IGNORED

Jack Marriott signs for Derby (Merged)

Charlie BCFC

19 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

I quite like it. I think all clubs should be more open about what’s going on to their fans. I bet Peterborough fans love it. Undisclosed fees should be banned. 

I wouldn't mind being a little more in the open as "we have received a bid for player A", but all this "we've had 3 bids" and then a few hours later "it's now 4 bids" etc etc is pathetic. I hope nobody has bid anything stupid and they get stuck with the player tbh. Considering they are moaning at the value of Eisa at 1.5 million and then valuing Marriot at 6.5 million they can frankly go and do one imo.

3 minutes ago, wood_red said:

I wouldn't mind being a little more in the open as "we have received a bid for player A", but all this "we've had 3 bids" and then a few hours later "it's now 4 bids" etc etc is pathetic. I hope nobody has bid anything stupid and they get stuck with the player tbh. Considering they are moaning at the value of Eisa at 1.5 million and then valuing Marriot at 6.5 million they can frankly go and do one imo.

Haha yeah that last bit is a bit strange.

I hope we don’t sign Marriott at that price, not even sure I’d spend more than 3 million on him so if that means we have to go elsewhere then so be it. 

6 minutes ago, eric04 said:

I guess he’s on a long contract at Peterborough, so why don’t they just keep him and try and get promoted? Clearly they’re eager to sell so there’s probably a deal to be done nearer the end of the window. 

Looks and sounds like they’ve already spent the money from the Marriott sale. 

49 minutes ago, eric04 said:

I guess he’s on a long contract at Peterborough, so why don’t they just keep him and try and get promoted? Clearly they’re eager to sell so there’s probably a deal to be done nearer the end of the window. 

Yes, he isn’t one of the ones where Peterboro’s policy is to transfer list those with one year to go.

I think (like @JasonM88) they are keen to sell, because either Marriott wants to move on or more likely he’s probably at top value, and selling him now funds them for a couple of seasons, or allows them to buy a couple for the future conveyor belt.

Marriott seems happy to be pimped around in the media by what I thought was just the MacAnthony / Fry combo.  But in the photo yesterday, I remembered that their manager is now Steve Evans.  What a perfect trio, they deserve each other.

I doubt anyone has offered anywhere near £6.5m.  Anyone would know that Peterboro over-inflate their prices.

5 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Peterborough chairman confirmed on Twitter there will be an update “in detail” regarding Marriott tomorrow...

Would we rule Derby out considering they’ve just brought in Wilson and Mount?

I’ve gone a little past caring now though.

9 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Peterborough chairman confirmed on Twitter there will be an update “in detail” regarding Marriott tomorrow...

Great.... can't wait. What are the chances of some cryptic message designed to drive the price up. Absolutely mental. 

48 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

In terms of levels of tedium - this is like our ‘kit reveal’ x100 - really couldn’t care less anymore....and all three kits turned out to be rubbish too....

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I think McAnthony thinks Marriott is Gareth Bale

I notice his stupid twitter post with them laughing re Marriott worked well

Pages of peoples replies taking the p out McAnthony and  Steve Evans whale type figure followed

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Is the update that there's been no more offers....? 

5 hours ago, BessexRED said:

There have from Derby but well below the valuation.

This situation is a bit like the housing market , each house is individual, even if the style is the same the location never is.

The seller puts his house on the market at a price that he thinks is correct . He either sells at that price or if no one else meets his valuation he drops it or accepts that he's asking too much and stays put .

Which will Pish do ? ( autocorrection got to love it , I tried to write ' Posh ' ! ) 

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

This situation is a bit like the housing market , each house is individual, even if the style is the same the location never is.

The seller puts his house on the market at a price that he thinks is correct . He either sells at that price or if no one else meets his valuation he drops it or accepts that he's asking too much and stays put .

Which will Pish do ? ( autocorrection got to love it , I tried to write ' Posh ' ! ) 

Perhaps Posh should use Purple Bricks then?

6 minutes ago, Midred said:

Derby lost 3-1 to Mansfield the other night so they're probably more desperate than city!  :P

If they had won 3-1 would the victory be credited to Frank Lampard's Derby?  :)

Just seen part of an interview with the Posh owner, he stated that Derby had made 3 bids. 

https://twitter.com/DMAC102?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1020243011580715008&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fdcfcfans.uk%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcore%26module%3Dsystem%26controller%3Dembed%26url%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Ftheposhofficial%2Fstatus%2F1020243011580715008

I still don't like how open he is TBH. If he said 'we've received 3 bids from 1 club' I could accept it but naming them is a tad naughty IMHO. I'm sure derby aren't too impressed that they are being mentioned. Maybe he's forcing the hands of others but naming a club is poor in my view.

1 hour ago, BessexRED said:

Yes, but not at the current valuation.

This is the bottom line I think. We don`t think he`s worth what they`re asking and if another club do then good luck to them. If we can get him for £3m then we will I reckon but we won`t let Fry & Co hold a gun to our head over it.

I have to say I agree wholeheartedly with this approach.

1 hour ago, WRERE said:

Are we even interested anymore? I don’t think we have been since Weimann joined. Johnson said he’s interested in bringing 1-2 GKs in but that’s it unless someone leaves

Is that what he actually said?

I thought he said he would be happy to go with what we had if he added 1 or 2 keepers BUT there could be 1 or 2 others.

I'm in agreement that we don't appear to be after Marriott anymore though. 

It would seem that 'Frank Lampards' Derby...........as they will surely be monikerd for the rest of the season, are strong favourites, Frank is a big fan, and has not been shy in letting everyone know that he sees Marriott joining them. Time for our quest to spend some money, to be moving on to other targets.

Archived