annoys me. 21 pages of nothing except a few tweets from an absolute (insert vulgarity here) and talk on whether 6m would be a wise investment. It is absolutely too much money for Marriott and I’d rather go spend that sum on someone from Europe. Can get a europa league player for that. 

Diedhiou and Kodjia aside, I’d rather we looked closer to home..

Cheltenham for example.

2 minutes ago, Taz said:

To be expected from the used car salesmen that run the place there though. To be fair it usually works, it's not often you hear of a Peterborough player going on the cheap (decent ones anyway),  but transfers always seem to be done in the public eye there.

Makes me wonder if we're using this as a smokescreen for another big money signing for it to be going on for this amount of time. The interest is probably 100% true, but we may have been put off by the money a while ago. Whilst this is still in the public eye, clubs could be fooled into thinking we're putting all our eggs into this basket, until we go further up the aisles and see different eggs for a fraction of the price.

Original eggs get dropped, and Peterborough are the ones left with egg on their faces. Possibly also a player that would rather be somewhere else, all the while we get better (or equivalent eggs) from a different place.....

Agree.....wouldn’t surprise me at all.  Think it’s how we got Weimann for £2m.

41 minutes ago, Taz said:

I hope we aren't signing eggs.

Don't want our signing to crack under pressure.

9 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Diedhiou and Kodjia aside, I’d rather we looked closer to home..

Cheltenham for example.

I’d love to have Eisa just not sure he is ready though I’d rather Eisa than Taylor. With abroad my point was more you can get someone proven at a higher level than League 1. 

13 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

IMHO it means:- Lee likes him, but JM is not interested in going to Bristol City, however we aren't going to tell you that as Bristol City's interest will keep hyping the price up.

Think it’ll be fee related rather than player not wanting to come. If that was known then we’d just be on to someone else regardless of fee. 

Sounds to me like DM saying we’ll get him if we pay more. Probably confirms we are still after him/another striker though even post Weimann. 

I think JM would be happy to come, but Peterborough are just whoring him out in many ways to try and find other suitors to bump the price up. We clearly need a striker and it wouldn't surprise me if all of this 'we've done our business this window' from LJ is just a charade to play them at their own game.

I would rather we offer villa 6 mill for Kodjia and see where it’s goes they still owe us money on the original deal which we could write off as part of it, at least we know he can perform at this level, Marriott just seem a massive gamble for the fee being quoted. 

25 minutes ago, Cider red said:

We've gone for Weiman instead imo; much better value for money. Peterborough won't have our pants down on this one.

Depends entirely on wages and the like. Weimann is thought to be on relatively high wages, so if we can get Marriott on significantly less, even an extravagant transfer fee of £5m+ would balance out to be a similar cost of the term of a contract.

Archived