IGNORED

Jack Marriott signs for Derby (Merged)

Charlie BCFC

17 hours ago, Bristol_Bolt said:

Lansdown’s money? Upfront we’ve received a total of £18mil ish from Magnússon, Flint & Bobby. Whilst bringing in Webster, Watkins and Weimann for £7-8mil.

We certainly have the money there to spend from profits rather than from Lansdown himself.

When we're running at a £13m or so loss any money now spent is already "Lansdowns money" given those transfer numbers leave us at £10m up, we're already losing £3m a year after keeping that 'profit'.

Plus transfers are nowhere near that simple, the payments arent all made in a lump sum as soon as the deal is agreed. We've probably had about £2-2.5m of the Reid fee this year and will get more next summer.

21 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

Unfortunately it won't teach Peterborough anything, in fact it may do the opposite as there are a few clubs after him, someone will pay the inflated price.

Will there though? There can’t be that many clubs in the position to splash out £6m. I assume he wants to play in the Championship, take out the clubs in financial difficulties and look around at who is left. The Premiership relegated teams and a couple of others perhaps, and how many of them will want to gamble on someone so unproven. The ex Prem teams would probably take from Championship sides who didn’t quite make it, eg us. I don’t think his choice is that wide really?

And in reply to McAnthony, sometimes you don’t get what you like either!

Chatting with a colleague who is a Luton ST holder and said when they had him could see he suited a 433 formation as he needs service into the box and playing up on his own isn’t his game. Thinks he will do very well in Championship at a club like ours based on who we have already signed so far and fancies us as an outside bet for promotion if we get Marriott

23 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

Unfortunately it won't teach Peterborough anything, in fact it may do the opposite as there are a few clubs after him, someone will pay the inflated price.

Who? Forest were mentioned but have gone elsewhere. Derby too, but don’t have much money unless the Vydra sale is resurrected.

On 12/07/2018 at 06:10, JonDolman said:

Johnson said we have 5. Think he means Diedhiou, Taylor, Weimann, Paterson and Taylor. Paterson will be playing the Bobby role, so is basically a forward this season. 

Surely that 5 would include Djuric?

You may rate Taylor, but he can’t be more than one of the five?

Bored with this now unless something concrete is announced soon...

I can't believe how difficult it appears to be to book a posh hotel ...

...blimey life's too short I'm off to B&B at Travel Lodge, or Ibis, who needs a Jack Who's He? anyway?  

(might pop into the Avon Gorge for a coffee or two though - on the off chance :fingerscrossed:

12 hours ago, Leveller said:

With a bit of luck, everybody is calling Peterborough’s bluff, and with a few days to go they’ll have to choose between hanging on to him or selling him for about £4M.

Really hope the way they put all their business out in the open it bites them in the ass. I would just leave them to it and not go back in for him at all - and hope everyone else follows suit.

9 hours ago, wood_red said:

Really hope the way they put all their business out in the open it bites them in the ass. I would just leave them to it and not go back in for him at all - and hope everyone else follows suit.

Me too but unfortunately there will always be someone who blinks first. Hope it`s not us though, the thought of him turning out to be useless and Fry & MacAntony having our pants down would really wind me up. Even if he turned out alright £6m is far too much in any case.

There has been so much to this story. It could well be journalism at its best saying '8 or 9 clubs are chasing Marriott' how do we know? Clubs aren't going to admit it, are people going to ask every club if they're after Marriott? Absolutely not. It's obvious Fry and co. will be agreeing with the papers, it ramps up the price for an 'in demand' striker. For all we know it's us and one other club and Fry and his hordes are just doing what they do best... if city stick and turn their attentions elsewhere, how do we know Marriott won't just stay where he is because nobody else is interested? Poker faces needed for this one. 

23 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

There has been so much to this story. It could well be journalism at its best saying '8 or 9 clubs are chasing Marriott' how do we know? Clubs aren't going to admit it, are people going to ask every club if they're after Marriott? Absolutely not. It's obvious Fry and co. will be agreeing with the papers, it ramps up the price for an 'in demand' striker. For all we know it's us and one other club and Fry and his hordes are just doing what they do best... if city stick and turn their attentions elsewhere, how do we know Marriott won't just stay where he is because nobody else is interested? Poker faces needed for this one. 

The 8 or 9 bit came from the Posh end. Given the 2 sober, serious and honourable men involved I think we can safely it is true. Possibly. :cool:

On 15/07/2018 at 15:34, Ska Junkie said:

'Posh owner Darragh MacAnthony has now confirmed that a unnamed Championship side has moved again for the 23-year-old with three bids submitted in the last eight days.'

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fresh-bids-bristol-city-derby-1787729

No idea if it's us.

All Championship clubs have names so I'm calling his bluff.

On 15/07/2018 at 15:46, Ryan_BCFC said:

This is getting boring now. Either pay up and get him signed on or move on to the next target.  

How do you know we haven't ? 

Are you ITK ?

On 15/07/2018 at 15:08, Ska Junkie said:

I'm beginning to think that Darragh doesn't half peddle some garbage that people are totally taken in by. He should be a lot more private. 

Posh do their dealing far too publicly for me TBH. 

He’s on Twitter again , picture of Marriott and co laughing saying 4th offer of the day , to be honest if offers flowing in like that , it’s either not us or at least not only us , think this ones dead , at least for us

On 15/07/2018 at 15:08, Ska Junkie said:

I'm beginning to think that Darragh doesn't half peddle some garbage that people are totally taken in by. He should be a lot more private. 

Posh do their dealing far too publicly for me TBH. 

I quite like it. I think all clubs should be more open about what’s going on to their fans. I bet Peterborough fans love it. Undisclosed fees should be banned. 

8 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

I quite like it. I think all clubs should be more open about what’s going on to their fans. I bet Peterborough fans love it.   Undisclosed fees should be banned. 

i don't its unprofessional and tinpot

6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

i don't its unprofessional and tinpot

Each to their own. I thought what JL did at the start of this season was quite unprofessional with some of the ‘announce the kit’ stuff. Along with his ocassional indirect digs on twitter about certain things. 

At least what MacAnthony does is informative & not looking to wind his own fan base up. 

Archived